Government Ayurved College and Hospital Nagpur is one of the reputed Ayurvedic Colleges in Maharashtra. The college, popularly known as GAM Nagpur, was established in 1965, and it was founded to provide the best ayurvedic care to students. GAM Nagpur is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik and is licensed by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur aims to create Ayurvedic doctors that will cater to the needs of Ayurvedic professionals in the country. The college provides undergraduate BAMS courses as well as postgraduate (MD) courses. The University’s syllabus and curriculum are based on the Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM, the statutory body of the Indian System of Medicine.
The institute was established to provide cost-effective healthcare services to the Nagpur region and to help improve access to health services through Ayurveda for common people in the state without discrimination.
|College Name||Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur|
|Popular Name||GAM Nagpur, Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya Nagpur|
|Location||Umer Road Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|Affiliated with||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Maharashtra|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|PG Entrance Test||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Admission/ Selection Process||NEET Entrance Exam Based|
|Contact||Address: Raje Raghuji Nagar,Umer Road, Nagpur 440024, Maharashtra.|
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
- Centre for sustainable development
- Medical Facilities/ Social welfare
- Herbal Garden
Faculty And Staff
Government Ayurved College and Hospital in Nagpur is a prestigious institution known for its excellence in Ayurvedic education and healthcare services. The college boasts a team of highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff members who contribute significantly to the institution’s success. Let’s explore the faculty and staff at Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur:
Professors: The college is blessed with experienced and renowned professors who are experts in their respective fields of Ayurveda. They have extensive knowledge and expertise in various branches of Ayurvedic medicine and provide valuable guidance to students. Professors also engage in research activities and contribute to the development of Ayurvedic knowledge.
Associate Professors: The associate professors play a vital role in the college’s academic activities. They possess in-depth knowledge and experience in specific areas of Ayurveda. They assist in teaching, research, and mentorship of students. Associate professors also contribute to curriculum development and academic administration.
Assistant Professors: Assistant professors are young and enthusiastic faculty members who are responsible for teaching and guiding students. They assist in conducting practical training sessions, delivering lectures, and supervising student research projects. Assistant professors contribute to the overall academic environment and provide mentorship to students.
Clinical Instructors: The college has dedicated clinical instructors who work in the attached hospital. They provide practical training to students and supervise their clinical rotations. Clinical instructors ensure that students gain hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating patients using Ayurvedic principles. They play a crucial role in shaping students’ clinical skills.
Non-Teaching Staff: The college is supported by a diligent team of non-teaching staff who handle administrative, technical, and support roles. This includes administrative staff, laboratory technicians, librarians, and other personnel who contribute to the smooth functioning of the institution.
Courses offered and Intake Capacity
For UG Courses
|BAMS||Five years six months||100|
|Program Name||Duration||Seat Intake|
|Sharir Rachna||Three year||04|
|Sharir Kriya||Three year||04|
|Rog Nidan||Three year||01|
|Shalakya Tantra||Three year||01|
Here this selection will tell you about the Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya Nagpur BAMS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant Avum Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
Here this selection will let you know about BAMS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti evam Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
For UG Courses
|Annual Fees (AIQ)||40,700/-|
|Admission fee (One Time)||40,700/-|
|The Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling (Rs)||1,500/-|
|The number of fees to be reimbursed in case the candidate resigns during the counseling period (Rs):||1,500/-|
|The Number of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period(Rs):||40,700/-|
For PG Courses
|MD/MS Courses||To Notified Soom|
For UG Courses
|Entrance Exam:||Common Entrance Examination test (CEE ,Assam)/ NEET Entrance Exam|
|Age:||At least 17 years old|
|To apply, applicants must have passed the 10+2 exam or an equivalent examination from a recognized educational institution.||Applicants must have a minimum 50% marks in P,C,B&E(Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) as required subjects, with 40 % marks for SC/ST applicants and 45 % marks for PwD students.|
For PG Courses
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Homeopathic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
AIAPGET 2023 Cut-Off
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2019||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Government Ayurved College and Hospital Nagpur Cut-Off 2023
|Category||First Round||First Round||Second Round||Second Round||Third Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Ayurved College and Hospital Nagpur|
Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur
Address : Raje Raghuji Nagar, Umer Road, Nagpur 440024, Maharashtra.
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant thoroughly helps students with Ayurvedic counseling and top Ayurvedic colleges criteria.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better, NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling experts
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
AACCC (AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee) is responsible for the 15% All India Quota.
This is a Centralized counseling committee established by the Ministry of Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) of the Government of India for admission to UG and PG programmes.
In this case, the entire admissions procedure is done online, from registration to seat allocation. Students from all states in India who have qualified for NEET 2022 are eligible for admission, regardless of where they live.
AACCC grants admission to these AYUSH Institutions for BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, and BUMS programmes. There are various sorts of institutions in this category, including government, government-aided, central universities/national institutions, and deemed universities.
ALL INDIA QUOTA (15%)
- AIQ online counseling will be conducted in three rounds: Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3/Mop Up Round.
- The seats that remain unfilled under AIQ after the third/mop-up round of AACCC counseling will be transferred/returned to the respective states.
Maharashtra Ayush Counseling Process
- Visit the official website of Maharashtra Directorate of Medical Education and Research.
- Candidates who have been found eligible during document verification and obtained an Acknowledgement of Document Verification can fill out the Preference Form at https://cetcell.mahacet.org/.
- Log in using your Application Number/Username, Password, and Document Verification Code.
Choice Filling & Locking
- The Preference Form will be displayed after logging in.
- Fill in a minimum of one preference and a maximum of 300 preferences.
- Each TAB displays 100 preferences, one after the other.
- Click “SAVE Preferences” after entering 100 preferences to display the next TAB.
- Once all preferences are entered, click “Lock Preferences” to complete the Preference Form.
- Double-check your preferences before locking as they cannot be updated once submitted.
- Click “FINISH” on the final TAB and verify all preferences using the checkboxes before locking.
Print Preference Form
- After submitting the form, print a copy of the Preference Form for your reference.
- Do not submit a copy of the Preference Form to the counseling office.
Seat Matrix and College Choice
Check the seat matrix table to verify if the specific college code is available for the desired course in the College/Institute.
- Save preferences every ten minutes to avoid session expiration.
- Plan your preferences in advance as you cannot change them once locked.
- Be aware of the tuition costs, additional fees, and terms and conditions of the preferred colleges by checking the respective websites.
Status Retention Form Submission
- If allocated a seat and wish to participate in the next/following rounds, do not complete the Status Retention Form.
- If not interested in further rounds, complete the Status Retention Form.
- Institutes should not force candidates to fill out the Status Retention Form.
- If you wish to participate, report to the allotted college on the prescribed schedule according to the seat allotment.
- Provide the original documents and photocopies as required.
- Nationality, a valid passport, a domicile certificate, or an HSC/12th-grade school leaving certificate are all required. stating the candidate’s nationality as “Indian”
- Age Certificate (S.S.C. Passing Certificate)
- All mark sheets from the first to the final year of B.A.M.S.
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- MCIM Registration Certificate / MCIM fee Receipt in case of out-of-state candidates.
- Copy of Downloaded Online Application form of Competent Authority, Maharashtra.
- Any Photo ID proof. (Aadhar card, Driving License, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID).
For PG Candidate
- AIAPGET 2023 scorecard
- AIAPGET 2023 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BAMS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, i.e. BAMS Degree Certificate
- Permanent or provisional certificate provided by Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- PwD certificate, if required.
- Caste certificate, if required.
AACCC Ayush Counselling online Registration & Process
Below is the simplified steps for AACCC Counselling Online Registration:
- To participate in the AACCC counseling registration 2023, qualified NEET (UG) candidates must register on the AACCC counseling website (www.aaccc.gov.in).
- Candidates are advised to use the same E-mail address and Mobile Number submitted during NEET-UG, 2023 Registration, for registration on the AACCC-UG portal for Counseling.
- The AACCC, Ministry of Ayush will only send information/communication to the registered E-mail or registered Mobile Number.
- The AACCC, Ministry of Ayush will not consider any request to change a registered mobile number or email address.
- To avoid technical complications, candidates are advised to use a Laptop or Computer with the most recent registered version of Chrome/Internet Explorer/Firefox/Windows/IOS during the Registration and Choice-Filling process.
- When registering for the AACCC-UG Portal, use extreme caution. Your allocation will be based on the information you provided during registration.
- Candidates are advised to download the ‘Sandes app’ for OTP on their registered phone number in order to register.
AACCC Counselling Process
ROUND 1: ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
Have a look at AACCC Counselling Process below: Only NEET (UG) – 2023 qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the AACCC-UG counseling.
Step 1: Registration for AACCC-UG Counseling.
Step 2: Payment of Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable Registration Fee + Security Deposit Money)
Step 3: Choice filling and locking
Step 4: Publication of Seat allotment list (Publication of result)
Step 5: Physical Reporting to the allotted college
ROUND 2: ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
- NEET (UG)- 2023 qualified candidates who have not registered in the 1 st Round.
- Candidates registered for the 1 st Round and were not allotted a seat.
- Candidates who have opted for free exit in the 1 st Round.
- Candidates joined the allotted seat in the AACCC counseling in 1st Round and submitted willingness for up-gradation in the 2nd Round.
Step 1: Registration for AACCC- UG Counseling. (The candidates who participated in 1st Round need not be registered again)
Step 2: Payment of Counseling Fee includes Non-Refundable Registration Fee + Security Money (Need not to pay by the candidates, those who already paid the counseling fee at the time of registration for 1st Round)
Step 3: Choice filling and locking
Step 4: Publication of Seat allotment list (Publication of Result)
Step 5: Physical Reporting to the allotted college
ROUND-3/MOP-UP ROUND: Eligibility for participation
- NEET (UG)- 2023 qualified candidates who have not registered in the 1 st Round & 2 nd Round.
- Candidates who have already registered, but were not allotted seats in the 1 st Round & 2 nd Round.
- The candidate registered in Round-1/Round 2 & availed of Free Exit.
- Candidates joined in the 1st Round allotted seat and submitted willingness for upgradation, but did not participate in the 2nd Round of counseling.
- Candidates joined the allotted seat in the 2nd Round and submitted willingness for up-gradation in the AACCC counseling 3rd Round.
- Candidates who leave/resign the allotted seat in the 2nd Round, with forfeiture of Security money, three days before the commencement of the 3rd Round, can participate with payment of complete fees.
Step 1: Registration for AACCC-UG Counseling. (Those candidates who participated in 1 st Round/2nd Round need not be registered again)
Step 2: Payment of Counseling Fee includes non-refundable Registration Fee and Security Money. (No Need to pay by those candidates who have already paid the counseling fee at the time of registration for 1st Round /2nd Round)
Step 3: Choice filling and locking.
Step 4: Publication of Seat allotment list (Publication of Result) Step 5: Physical Reporting to the allotted college.
Note: All candidates must take admission on their upgraded seats in the Round 3 / Mop Up Round from Round 1 & 2 admitted seats. If such candidates do not accept the upgraded seats, they will be ineligible for further AYUSH counseling (Central/State/UT/Central Pool Quota) and their security money will be forfeited.
STRAY VACANCY ROUND FOR AIQG/AIQGA/CU/NI
“Seats that remain vacant (not joined/withdrawn) after the 3rd/Mop-up Round of AACCC-UG Counseling of Govt./Govt. Aided colleges/CU/NI will be filled through the AACCC, Ministry of Ayush’s online Stray Vacancy Round”
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION:
All registered candidates who were not admitted to any of the seats through AACCC-UG counseling or state/UT counseling are eligible for the Stray Vacancy Round.
- There is no Fresh Registration in Stray Vacancy Round.
- Candidates must submit a willingness in the AACCC-UG portal to participate in the Stray Vacancy Round with an undertaking that they are not holding any UG (ASU&H) seats allotted through AACCC-UG counseling or counseling conducted by State/UTs.
- Option for choice filling is available in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- No upgradation is available from the 3 rd/ Mop-up Round to the Stray Vacancy Round.
STRAY VACANCY ROUND FOR DEEMED UNIVERSITY
- The Stray Vacancy Round will be conducted by the respective Deemed Universities at their own level for seat allotment under Deemed Universities.
- AACCC, M/o Ayush will send a list of eligible registered candidates to Deemed Universities for the Stray Vacancy Round, which will be exercised strictly in order of merit.
- The seats are domicile-free, and only registered AACCC – UG counseling candidates are eligible for admission.
Note: In addition, a list of ineligible candidates will be distributed to the appropriate State/UT counselling authorities, National Institutes/Central Universities/Deemed Universities for the purpose of prohibiting them from participating in any other AYUSH counseling (Central/State/UT/Nominated seat, etc.)
Documents Required at the time of Joining Allotted Ayush College
AACCC Counselling Documents Required (Original along with attested photocopies of documents) at the time of joining in allotted AYUSH College are as below:
- Admit Cards for the NEET (UG)-2023Exam issued by NTA.
- NEET (UG)-2023 Result/ Rank letter issued by NTA.
- Date of Birth Certificate (if 10th Standard Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th passed Certificate
- Class 10+2 Passed Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight (8) Passport size photographs. (Same as affixed on the NEET (UG)- 2023/AACCC-UG counseling-2023 online application form).
- Provisional Allotment Letter generated online from the AACCC portal.
- Proof of identity (Aadhar/ PAN/ Driving License/ Passport/ Voter ID )
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format as attached in Annexure-VI.
- Transfer Certificate from the last studied institution.
What is the Official website for Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur?
The official website of Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur is www.gacnagpur.org
Is it correct that Ayurvedic medications have no side effects?
Ayurveda, like many medicinal systems, has some negative effects in its medications. The fact that Ayurvedic treatments are entirely of natural origin does not mean that they are without side effects.
Which university is affiliated with Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur?
The college was founded in 1965 and affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
Is Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur a govt. or private institution?
Yes, Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur is a government-run Ayurvedic institution.
What is the location of Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur?
The address of Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur is Raje Raghuji Nagar, Umer Road, Nagpur 440024, Maharashtra.
How many BAMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 100 students’ seats available for the BAMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur?
Students must pass the NEET exam in order to enroll at Government Ayurved College and Hospital, Nagpur.
Who is in charge of AIAPGET Counseling?
AIAPGET is counselled by the AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC).