Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Siwan covers 5.5 acres of land in Siwan, Bihar. The institute was founded in 1972, completing a glorious five decades of Ayurvedic education and service. The institute is permanently affiliated with Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga and Recognized By Govt. Of India, Ministry Of Ayush, New Delhi. The campus has a large Herbal Garden with a wide variety of plant species, a specialization in O.P.D and I.P.D, a unique library with an Ayurvedic pharmacy, an auditorium hall, and a yoga hall, and separate hostels for boys and girls.
Dayanand Ayurvedic Hospital is well-known and well-liked in the community for its treatment and management. The hospital campus is separate from the college campus and is located in the city centre. It is well-equipped, with 116 beds divided into departments and separate blocks for male and female patients. The facility includes maternity and children’s wards. Other hospital facilities include an operating room, a labour room, a Panchkarma theatre, a physiotherapy unit, an acupressure unit, a yoga hall, an emergency department, and diagnostic services such as digital X-ray, E.C.G., U.S.G., and a clinical laboratory.
|College Name||Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College And Hospital, Siwan|
|Popular Name||DAMCH, Siwan|
|Location||Siwan – 841226, Bihar|
|Affiliated with||Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Bihar|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|PG Entrance Test||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Bihar|
|Contact||Address: Siwan-Andar Road, Paigambarpur, Rashid Chak, Bihar 841226|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga
- Approved by: National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status: Private
- Herbal Garden
- Department Of Panchkarma
- Department Of Ayurveda Samhita & Siddhanta
- Department Of Kriya Sharira
- Department Of Rachana Sharira
- Department Of Dravyaguna
- Department Of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana
- Department Of Agada Tantra and Vidhi Vaidyak
- Department Of Roga Nidana and Vikriti Vigyan
- Department Of Swasthavritta & Yoga
- Department Of Kaumarabhritya
- Department Of Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga
- Department Of Kayachikitsa
- Department Of Shalya Tantra
- Department Of Shalakya Tantra
Faculty and Staff
The college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific evidence available.
- Reduce incorrect variation in value-based methods.
- Provide more rational and practical behavior in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasingly focusing on continuing education
- to encourage the effective use of available resources
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the shortcomings of existing literature and to make recommendations for future research.
Courses offered & Seat Intake
For UG Course
|BAMS||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship||60|
For PG Course
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
NOTE: The above shared fees can vary from the actual fees and subject to Change. To know the exact amount kindly contact our admission counseling expert on Admission helpline No. 9289495501.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens.|
|Domicile||Candidates should possess a valid domicile of Bihar.|
|Age Limit||Candidates must have attained the age of 17 years as of December 31, 2023. There is no upper age limit.|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must have completed 10+2 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects. They should have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.|
|NEET-UG Score||Candidates must have appeared for the NEET-UG examination and obtained the minimum qualifying percentile as prescribed by the respective regulatory bodies.|
|NEET-UG Merit List||Candidates must have qualified for the NEET-UG merit list. The merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s NEET-UG scores.|
For PG Courses:
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Ayurvedic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
AIAPGET 2023 Cut-Off
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2019||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital Cut-Off (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital|
Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital
- Address: Siwan-Andar Road, Paigambarpur, Rashid Chak, Bihar 841226
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Official Website: www.damch.org
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling expert with over a years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: NEET Ayush Exam
- First, appear for the NEET Ayush exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Score the minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for the admission process.
Step 2: Registration
- Visit the official website of Bihar NEET Ayush Counselling.
- Register yourself by providing the required personal and academic details.
- Pay the registration fee, if applicable.
Step 3: Document Verification
- After successful registration, attend the document verification process.
- Submit the necessary documents for verification, such as NEET scorecard, mark sheets, identity proof, residency certificate, etc.
Step 4: Merit List Publication
- Based on the NEET Ayush exam scores and document verification, the counseling authority will publish the merit list.
- Check the merit list to know your rank and eligibility for further steps.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Log in to your registered account on the counseling website.
- Fill in your preferred choices of colleges and courses based on your merit.
- You can select multiple choices in the order of your preference.
Step 6: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority will conduct the seat allotment process based on your merit and choices filled.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates according to their rank and availability in the preferred colleges.
Step 7: Seat Acceptance
- If you are allotted a seat, you must accept the seat by logging in to your account within the specified time frame.
- Pay the requisite admission fees to confirm your acceptance.
Step 8: Reporting to the Allotted College
- After accepting the seat, you must report to the allotted college within the given time period.
- Carry the necessary documents and admission fees for completing the admission process.
Step 9: Document Verification and Admission
- The college authorities will verify your documents again.
- Pay the remaining admission fees, if any, and complete any additional formalities.
Step 10: Commencement of Classes
- Once the document verification and admission process are completed, attend the classes as per the college’s schedule.
Bihar Ayush counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Bihar Ayush Counselling.
- Fill in the registration form with personal and academic details such as name, date of birth, contact information, NEET-UG score, etc.
- Create a unique username and password for future login.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- Log in to the counselling portal using the provided username and password.
- Access the list of available colleges and courses.
- Select the preferred choices according to the candidate’s preference and eligibility.
- It is advisable to carefully consider the available options and prioritize the choices.
Step 3: Choice Locking
- After selecting the preferred choices, candidates must review and verify their selections.
- Once satisfied, candidates must lock their choices to confirm their selections.
- Remember that choices cannot be modified after locking, so it is important to double-check before proceeding.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- Based on the choices filled by candidates and their NEET-UG scores, the Bihar Ayush Counselling Committee conducts the seat allotment process.
- Seats are allocated to candidates according to their merit and availability of seats in the chosen colleges and courses.
Step 5: Provisional Allotment Letter
- Candidates who are allotted seats will receive a provisional allotment letter.
- The letter will indicate the college and course allocated to the candidate.
- It is important to carefully read and understand the instructions mentioned in the allotment letter.
Step 6: Document Verification
- Candidates must visit the designated document verification centers as per the schedule provided by the counselling authority.
- Carry all the necessary original documents, such as educational certificates, NEET-UG admit card, category certificates (if applicable), etc.
- The documents will be verified, and candidates’ eligibility will be confirmed.
Step 7: Reporting and Admission
- After document verification, candidates need to report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe.
- Complete the admission formalities as instructed by the college authorities.
- Pay the required admission fees to secure the seat.
- Failure to report and complete the admission process within the given timeframe may result in the cancellation of the allotted seat.
Step 8: Commencement of Classes
- Once the admission process is completed, candidates can join the respective college to begin their academic sessions as per the college’s schedule.
Every candidate must submit in original all of the certificates listed below, if applicable, at the time of his or her counseling / allotment on the scheduled date.
- Mark sheet and Admit Card of +2/I.SC or equivalent Examination
- Passing Certificate of +2/I.SC or equivalent Examination
- Mark sheet and Admit Card of 10th / equivalent Examination’s mark sheet/ Certificate/ Admit Card
- Caste Certificate & Permanent Residential Certificate – Issued by CO & Countersigned by SDO (Civil) / DM of Permanent Residence.
- Character Certificate – Issued by Head of Institution last attended/ studied
- Income Certificate (if needed)
- Admit Card
- Residential Certificate.
- Photograph – 4 Photo graphs identical to one used for preparing the Admit Card of NEET (UG).
- Certificate of Disable Quota
- Aadhar Card (Identity Certificate).
- Hard Copy of Online submitted application form (Part-A & Part-B)
- Any other documents required (if any) such as DQ (PH)/ SMQ / EWS Certificate etc.
All the certificates included in the list given below, if applicable, must be submitted in original by every candidate at the time of his / her counseling / allotment on the scheduled date;
- Original Admit Card and Rank Card of AIAPGET-2023
- Passing Certificate / Mark sheet / Admit Card of Metric / equivalent exam.
- Passing Certificate / Mark sheet / Admit Card of Intermediate/ 10+2 / equivalent exam.
- Passing Certificate / Mark sheet of BUMS (I, II, III & IV parts)/ Admit Card of BUMS Degree.
- Residential Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Rotatory internship completion certificate.
- No objection certificate from employer, if any.
- Registration certificate.
- Six copies of the passport size photographs, which was pasted on the Admit Card of AIAPGET-2022.
- Downloaded print of Online filled Application Form (Part A & Part B) of PGMAC (Ayush) for MD(Unani)-2023.
- Aadhar Card.
- Any other documents required (if any) such as DQ (PH) certificate.
What is the official website for Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital?
The official website for Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is www.damch.org
Who is affiliated with Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital?
Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is affiliated with Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga.
Is Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital a full-fledged government institution?
No, Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is a Private Ayurved college.
What is the location of Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital?
The location of Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is Siwan-Andar Road, Paigambarpur, Rashid Chak, Bihar 841226.
When did Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital establish?
Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital was founded in 1971.
How many BAMS seats are there at this institute?
A total of 50 seats are there for the BAMS course in this Institute.
Does Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital has hostel facility?
Yes, Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital has hostel facilities.