Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College was founded on October 2, 1976, by the late Ashtavaidyan E.T. Neelakandan Mooss, and is managed by the Vaidyaratnam Ayurvedic Educational Society, which is registered under the Literary, Scientific, and Charitable Societies Registration Act XII/1955. The college is affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences and provides a B.A.M.S. degree (Ayurveda acharya). The course is accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM. and lasts 5 years and 6 months. The sprawling campus houses administrative and academic buildings, hospitals, an auditorium, an herbal garden, men’s and women’s hostels, and sports and games facilities.
In terms of academic excellence and achievements, Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College is a standout institution. Apart from providing ample academic inputs, the various departments and affiliated facilities also contribute to research that meets international standards.
Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College Thrissur Highlights
|College Name||Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College Thrissur|
|Popular Name||VAC Thrissur|
|Location||Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Thrissur District|
|Affiliated with||Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Intake Capacity||75 – UG & 5 – PG|
|Category||BAMS College in Kerala|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|PG Entrance Test||All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Thrissur District – 680322 Kerala, India.|
Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with– Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)
- Approved by – National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status-Private
- Academic blocks
- Herbal garden
- Hostels for men and women
- Facilities for sports and games
- Agad Tantra
- Dravyaguna Kaumarbhritya
- Kriya Sharir
- Prasuti Tantra
- Rachana Sharir
- Sanskrit Samhita Siddhhant
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Res. Meth. & Central Research Lab
Faculty and Staff
The college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific evidence available.
- Reduce incorrect variation in value-based methods.
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasingly focusing on continuing education
- to encourage the effective use of available resources
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the shortcomings of existing literature and to make recommendations for future research.
For UG Course
|BAMS||5 years 6 month.||75|
For PG Course & Seat Intake
|Program Name||Duration||Intake Capacity|
|Kayachikitsa (Ayurveda Vachaspati)||3 years||5 Seats|
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
For UG Course
For PG Course
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Domicile||Must be a resident of Kerala state|
|Qualifying Examination||Must have qualified NEET-UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Academic Qualification||Completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board or university|
|Age Limit||Must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31 of the admission year|
|Eligibility Criteria set by Authorities||Must satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the authoritiesfor the particular round of counselling|
For PG Course
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Ayurvedic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
AIAPGET 2023 Cut-Off
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2019||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College Cut-Off 2023 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur|
Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur
- Address: Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Thrissur District – 680322 Kerala, INDIA.
- Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
- Email: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.vaidyaratnamcollege.org
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s AYUSH counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
- NEET Counseling Experts: Our NEET Counselling Experts are here to provide you with invaluable guidance and support as you start your journey toward a successful medical career. From course selection to exam preparation strategies, our NEET Counselling Experts are committed to helping you achieve your goals with confidence.
- AYUSH counseling expert: Our AYUSH Counselling Experts are well-versed in these disciplines and are here to provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your academic and career aspirations. Our team of experts is here to empower you with the knowledge and guidance necessary for a successful and fulfilling academic and professional journey.
Kerala Ayush Counselling Process
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET score, and other relevant information.
Step 2: Payment of Counseling Fee
- Pay the counseling fee through the available online payment options.
- The fee amount will be specified by the conducting authority.
Step 3: Document Verification
- Visit the designated verification centers with the necessary documents for verification.
- Carry both original and photocopies of the required documents.
- Documents may include NEET scorecard, admit card, counseling registration form, identity proof, educational certificates, etc.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned, and the photocopies will be retained.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- The conducting authority will release the merit list based on the NEET scores and other eligibility criteria.
- The merit list will be published on the official website.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Seat Allotment
- Candidates must log in to the official website using their credentials.
- They can then fill their preferred choices of colleges and courses from the available options.
- The seat allotment will be done based on the candidate’s merit, choices filled, and availability of seats.
- The allotment result will be published on the official website.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the allotted college within the specified time frame.
- They need to carry the required documents, allotment letter, and payment of the admission fee.
- Upon reporting, candidates will complete the admission formalities and secure their seats.
To be fulfilled and legit, allotted candidates must submit the following documents in original with a self-attested photocopy for verification at the allotted college.
- Certificate to prove DOB.
- Transfer Certificate from the last Institution attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued).
- Eligibility certificate from any University in Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/ Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE. * Eligibility certificate from Kerala University of Health Sciences in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Kerala HSE/VHSE/CBSE/CISCE for admission in KUHS affiliated colleges.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format given in Annexure XVII (a) or XVII (b) of the Prospectus 2023.
- Fee Receipt remitted.
- KEAM 2023 Data sheet.
- Admit card of NEET-UG-2023 (if applicable)
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE.
- Any additional documents specified in the allotment Memo/Notification.
- All original documents and certificates must be uploaded with the online application.
For PG Candidate
- AIAPGET 2023 scorecard
- AIAPGET 2023 Admit Card
- AIA-PGET 2023 Mark Sheet Downloaded
- Mark sheet of BAMS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, i.e. BAMS Degree Certificate
- Permanent or provisional certificate provided by Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- PwD certificate, if required.
- Caste certificate, if required.
What is the Official website Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur?
The official website of Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur is www.vaidyaratnamcollege.org
Is it correct that Ayurvedic medications have no side effects?
Ayurveda, like many medicinal systems, has some negative effects in its medications. The fact that Ayurvedic treatments are entirely of natural origin does not mean that they are without side effects.
Which university is affiliated with Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur?
The college was founded in 1976 and affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).
Is Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur a govt. or private institution?
Yes, Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur is a private-run Ayurvedic institution.
What is the location of Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur?
The address of Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur is Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Thrissur District – 680322 Kerala, INDIA.
How many BAMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 75 students’ seats available for the BAMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur?
Students must pass the NEET exam in order to enroll Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Thrissur.
Who is in charge of AIAPGET Counseling?
AIAPGET is counselled by the AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC).