Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Chandigarh is a reputable Private Ayurvedic college in Chandigarh. The College popularly known as SDAC Chandigarh was established in 1975 with the goal of providing students with the best ayurvedic care. The college is affiliated with Shri Krishna Ayush University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, and is recognized by National Commission for Indian System of Medicine- NCISM, New Delhi.
So far, the college has produced over 2500 well-trained graduates who are serving the ailing humanity in both urban and rural areas and are well placed in government services or their own businesses. Several important and well-known pharmaceutical companies in the country have expressed a keen interest in the College’s Ayurvedic activities and development.
|College Name||Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College & Hospital, Chandigarh|
|Popular Name||SDAC, Chandigarh|
|Affiliated with||Shri Krishna Ayush University, Kurukshetra, Haryana|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System of Medicine -NCISM, New Delhi|
|Intake Capacity||(UG)- 100, (PG)- 24|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Chandigarh|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|PG Entrance Test||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Contact||Address: Sector 46-B, Chandigarh-160047|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with– Shri Krishna Ayush University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- Approved by – National Commission for Indian System of Medicine , New Delhi
- Aid Status– Private
- Herbal Garden
- Agad Tantra
- Dravyaguna Kaumarbhritya
- Kriya Sharir
- Prasuti Tantra
- Rachana Sharir
- Sanskrit Samhita Siddhhant
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Res. Meth. & Central Research Lab
Faculty And Staff
To provide education in the area of Ayurveda, the Faculty of Ayurveda in Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College & Hospital provides exceptional teaching facilities which help students to build the necessary skillets for their future. As faculties are accountable for maintaining and raising the caliber of medical education at Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College & Hospital The following applicable policies are followed by all campus faculty:
- The Faculty of colleges are well-trained and experienced Individuals with the utmost knowledge about the field of Ayurveda and are always ready to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- To teach the specific material the Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject. Also, the Faculty Increases emphasis on ongoing education to promote efficient utilization of existing resources
- The faculty of the college are always encouraged to take on new challenges giving them the insights they need improvement on the personal as well as the professional basis of students.
- Along with faculty members; the institute has a non-technical staff that provides the students with a healthy learning environment where they can grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
Courses offered And Intake Capacity
UG course and Intake Capacity
|BAMS||4 ½ years + 1-year compulsory internship||100|
PG course and Intake Capacity
|MD Samhita Siddhant||3 Years||06|
|MD DravyaGuna||3 Years||06|
|MD Rog Nidan||3 Years||06|
|MS PRASUTI-TANTRA & STRI ROG||3 Years||06|
We will let you know about BAMS Syllabus here this selection. Let’s have a look.
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant Avum Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
Here this selection will let you know about BAMS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
|Course Name||Graduation||Average Fees (Rs)|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and subject to change. For the exact amount kindly contact our admission counseling expert on the Admission helpline No. 9289495501.
Chandigarh Ayush Counselling Eligible Criteria
For UG Course
|Domicile||Applicants must be residents of Chandigarh.|
|Entrance Exam||Applicants must have passed the NEET Entrance Examination to be eligible.|
|Qualification||Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination from a recognized institution.|
|Mandatory Subjects||Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Minimum Percentage||General category applicants must have a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination.|
SC/ST category applicants must have a minimum of 40% in the qualifying examination.
PwD (Persons with Disability) applicants must have a minimum of 45% in the qualifying examination.
For PG Course
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Ayurvedic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
AIAPGET 2023 Cut-Off
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2019||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital Cut-Off 2023 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital|
Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital
- Address: Sector 46-B, Chandigarh-160047
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: https://www.sdach.ac.in/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better, NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates need to register themselves on the designated counseling portal within the specified timeframe.
- Provide personal and academic details, including the NEET score, during the registration process.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Shortlisted candidates must visit the designated document verification centers.
- Submit original documents, including educational certificates, NEET scorecard, domicile proof, identity proof, and other relevant documents, for verification.
Step 3: Merit List Publication
- After document verification, the counseling authority prepares and publishes a merit list based on the NEET scores and other eligibility criteria.
- The merit list is made available on the official website of the counseling authority.
Step 4: Choice Filling
- Eligible candidates can log in to the counseling portal and exercise their choice filling options.
- They can select their preferred Ayush courses and institutions from the available options.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit rank and choices filled by the candidates, the counseling authority conducts the seat allotment process.
- Seat allotment results are announced on the official website.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted Institution
- Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the respective institution within the specified timeframe.
- They need to complete the admission formalities, pay the prescribed fees, and submit the required documents.
Step 7: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, a second round of counseling may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who did not participate in the first round or wish to upgrade their allotted seat can participate in this round.
Step 8: Document Verification and Reporting
- Candidates allotted seats in subsequent rounds must undergo document verification and report to the respective institutions as per the specified schedule.
- Matriculation (10th),
- Senior Secondary (10+2),
- BAMS, Provisional/Permanent Registration of BAMS from the State Ayurveda Council,
- Character certificate issued by the last attended college/institute,
- Haryana Resident Domicile,
- NEET-2023 Score Card,
- Benchmark Disability,
- Proof of Identification,
- Caste Certificate, or any other relevant document/certificate as per notification,
For PG Candidate
- AIAPGET 2023 scorecard
- AIAPGET 2023 Admit Card
- AIA-PGET 2023 Mark Sheet Downloaded
- Mark sheet of BAMS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, i.e. BHMS Degree Certificate
- Permanent or provisional certificate provided by Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
These must be produced in original, along with two sets of self-attested photocopy, If the students have already deposited the original documents in another institute/college, he/she must produce the receipt of that institute/college regarding documents along with an undertaking to submit the original document within a time frame determined by the concerned allotted college.
- Candidates for PwD seats must present a relevant certificate of Benchmark disability issued by an institution listed in Annexure-VI of the notification.
- The candidate must submit an affidavit stating that he or she is not pursuing a UG (BAMS/BHMS) course in any institute in India.
Remember that – a) If any discrepancy/false statement in the candidate’s documents is discovered later at any stage, his/her admission will be canceled. b) If a dispute/issue arises, the decision of the relevant college admission committee shall be final.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the official website for Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital?
The official website for Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital is www.dhanwantrychd.org
To which University is Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital affiliated ?
Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital is affiliated with Shri Krishna AYUSH University, Kurukshetra (Haryana).
Is Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital a full-fledged government institution?
No, Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital is a Private Ayurved college.
Is it possible to edit/modify candidates’ choices after Choice locking ?
Once the choices are locked, it is impossible to edit/ modify the candidate’s choices even from the AACCC end. Hence, candidates are advised to verify all choices before locking.
What is the location of Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital?
The location of Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital is Sector 46-B, Chandigarh-160047.
When did Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital establish?
Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College and Hospital was founded in 1975.
How do I know about the availability of seats in participating colleges during the 1st round of AACCC- UG counseling?
AACCC, M/o Ayush will upload data of available seats during each round of counseling on the AACCC-UG Portal. Accordingly, candidates submit their choices.