Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College Moodubidire is one of Karnataka’s most prestigious Private Ayurvedic Colleges founded in 1996. The College is popularly known as the Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College, Moodabidri and it is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore, as well as being approved by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
The institution’s goal is to produce scholars with deep fundamental knowledge of Ayurveda, complemented by extensive practical training, in order to have a holistic approach by reviving and developing the prestigious ancient Traditional medicine.
The college is associated with a well-equipped Ayurvedic hospital that provides a wide range of treatments, therapies, and consultations. Under the guidance of experienced practitioners, students gain hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating patients, applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life scenarios. The hospital serves as a platform for students to develop clinical skills and gain exposure to various Ayurvedic practices.
|College Name||Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College Moodubidire|
|Popular Name||Alvas Medical College, Moodubidire|
|Location||Moodabidri , Karnataka|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Category||BAMS College in Karnataka|
|UG Entrance Test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|PG Entrance Test||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: Sundari Ananda Alva Campus, Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka, Pin – 574 227|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Approved by: National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status: Private
- Research Unit
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Transport facility
- Herbal garden
Faculty and Staff
- Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College in Moodubidire boasts an exceptional team of faculty and staff members who are passionate about providing a transformative educational experience and high-quality healthcare services.
- The faculty members at Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College are distinguished experts in their respective fields of Ayurveda. With their profound knowledge and extensive experience, they bring a wealth of expertise to the classroom. These dedicated educators are committed to inspiring and empowering students, delivering engaging lectures, conducting practical training sessions, and guiding them through hands-on experiences. They foster a stimulating learning environment that encourages critical thinking, deep exploration of Ayurvedic principles, and the acquisition of practical skills.
- Complementing the faculty, the staff members at Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College are the backbone of the institution. With their efficient administrative and operational support, they ensure the smooth functioning of the college. They maintain the infrastructure, facilitate seamless operations, and provide assistance to students and faculty alike. Their unwavering commitment and attention to detail contribute to creating an environment conducive to academic excellence and personal growth.
- The commitment of the faculty and staff members extends beyond the classroom. They actively participate in research endeavors, contribute to the advancement of Ayurvedic knowledge through publications and conferences, and engage in community outreach programs. Their dedication to research and community service further enriches the educational experience and reinforces the values of social responsibility and holistic well-being.
- Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is proud to have such a remarkable faculty and staff who inspire students, promote academic excellence, and contribute to the institution’s success. Through their unwavering dedication, they uphold the institution’s commitment to delivering exceptional education and healthcare services, ensuring that students receive a comprehensive and transformative Ayurvedic education.
Courses offered And Seat Intake
UG Course Details & Intake Capacity:
|BAMS||4.6 + 1 Year Internship||100|
PG Course Details & intake capacity:
|Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta||3 Years||5|
|Rachana Sharira||3 Years||5|
|Kriya Sharira||3 Years||5|
|Dravyaguna Vigyana||3 Years||4|
|Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana||3 Years||10|
|Swathavritta & Yoga||3 Years||4|
|Kaya chikitsa||3 Years||4|
|Manovigyana avum Manasa Roga||3 Years||5|
|Roganidana avum Vikriti Vigyana||3 Years||4|
|Agad Tantra avum Vidhi Vaidyaka||3 Years||5|
|Prasuti Tantra avum Stri Roga||3 Years||5|
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
Note: The above mentioned fee may vary from actual and subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidate can connect with the counselling expert at our Admission Helpline No. 9289495501
|Course||Tuition Fees Annually||Hostel Fee|
|BAMS||Rs. 2,50,000/-||Rs. 6,000|
|Course||Govt Quota||Private Quota|
|MD/MS||Rs. 1,00,500/-||Rs. 3,68,000/-|
For Undergraduate Courses
|Domicile||Karnataka domicile or eligibility as per KEA norms|
|Age Limit||Minimum age of 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year|
|Academic Qualification||Completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects|
|Minimum Marks||Minimum aggregate marks of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination|
|Entrance Examination||NEET Entrance Exam|
|Health Criteria||Medically fit as per the standards set by the respective authorities|
|Other Requirements||Any additional requirements specified by the conducting authority|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Ayurvedic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
AYUSH NEET Cut-Off
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine
NEET Ayush 2023 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
AIAPGET Cut-Off 2023
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2019||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College – Cut-off 2023
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Registration
- Step 1- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling (http://kea.kar.nic.in/).
- Step 2 – Register Online: Look for the registration link and click on it. Fill in your personal details like name, date of birth, and contact information.
- Step 3 – Upload Documents: Scan and upload the required documents such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificates. Make sure to follow the specified guidelines for file format and size.
- Step 4 – Pay Registration Fee: Make the payment of the registration fee through the available online payment options. The fee amount and payment details will be mentioned on the website.
- Step 5 – Review and Submit: Double-check all the information you have entered and uploaded documents for accuracy. Once you are satisfied, submit the registration form.
- Step 6- Confirmation: Receive an acknowledgment or confirmation of your registration. Save a copy of the acknowledgment or note down the registration details for future reference.
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Fee
|For SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates||Rs.500/-|
|for General/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|for NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Process
- Step 1- Online Registration: Visit the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling and register online by providing your personal details and contact information.
- Step 2 – Document Verification: Upload the required documents, such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificate, as per the guidelines provided. These documents will be verified for authenticity.
- Step 3 – Option Entry: Once the document verification is completed, you will be given access to an online portal to enter your preferred choices of courses and colleges. Carefully select your options based on your eligibility and preference.
- Step 4 – Seat Allotment: The counseling authority will release a provisional seat allotment list based on the preferences and merit of the candidates. You can check the allotment list online using your login credentials.
Seat Allotment Process
|First Round||1. Candidates enter options and details.|
2. Allotment begins with Special Category seats (Physically Disabled, NCC, Sports).
3. Special Category seats allocated by merit and preference.
4. General Merit category candidates considered in General Merit quota.
5. Reserved category candidates first considered in General Merit, then their respective categories.
6. Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates allocated seats (Only for Karnataka).
7. Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation considered.
8. Special Category candidates (Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF) allotted by merit and availability.
|First Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Multiple iterations in 1st Phase based on availability.
3. Allotment stops when all seats are allotted or last rank is reached.
|Second Round||1. Seats unfilled in 1st Phase converted and offered to reserved categories.|
2. Reserved category candidates considered; GM candidates not considered.
3. Consequential vacancies in same category; GM vacancies considered in 3rd Phase.
|Second Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Unfilled seats from 1st Phase also considered.
3. Multiple iterations; allotment stops as in 1st Phase.
|Third Round||1. Unfilled seats in reserved General categories converted to General Merit.|
2. Unfilled special category seats also considered.
3. Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats treated specially.
4. Order of seat allotment remains the same.
|Third Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Seats converted to General Merit offered to eligible candidates.
3. Multiple iterations; allotment stops as in 1st and 2nd Phases.
4. Consequential reserved category vacancies considered in same category.
- Step 5 – Confirmation of Seat: If you are allotted a seat, download your seat allotment letter and report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe. Complete the admission formalities, pay the required fees, and submit the necessary documents for verification.
- Step 6 – Sliding and Upgradation: After the initial seat allotment, you may have the opportunity to participate in the sliding or upgradation process. This allows you to upgrade your allotted seat based on the availability of seats in subsequent rounds of counseling, subject to the rules and guidelines specified by the counseling authority.
- Step 7 – Reporting to Allotted College: Once you have successfully confirmed your seat, report to the allotted college on the specified date and time. Complete the remaining admission procedures as per the college’s guidelines.
For Undergraduate Courses
- KEA – 2023 Registration form duly filled (printout) of online fee paid challan copy as proof for having paid the registration fees.
- NEET Admit/Score/Rank Card
- Two Passport Size color photographs
- Photo Identity Proof (PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card)
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NTA, New Delhi.
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks Card (For date of birth).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- All Candidates must also submit to the Karnataka Examinations Authority a UNDERTAKING on Rs. 20 e-Stamps Paper brought out in their name, as shown in Annexure II. Only by submitting this document will the Candidate’s Document Verification Process be declared complete, and he or she will be eligible for the allocation of a User ID and Secret Key.
- At the time of admission, all selected in-service candidates shall furnish a bond in the form no. 19 specified in KCSRs on stamp paper of value of Rs.100/- binding himself to pay a sum of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) as a penalty if he/she leaves the course before its completion and is also barred from appearing for three years.
- Domicile certificate
- Caste Income or Caste Certificate
For Postgraduate Courses
- AIAPGET 2023 scorecard
- AIAPGET 2023 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BAMS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BAMS Degree Certificate Permanent or provisional certificate provided by Ayush
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College|
Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College
- Address: Sundari Ananda Alva Campus, Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka, Pin – 574 227
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Official website: https://alvasayurveda.com/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission to Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge of the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
- NEET Counseling Experts: Our NEET Counselling Experts are here to provide you with invaluable guidance and support as you start your journey toward a successful medical career. From course selection to exam preparation strategies, our NEET Counselling Experts are committed to helping you achieve your goals with confidence.
- AYUSH counseling expert: Our Ayush Counselling Experts are well-versed in these disciplines and are here to provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your academic and career aspirations. Our team of experts is here to empower you with the knowledge and guidance necessary for a successful and fulfilling academic and professional journey.
What is the official website for Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College?
The official website for Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is https://alvasayurveda.com/
Which university is affiliated with Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College?
Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore.
Is Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College a full-fledged government institution?
Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is a Private Ayurved college.
What is the location of Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College?
The location of Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College is Sundari Ananda Alva Campus, Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka, Pin – 574 227.
When was Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College established?
Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College was founded in 1996.
How many BAMS seats are there in Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College?
A total of 100 seats are there for the BAMS course in this Institute.