TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga , established in 1991, is a distinguished institution dedicated to the study and practice of Ayurvedic medicine. The college is committed to providing high-quality education and training to aspiring Ayurvedic professionals. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and also has recognition from the National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Ayurveda. These programs are designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of Ayurvedic principles, diagnostics, treatments, and medicinal herbs. The curriculum emphasizes a balance between theoretical knowledge and practical training, ensuring that students develop the necessary skills and competencies to excel in the field.
The college places significant emphasis on practical training and clinical exposure. Students have the opportunity to engage in clinical rotations at affiliated hospitals and healthcare centers, where they can apply their knowledge under the guidance of experienced practitioners. This hands-on experience helps students develop their clinical skills and gain confidence in delivering Ayurvedic treatments.
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga is dedicated to producing competent Ayurvedic professionals who can contribute to the healthcare sector and promote the holistic well-being of individuals. The college’s commitment to excellence in education and practical training has earned it a reputable position in the field of Ayurveda.
|College Name||TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga|
|Popular Name||TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Hostel facility||Yes (Boys & Girls)|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Karnataka|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|Contact Details||Address: Nidige (P.O), Shimoga, Karnataka-577222|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Recognition: National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Status: Private
provides a range of modern facilities to support the educational and practical needs of its students. These facilities contribute to creating a conducive learning environment and enhancing the overall educational experience. Some of the notable facilities include:
Classrooms: The college has well-equipped classrooms with comfortable seating arrangements and modern audio-visual aids. These classrooms provide an ideal setting for lectures, discussions, and interactive learning sessions.
Laboratories: The college is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories where students can gain practical experience and hands-on training. These laboratories are designed to facilitate experiments, demonstrations, and research in various aspects of Ayurveda, such as pharmacy, pathology, and herbology.
Library: TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College has a spacious library that houses an extensive collection of books, journals, research papers, and reference materials related to Ayurveda. The library provides students with access to valuable resources for their academic and research needs. It is a conducive space for quiet study and research.
Medicinal Garden: The college maintains a herbal garden where various medicinal plants and herbs are grown. This garden serves as a practical learning resource, allowing students to study and understand the identification, cultivation, and uses of medicinal plants in Ayurvedic treatments.
Anatomy Museum: The college has an anatomy museum that displays anatomical models, charts, and specimens. It provides students with a visual understanding of the human body, its systems, and the application of Ayurvedic principles in diagnosis and treatment.
Herbal Medicine Preparation Unit: TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College has a dedicated unit for preparing Ayurvedic medicines. This facility enables students to learn the art of formulating and preparing different Ayurvedic medicines using traditional methods and techniques.
Auditorium and Seminar Halls: The college has well-equipped auditoriums and seminar halls that serve as venues for hosting conferences, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures. These spaces facilitate knowledge sharing, academic discussions, and interactive sessions with renowned experts in the field of Ayurveda.
Hostel Facilities: The college provides separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels offer a comfortable and safe living environment, enabling students to focus on their studies and engage in extracurricular activities.
Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria that serves nutritious and hygienic food to cater to the dietary needs of students and staff. It is a space where students can socialize and relax during breaks.
- Department of Anatomy Museum
- Department of Aganda Tantra
- Department of Pathology – Museum
- Department of Yoga
Faculty and Staff
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga, is nurtured by a team of dedicated faculty and skilled staff members who collectively contribute to the institution’s educational excellence and holistic growth.
- Esteemed Ayurvedic Scholars: The college’s faculty comprises esteemed Ayurvedic scholars who possess deep insights into ancient texts and practices, enriching the academic journey.
- Practicing Ayurvedic Practitioners: A group of faculty members actively engaged in Ayurvedic practice bring practical experiences to the classroom, bridging theory and application.
- Medical Experts: The faculty includes medical experts specialized in Ayurveda, providing students with comprehensive insights into diagnostics and treatments.
- Holistic Health Enthusiasts: Certain faculty members focus on
- holistic health education, ensuring students develop a well-rounded perspective on wellness.
- Administrative Wizards: The administrative staff skillfully manage daily college operations, ensuring seamless coordination and unwavering support to students and faculty.
- Supportive Caregivers: The compassionate support staff fosters a warm and welcoming atmosphere, tending to students’ needs and maintaining overall campus well-being.
- Library Aficionados: College librarians expertly assist students in accessing an extensive array of Ayurvedic literature and research materials, enhancing their academic pursuits.
- Technical Maestros: The technical support team ensures that the college’s modern facilities, laboratories, and multimedia equipment function optimally.
- Hospital Guides: The operational Ayurvedic hospital is backed by adept staff members who guide students through clinical practices and patient care.
- Cafeteria and Facilities Managers: The dedicated team overseeing the cafeteria and facilities ensures students relish healthy meals in an environment conducive to growth.
- Career Navigators: Staff members specializing in career services offer invaluable guidance on internships, placements, and avenues for career development.
- Logistics and Transportation Crew: The transportation team ensures secure and convenient travel options for both students and staff.
Courses offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|BAMS||4 1/2 years + 1 years internship||60|
This section will inform you about the Govt. Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore BAMS Syllabus,
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
Here this selection will let you know about BAMS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Sr.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
|BAMS||Will Be Notified Soon|
For Undergraduate Courses
|Domicile||Karnataka domicile or eligibility as per KEA norms|
|Age Limit||Minimum age of 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year|
|Academic Qualification||Completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects|
|Minimum Marks||Minimum aggregate marks of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination|
|Entrance Examination||Qualified in the relevant entrance examination (e.g., NEET)|
|Health Criteria||Medically fit as per the standards set by the respective authorities|
|Other Requirements||Any additional requirements specified by the conducting authority|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET Ayush 2022-23 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga Cut-Off 2023 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga|
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Shimoga
- Address: Nidige (P.O), Shimoga, Karnataka-577222
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
- NEET Counseling Experts: Our NEET Counselling Experts are here to provide you with invaluable guidance and support as you start your journey toward a successful medical career. From course selection to exam preparation strategies, our NEET Counselling Experts are committed to helping you achieve your goals with confidence.
- AYUSH counseling expert: Our Ayush Counselling Experts are well-versed in these disciplines and are here to provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your academic and career aspirations. Our team of experts is here to empower you with the knowledge and guidance necessary for a successful and fulfilling academic and professional journey.
Karnataka Ayush Counselling Process
Step 1- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling.
Step 2 – Register Online: Look for the registration link and click on it. Fill in your personal details like name, date of birth, and contact information.
Step 3 – Upload Documents: Scan and upload the required documents such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificate. Make sure to follow the specified guidelines for file format and size.
Step 4 – Pay Registration Fee: Make the payment of the registration fee through the available online payment options. The fee amount and payment details will be mentioned on the website.
Step 5 – Review and Submit: Double-check all the information you have entered and uploaded documents for accuracy. Once you are satisfied, submit the registration form.
Step 6- Confirmation: Receive an acknowledgment or confirmation of your registration. Save a copy of the acknowledgment or note down the registration details for future reference.
Karnataka Ayush Counselling Fee
|For SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates||Rs.500/-|
|for General/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|for NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
Step 1- Online Registration: Visit the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling and register online by providing your personal details and contact information.
Step 2 – Document Verification: Upload the required documents, such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificate, as per the guidelines provided. These documents will be verified for authenticity.
Step 3 – Option Entry: Once the document verification is completed, you will be given access to an online portal to enter your preferred choices of courses and colleges. Carefully select your options based on your eligibility and preference.
Step 4 – Seat Allotment: The counseling authority will release a provisional seat allotment list based on the preferences and merit of the candidates. You can check the allotment list online using your login credentials.
Step 5 – Confirmation of Seat: If you are allotted a seat, download your seat allotment letter and report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe. Complete the admission formalities, pay the required fees, and submit the necessary documents for verification.
Step 6 – Sliding and Upgradation: After the initial seat allotment, you may have the opportunity to participate in the sliding or upgradation process. This allows you to upgrade your allotted seat based on the availability of seats in subsequent rounds of counseling, subject to the rules and guidelines specified by the counseling authority.
Step 7 – Reporting to Allotted College: Once you have successfully confirmed your seat, report to the allotted college on the specified date and time. Complete the remaining admission procedures as per the college’s guidelines.
At the time of document verification, all candidates must present the following original certificates along with one set of attested/self-attested copies of all required documents. The candidates’ original certificates will be verified and returned to them.
- KEA – 2022 Registration form duly filled (print out) of online fee paid challan copy as proof for having paid the registration fees.
- NEET Admit/Score/Rank Card
- Two Passport Size color photographs
- Photo Identity Proof (PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card)
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NTA, New Delhi.
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks Card (For date of birth).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- All Candidates must also submit to the Karnataka Examinations Authority a UNDERTAKING on Rs. 20 e-Stamps Paper brought out in their name, as shown in Annexure II. Only by submitting this document will the Candidate’s Document Verification Process be declared complete, and he or she will be eligible for the allocation of User ID and Secret Key.
- At the time of admission, all selected in-service candidates shall furnish a bond in the form no. 19 specified in KCSRs on stamp paper of value of Rs.100/- binding himself to pay a sum of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) as penalty if he/she leaves the course before its completion and is also barred from appearing for three years.
- Domicile certificate
- Caste/ Caste Income Certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are offered at TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College?
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Ayurveda, including Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
What is the admission process for the courses at TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College?
The admission process typically involves meeting the eligibility criteria, which may include educational qualifications and entrance exam scores. Interested candidates can obtain detailed information about the admission process from the college’s official website or contact the admissions department directly.
What is the duration of the BAMS program at TMAE Society's Ayurvedic Medical College?
The Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) program at TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College is usually of five and a half years duration, including a one-year internship.
Does TMAE Society's Ayurvedic Medical College provide practical training?
Yes, TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College emphasizes practical training. The college provides opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations, practical sessions, and internships at affiliated hospitals or healthcare centers
What facilities are available for students at TMAE Society's Ayurvedic Medical College?
TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College provides various facilities such as well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, a library with a collection of books and research materials, a medicinal garden, anatomy museum, herbal medicine preparation unit, and hostel facilities for students.
Are there research opportunities for students at TMAE Society's Ayurvedic Medical College?
Yes, TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College encourages research activities. Students have opportunities to engage in research projects and contribute to the advancement of Ayurvedic medicine under the guidance of the faculty.
What career options are available for graduates of TMAE Society's Ayurvedic Medical College?
- Graduates from TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College can pursue careers as Ayurvedic doctors, researchers, educators, consultants, or work in government or private hospitals, wellness centers, research institutions, or establish their own Ayurvedic clinics.
- Is TMAE Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College affiliated with any university or regulatory