Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research Jammu was established in 1999 and had been providing excellent healthcare and education to the local population and students from Jammu and Kashmir for more than two decades. The college has taken an outstanding effort to raise awareness about Ayurveda in the community. The college is affiliated with the University of Jammu and is recognized by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM and the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
The institution is located in a stunning setting with all of the modern amenities, including a library, reading room, laboratory, dormitories for both boys and girls, a herb garden, a dissection room, a museum, a hostel, a canteen, and more, covering an area of one lac square feet.
College accepts students from many regions of the nation, and to accommodate them, it maintains two dorms for girls and boys that provide lodging in double and single rooms at affordable rates. The hostel residents themselves are in charge of running the dining services. First-come, first-served admission is applied to female students.
|Name||Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu|
|Popular Name.||Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu|
|Area||KOT BHALWAL ROAD, Nardini Bajwan, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir 181123|
|Affiliated with||The University of Jammu|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM|
|Course||BAMS (UG), MD/MS (PG)|
|Intake Capacity||60- BAMS (UG), 15- MD/MS (PG)|
|UG Entrance Exam||NEET Exam by NTA|
|PG Entrance Exam||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by NTA|
|Category||Ayurved Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir|
|Contact||ADDRESS: KOT BHALWAL ROAD, Nardani Bajwan, Jammu, Jammu, and Kashmir 181123|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with:– The University of Jammu
- Approved by:– National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM
- Aid Status:- Private
- Pathology Lab
- herbal garden
- Physiology Lab
Faculty and Staff
Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu offers teaching facilities for imparting education in the field of Ayurveda. As faculties are accountable for maintaining and raising the caliber of medical education the Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu. The following policies, which are applicable, are followed by all campus faculty:
- The Faculty of colleges are well-trained and experienced Individuals with the utmost knowledge about the field of Ayurveda and are always ready to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- In order to teach the specific material the Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject. Also, the Faculty Increases emphasis on ongoing education to promote efficient utilization of existing resources
- The faculty of the college are always encouraged to take on new challenges giving them the insights they need to improve on the personal as well as the professional basis of students.
- Along with faculty members; the institute has a non-technical staff that provides the students with a healthy learning environment where they can grow into a professional candidates for their future endeavors.
Courses offered And Intake Capacity
UG Courses And Intake Capacity
|BAMS||4 ½ years + 1-year internship||60|
PG Courses And Intake Capacity
|MS Ayurveda- shalya Tantra||3 Years||5|
|MD Ayurveda- Kayachikitsa||3 Years||5|
|MD Ayurveda- Sharir Kriya||3 Years||5|
This option will inform you about the syllabus of BAMS course.
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant Avum Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
|Sr. No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti evam Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
For UG Course:
|Courses||Government Quota||Management Quota|
|BAMS||Rs. 1,13,500/ Per Year||Rs. 1,13,500/- Per Year|
For PG course
|Courses||Government Quota||Management Quota|
|MD/MS||Rs. 1,72,500/- Per Year||Rs. 2,34,000/- Per Year|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees. To know the exact amount kindly contact our admission counseling expert on the Admission helpline No. 9289495501.
For UG Course
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens or fulfill the specified residency criteria.|
|Educational Qualifications||Applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects with a minimum of 50% marks, with 40% marks essential for SC/ST applicants and 45 % needed for PwD candidates.|
|Age Limit||There may be an age limit specified for candidates applying for Ayush courses. The age criteria can vary depending on the category of candidates.|
|Entrance Exam||Candidates may need to appear for a relevant entrance exam, such as NEET or a state-level Ayush entrance exam, and the eligibility may be based on scores.|
|Domicile Requirements||Candidates may need to provide proof of domicile or residency in Jammu and Kashmir or fulfill the specified requirements.|
|Other Requirements||Additional requirements may include medical fitness certificates, character certificates, and other documents specified by the counseling authority.|
For PG Course
|Qualification||Have completed a B.A.M.S. course from a Ayurvedic College accredited by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Entrance Exam||AIAPGET by NTA|
|Internship||Compulsory Rotating Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH UG Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
AIAPGET 2023 PG Cut-Off
|Category||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023||AIAPGET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/General||351-121||To be announced|
|UR-PwD||120-111||To be announced|
|OBC||120-101||To be announced|
|OBC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|SC||120-101||To be announced|
|SC-PwD||110-101||To be announced|
|ST||120-101||To be announced|
|ST-PwD||–||To be announced|
Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research Cut-Off 2023 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu.|
Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu
- Address: KOT BHALWAL ROAD, Nardani Bajwan, Jammu, Jammu, and Kashmir 181123
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.jiarjammu.in/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Jammu and Kashmir Ayush Counselling Process
- Candidates need to register themselves through the designated online portal within the specified period.
- Candidates must visit the designated verification center with their original documents and photocopies for verification.
- Required documents include educational certificates, entrance exam scorecards (if applicable), domicile proof, identity proof, and other relevant documents.
Merit List Publication:
- The counseling authority prepares and publishes a merit list based on educational qualifications, entrance exam scores (if applicable), and reservation criteria.
- Eligible candidates can log in to the counseling portal and select their preferred Ayush courses and institutions from the available options.
- The counseling authority allocates seats based on the choices filled by the candidates and their merit rank.
- The seat allotment result is published on the official website.
Reporting to Allotted Institution:
- Candidates who are allocated seats must report to the respective institution within the specified time period.
- They need to complete the admission formalities, pay the requisite fees, and submit the necessary documents to secure their admission.
Second Round of Counselling (if applicable):
- If there are vacant seats after the first round, a second round of counseling may be conducted.
- Eligible candidates who did not participate in the first round or wish to upgrade their allotted seat can participate in this round.
Documents required at the time of admission for the BAMS course.
- 10 +2 marks Sheet (Original + 3 Photo Copies)
- Matric Diploma(DOB) (Original + 3 Photo Copies)
- Inst. last attended/Provisional Certificate (Original +1 Photo Copy)
- Character Certificate (Original + 1 Photo Copy)
- Eligibility Certificate (Original + 3 Photo Copies)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Original + 1 Photo Copy)
- Affidavit of Gap Period (Original + 1 Photo Copy)
- Passport Size Photo (10)
- Migration Certificate (In case the student has passed BA- 1, II, III from any other University)
- Original Certificate of the examination passed if the candidate has passed any other examination after 10 +2
- Admit Card/Score Card of NEET
- Affidavit on the judicial stamp of Rs. 10/- (Attested by Magistrate)
- Copy of State Subject & Aadhar Card (Photocopy)
- Category certificate (2 copies)
- Residential Address Proof: Copy of Ration card/Bank passbook, Electricity bill./aadhar card (Photocopy)
Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the Location of Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu located?
KOT BHALWAL ROAD, Nardani Bajwan, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir 181123 Is the Location of Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu.
When was the Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu established?
Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu was established in 1999.
Does Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu have Herbal Garden?
Yes, the Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu Has an herbal Garden.
Which University is affiliated with Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu?
Jammu Institute of Ayurved & Research, Jammu is affiliated with the University Of Jammu.
Is it necessary to join the allotted ASU&H College to get a chance to participate in the 2nd Round?
If the candidate is not interested in the 1st Round allotted seat, he/she can avail of free exit without reporting/joining the allotted college. However, if he/she wants to hold the allotted seat in the 1st Round, he/she should join the allotted College physically and submit up-gradation willingness for the 2nd Round at the time of admission.
How do I know about the availability of seats in participating colleges during the 1st round of AACCC- UG counseling?
AACCC, M/o Ayush will upload data of available seats during each round of counseling on the AACCC-UG Portal. Accordingly, candidates submit their choices.