Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research Bangalore (IIAMR) is the first venture of the Sri Krishnarajendra Charitable Trust (SKRCT), which was established in 1989 as a non-profit organization with the primary goal of revitalizing Ayurvedic Education and supporting research and development in Ayurvedic Medicine. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and also has recognition from the National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine (NCISM)
Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research was founded to provide students with the best Ayurvedic care possible, and the college offers Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery programs (BAMS). The college is now known as one of the Best Ayurvedic Medical Colleges in Bangalore.
|College Name||Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research Bangalore|
|Popular Name||Indian Ayurvedic Institute Bangalore, IIAMR Bangalore|
|Location||Jaya Mahal Road, Bangalore|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM|
|Genders Accepted||Co-Ed (Male & Female)|
|Category||BAMS College in Karnataka|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|Contact Details||Address: Bangalore Palace Compound, Jayamahal Road, Opp. Darga Bangalore-560006, Karnataka State, India.|
Email: Iiamr@Yahoo.Com / Skrct@Yahoo.Com
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Approved by: National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status: Private
- College Library
- Hostel Facility
- Transportation Facility
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Agad Tantra
- Dravyaguna Kaumarbhritya
- Kriya Sharir
- Prasuti Tantra
- Rachana Sharir
- Sanskrit Samhita Siddhhant
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Res. Meth. & Central Research Lab
Faculty and staff
The Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research in Bangalore is supported by a team of dedicated faculty and staff members who play a vital role in the institution’s academic and administrative functions. They contribute to providing quality education, research opportunities, and a conducive learning environment for students pursuing Ayurvedic studies. While the specific faculty and staff members may vary, typical positions found at the institute include:
- Principal: The principal serves as the head of the institution and oversees the overall administration and academic activities of the institute.
- Professors: Professors are senior faculty members who possess extensive knowledge and expertise in their respective fields. They teach advanced subjects, guide students in research, and contribute to the development of academic programs.
- Associate Professors: Associate professors support the professors in teaching, research, and administrative responsibilities. They often specialize in specific areas of Ayurveda and provide guidance to students.
- Assistant Professors: Assistant professors are junior faculty members who assist senior faculty in teaching, research, and other academic activities. They may also participate in conducting seminars, workshops, and practical training sessions.
- Lecturers: Lecturers deliver lectures and facilitate interactive sessions on various Ayurvedic topics. They provide valuable insights and knowledge to the students.
- Clinical Instructors: Clinical instructors are responsible for guiding students during their clinical training and practical sessions. They supervise students’ interactions with patients and ensure the proper application of Ayurvedic principles.
- Research Scholars: Research scholars are individuals engaged in advanced research in specific areas of Ayurveda. They work under the guidance of faculty members and contribute to ongoing research projects at the institute.
- Administrative Staff: The administrative staff members handle various administrative tasks, including admissions, records maintenance, finance, human resources, and general office management.
- Supporting Staff: Supporting staff members assist in the day-to-day operations of the institute. They may include laboratory technicians, library staff, maintenance personnel, and other roles that contribute to the smooth functioning of the institution.
Courses Offered & Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|BAMS||4.6 + 1 Year Internship||60|
BAMS Syllabus for Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research, let’s have a look at the table
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
Here this selection will let you know about BAMS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Sr. No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
|BAMS||Will Notify Soon|
For Undergraduate Courses
|Domicile||Karnataka domicile or eligibility as per KEA norms|
|Age Limit||Minimum age of 17 years as of 31st December of the admission year|
|Academic Qualification||Completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects|
|Minimum Marks||Minimum aggregate marks of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination|
|Entrance Examination||NEET Entrance Exam|
|Health Criteria||Medically fit as per the standards set by the respective authorities|
|Other Requirements||Any additional requirements specified by the conducting authority|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET Ayush 2023 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research – Cut-Off 2023
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Registration
- Step 1- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling (http://kea.kar.nic.in/).
- Step 2 – Register Online: Look for the registration link and click on it. Fill in your personal details like name, date of birth, and contact information.
- Step 3 – Upload Documents: Scan and upload the required documents such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificates. Make sure to follow the specified guidelines for file format and size.
- Step 4 – Pay Registration Fee: Make the payment of the registration fee through the available online payment options. The fee amount and payment details will be mentioned on the website.
- Step 5 – Review and Submit: Double-check all the information you have entered and uploaded documents for accuracy. Once you are satisfied, submit the registration form.
- Step 6- Confirmation: Receive an acknowledgment or confirmation of your registration. Save a copy of the acknowledgment or note down the registration details for future reference.
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Fee
|For SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates||Rs.500/-|
|for General/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|for NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
Karnataka AYUSH Counselling Process
- Step 1- Online Registration: Visit the official website designated for Karnataka Ayush Counselling and register online by providing your personal details and contact information.
- Step 2 – Document Verification: Upload the required documents, such as educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, and domicile certificate, as per the guidelines provided. These documents will be verified for authenticity.
- Step 3 – Option Entry: Once the document verification is completed, you will be given access to an online portal to enter your preferred choices of courses and colleges. Carefully select your options based on your eligibility and preference.
- Step 4 – Seat Allotment: The counseling authority will release a provisional seat allotment list based on the preferences and merit of the candidates. You can check the allotment list online using your login credentials.
Seat Allotment Process
|First Round||1. Candidates enter options and details.|
2. Allotment begins with Special Category seats (Physically Disabled, NCC, Sports).
3. Special Category seats allocated by merit and preference.
4. General Merit category candidates considered in General Merit quota.
5. Reserved category candidates first considered in General Merit, then their respective categories.
6. Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates allocated seats (Only for Karnataka).
7. Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation considered.
8. Special Category candidates (Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF) allotted by merit and availability.
|First Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Multiple iterations in 1st Phase based on availability.
3. Allotment stops when all seats are allotted or last rank is reached.
|Second Round||1. Seats unfilled in 1st Phase converted and offered to reserved categories.|
2. Reserved category candidates considered; GM candidates not considered.
3. Consequential vacancies in same category; GM vacancies considered in 3rd Phase.
|Second Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Unfilled seats from 1st Phase also considered.
3. Multiple iterations; allotment stops as in 1st Phase.
|Third Round||1. Unfilled seats in reserved General categories converted to General Merit.|
2. Unfilled special category seats also considered.
3. Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats treated specially.
4. Order of seat allotment remains the same.
|Third Phase of Allotment||1. Seats allocated in order: Disability, NCC, Sports.|
2. Seats converted to General Merit offered to eligible candidates.
3. Multiple iterations; allotment stops as in 1st and 2nd Phases.
4. Consequential reserved category vacancies considered in same category.
- Step 5 – Confirmation of Seat: If you are allotted a seat, download your seat allotment letter and report to the allotted college within the specified timeframe. Complete the admission formalities, pay the required fees, and submit the necessary documents for verification.
- Step 6 – Sliding and Upgradation: After the initial seat allotment, you may have the opportunity to participate in the sliding or upgradation process. This allows you to upgrade your allotted seat based on the availability of seats in subsequent rounds of counseling, subject to the rules and guidelines specified by the counseling authority.
- Step 7 – Reporting to Allotted College: Once you have successfully confirmed your seat, report to the allotted college on the specified date and time. Complete the remaining admission procedures as per the college’s guidelines.
For Undergraduate Courses
- KEA – 2023 Registration form duly filled (printout) of online fee paid challan copy as proof for having paid the registration fees.
- NEET Admit/Score/Rank Card
- Two Passport Size color photographs
- Photo Identity Proof (PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card)
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NTA, New Delhi.
- SSLC or 10th Standard Marks Card (For date of birth).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- All Candidates must also submit to the Karnataka Examinations Authority a UNDERTAKING on Rs. 20 e-Stamps Paper brought out in their name, as shown in Annexure II. Only by submitting this document will the Candidate’s Document Verification Process be declared complete, and he or she will be eligible for the allocation of a User ID and Secret Key.
- At the time of admission, all selected in-service candidates shall furnish a bond in the form no. 19 specified in KCSRs on stamp paper of value of Rs.100/- binding himself to pay a sum of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) as a penalty if he/she leaves the course before its completion and is also barred from appearing for three years.
- Domicile certificate
- Caste Income or Caste Certificate
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research|
Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research
- Address: Dhanvantari Road, Bangalore, Opp to Majestic Bus Stand, Near Anand Rao Circle, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560009.
- Email: Skrct@Yahoo.Com
- Admission Helpline No.: 9289495501
- Official website: https://www.iiamr.org/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge of the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
- NEET Counseling Experts: Our NEET Counselling Experts are here to provide you with invaluable guidance and support as you start your journey toward a successful medical career. From course selection to exam preparation strategies, our NEET Counselling Experts are committed to helping you achieve your goals with confidence.
- AYUSH counseling expert: Our Ayush Counselling Experts are well-versed in these disciplines and are here to provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your academic and career aspirations. Our team of experts is here to empower you with the knowledge and guidance necessary for a successful and fulfilling academic and professional journey.
What is the official website for Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research?
The official website for Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research is https://www.iiamr.org/
Which university is affiliated with Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research?
Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Is Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research a full-fledged government institution?
No, Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research is a Private Ayurved college.
What is the location of Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research?
The location of Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research is Bangalore Palace Compound, Jayamahal Road, Opp. Darga Bangalore-560006, Karnataka State, India.
When did Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research established?
Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research was founded in 1989.
How many BAMS seats are there in Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine?
A total of 60 seats are there for the BAMS course in this Institute
Does Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research has hostel facility?
Yes, Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research has hostel facilities.