Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine Srinagar (RRIUM) established in 1978, is a constituent of National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, The College is affiliated with the University of Kashmir . This institute has emerged as the leading Unani medical research institute in the state of Jammu and Kashmir over the last few decades. The campus includes a building that houses the Clinical Department (including Opd, IPD, Laboratories, and Pharmacy), the SMPU (Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit), the Drug Standardization Research Unit (DSRU), the Administrative Block, the PG Department, and a canteen. There is also a Herbal Garden on the campus.
The Institute is well-known in the state for successfully treating three chronic diseases: Zeequn Nafas (bronchial asthma), Waja-ul-Mufasil (rheumatoid arthritis), and Bars (vitiligo). Clinical research on these diseases at this Institute and other facilities has assisted the Council in obtaining provisional patents on three Unani drugs. Researchers from the Council’s RRIUM in Srinagar have collected a large number of medicinal plants used in Unani Medicine from various forest areas in Jammu and Kashmir. They have also had success in the experimental cultivation of a number of important Unani medicinal plants.
|College Name||Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine Srinagar|
|Popular Name||Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine|
|Affiliated with||University of Kashmir|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM|
|College Official site||http://rrium.uok.edu.in/|
|Category||Unani Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir|
|PG Entrance Test||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET)|
|Contact Details||Address: Srinagar, Kashmir|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- University of Kashmir
- Approved by:- National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM
- Aid Status:- Private
- Herbal Garden
- Animal House
- Quality Control Lab
- Class Rooms
- Drug Museum
- Clinical Material
Faculty and Staff
This college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific evidence available.
- Reduce incorrect variation in value-based methods.
- Provide more rational and practical behavior in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasingly focusing on continuing education
- to encourage the effective use of available resources
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the shortcomings of existing literature and to make recommendations for future research.
Courses offered and Intake Capacity
|Professional Year I||Professional Year II|
|Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa (Logic Philosophy and Astronomy)||Tareekh-e-tib (History of Medicine)|
|Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya (Basic Principles of Unani Medicine)||Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (Preventive and Community Medicine)|
|Tashreeh Ul Badan (Anatomy)||Ilmul Advia|
|Munafeul Aaza (Physiology)||Mahiyatul Amraz (Pathology)|
|Professional Year III||Professional Year IV|
|Communication skills||Moalajat – I (General Medicine)|
|Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat (Unani Pharmacy)||Moalajat – II|
|Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom (Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology)||Amraze Niswan (Gynaecology)|
|Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj (Bedside clinic and principles of management)||Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumalood (Obstetrics and Neonatology)|
|Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regional Therapy)||Ilmul Jarahat (Surgery)|
|Amraz-e-Atfal (Paediatrics)||Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan (Ophthalmology and Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat)|
|Moalajat||Will Notify Soon|
|Ilmul-Advia||Will Notify Soon|
NOTE: Please contact our admission helpline at 9289495501 for further information on the BAMS course’s fee structure
AIAGPET 2022 Qualifying cutoff
The AIAPGET 2022 Cutoff for all the categories is provided below:
|Category||AIAPGET qualifying Cutoff 2022|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine|
Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine
- Address: Srinagar, Kashmir
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: http://rrium.uok.edu.in/
AIAPGET Counseling Experts
To know better AIAPGET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over a year of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
|Entrance Exam:||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Examination, AIAPGET|
|Qualification||At least 50% of marks should be scored separately in Theory and Practical of preliminary examination for each subject to be declared as pass in that subject, provided both Theory & Practical should be passed together.If a student fails to pass the preliminary examination he/she should pass them before appearing in the main examination.The PG degree will be honored after accepting the dissertation and passing all subjects of the final examination.|
- Step 1: Registration: Create an account with personal details and credentials on the official website.
- Step 2: Document Upload: Log in and upload required documents as per instructions.
- Step 3: Fee Payment: Pay the registration fee using provided payment options.
- Step 4: Choice Filling: Prioritize your preferred courses and colleges, then lock your choices.
- Step 5: Seat Allotment: Receive your college and course allotment based on merit and choices.
- Step 6: Reporting: Visit the allotted college within the given time frame with documents and fees.
- Step 7: Waiting List/Upgradation: Check the website for waiting list or upgradation updates, if applicable.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official counseling website for Jammu and Kashmir AYUSH PG admissions.
- Look for the registration link and click on it.
- Provide your personal details such as name, contact information, and relevant academic information.
- Create a unique registration ID and password.
Step 2: Application Form Filling
- Log in using your registration ID and password.
- Fill out the application form with accurate details, including your educational qualifications, preferences for courses and colleges, and other required information.
- Upload scanned copies of necessary documents such as academic certificates, identity proof, and category certificates (if applicable).
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
- Based on the available PG courses and colleges, list your preferred choices in the order of priority.
- Review and arrange your choices as per your preference.
- Ensure your choices are accurate and in the desired order.
- Lock your choices before the specified deadline. Once locked, changes might not be allowed.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority will conduct seat allotment rounds based on your choices, merit rank, and availability of seats.
- You will be allocated a seat in a specific college and PG course according to your merit and preferences.
- You will receive an allotment letter indicating your allotted college and course.
Step 5: Reporting to Allotted College
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, visit the allotted college within the stipulated time period.
- Carry the necessary documents for verification, including original certificates and their photocopies.
- Complete the admission process according to the college’s guidelines.
Step 6: Upgradation (If Applicable)
- If you’re not content with the allotted seat, you might have the option to participate in subsequent counseling rounds for seat upgradation.
- You can revise your choices or retain the existing ones.
Step 7: Document Verification and Admission
- Once you report to the allotted college, they will verify your documents.
- Pay the admission fees and complete any additional formalities required by the college
- One latest coloured photographs with white background, one to be fixed in the Application Form
- Score Card of AIAPGET;
- Date of Birth (Matriculation Certificate/Secondary School Certificate) from the Board of School Education;
- Domicile Certificate of the candidate or undertaking by the candidate that he/she will produce the same at the time of admission to respective College;
- Marks Sheets of all BAMS Examinations;
- Documentary Proof of having completed a one-year pre-registration Compulsory Rotatory Internship in a duly recognized institution at the time of submission of documents;
- Registration Certificate from J&K Medical Council/CCIM and
- Valid Identity Card (Passport, Aadhar, Pan Card, Driving License etc.)
What is the official website of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine?
The official website of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine is http://rrium.uok.edu.in/
Which university is affiliated with Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine?
Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine is affiliated with University of Kashmir.
Is Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine a full-fledged government institution?
Yes, Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine is a private college.
What is the location of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine?
The location of Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine is Srinagar, Kashmir.
How do I know about the availability of seats in participating colleges during the 1st round of AACCC- UG counseling?
AACCC, M/o Ayush will upload data of available seats during each round of counseling on the AACCC-UG Portal. Accordingly, candidates submit their choices.
When did Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine establish?
Regional Research Institute of Unani Medicine was founded in 1985.