Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital Kancheepuram is a well-known Private Ayurvedic College in the state of Tamil Nadu.The college was established in 1997 and is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University in Chennai and is recognized by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM. This college was established to fortify the nation’s weakest link, the rural population. Ayurved Dharma College Kanchipuram began providing the best ayurvedic care to students. The College has become synonymous with one of KancheepuramBest Ayurvedic Medical Colleges.
This college was founded to provide students with the best Ayurvedic care possible, and it offers BAMS courses ( Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery). The College has earned a reputation as one of the best homoeopathic colleges in Tamil Nadu.
|College Name||Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital|
|Popular Name||Dharma Ayurveda College Kancheepuram|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM|
|Category||BAMS College in Tamilnadu|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur,Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India|
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with – The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by – National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status – Private
- Herbal Garden
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Dharma Ayurveda Medical College in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, are instrumental in shaping the educational experience and providing a supportive environment for students. They bring their expertise, knowledge, and dedication to the field of Ayurveda, ensuring that students receive quality education and practical training.
- Professors: The college has a team of experienced and qualified professors who possess advanced degrees in Ayurvedic medicine. They have in-depth knowledge of various Ayurvedic specialties such as Kayachikitsa (internal medicine), Panchakarma, Shalya Tantra (surgery), Shalakya Tantra (ENT and ophthalmology), and more. Professors play a crucial role in delivering lectures, conducting practical demonstrations, and guiding students in their academic and research endeavors.
- Associate Professors and Assistant Professors: The associate professors and assistant professors at Dharma Ayurveda Medical College are skilled professionals who assist in teaching and training students. They have expertise in specific branches of Ayurveda and contribute to curriculum development, student mentoring, and research activities. These faculty members bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom, providing guidance and support to students.
- Clinical Instructors: The college employs clinical instructors who work closely with students during their clinical training. These instructors are experienced Ayurvedic physicians who oversee patient consultations and treatments. They provide practical training, supervise students in diagnosing diseases, and prescribe appropriate Ayurvedic therapies. Clinical instructors ensure that students gain hands-on experience in applying Ayurvedic principles to patient care.
- Research Scholars: Dharma Ayurveda Medical College encourages research in the field of Ayurveda, and research scholars contribute to the institution’s academic endeavors. These scholars are involved in advanced research projects and work closely with faculty members. Their research findings contribute to the growth of Ayurvedic knowledge and help bridge the gap between traditional wisdom and contemporary scientific understanding.
- Administrative Staff: The college has dedicated administrative staff members who handle various administrative tasks. They manage admissions, student services, coordination with regulatory bodies, record-keeping, and other administrative responsibilities. The administrative staff ensures the smooth functioning of the college and provides support to faculty, students, and visitors.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
|BAMS||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship||40|
This selection will inform you about Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital Syllabus. Let us take a look.
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant Avum Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
Eligibility Criteria For UG courses
|Domicile||Candidates must be a resident of Tamil Nadu|
|Age Limit||Minimum age of 17 years as of December 31, 2023|
|Education Qualification||Completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany, and Zoology as compulsory subjects Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in the qualifying exam (40% for reserved category candidates). Must have studied Tamil as a subject in 10th standard or equivalent|
|Entrance Exam||Must have qualified in NEET (UG) 2023 and Scored the minimum qualifying percentile in NEET (UG) as specified by the competent authority Valid NEET (UG) scorecard|
|Category Reservation||Reservation policies as per the Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines|
AYUSH NEET Cut Off
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
AYUSH UG NEET Qualifying Percentile and Scores
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Tamil Nadu AYUSH Counseling Registration
Step 1: Visit Official Website:
- Visit the official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in to download the application form for admission to AYUSH courses.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Fill the application form legibly, neatly, and correctly. Make sure to avoid any mistakes, as they could affect your selection.
Step 3: Prepare Required Documents
- Gather all the required documents and make self-attested photocopies. Original certificates are not needed at this stage.
Step 4: Send Application Form
- Send the filled application form along with the self-attested photocopies of required documents via Registered Post / Courier Service / Speed Post to the address mentioned below:
- (The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy, Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus, Arumbakkam,Chennai – 600 106.)
- Mention “Application for admission to AYUSH Degree Courses 2023-2024 session under Government Quota Seats” on the top right-hand side of the post cover.
Step 5: Check Application Deadline
- Make sure to submit your application before due date or the application will be rejected.
Step 6: Wait for Rank/Merit List
- Wait for the announcement of the Rank / Merit list of eligible candidates and counseling schedule. This information will be posted on the official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
Tamil Nadu AYUSH Counseling Process
Step 1: Registration
- Register online on the official website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
Step 2: Reservation and document Verification
- Selection is based on NEET UG-2023 scores and counseling.
- Rule of Reservation followed by the Government of Tamil Nadu will be applied.
- Candidates must attend counseling as per their rank on the official website: http://www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
- Original documents must be presented for verification along with self-attested photocopies.
- One parent or guardian may accompany the candidate, but mobile phone usage is prohibited.
- Candidates will be called for counseling based on their rank.
- Options exercised during counseling are final and cannot be changed.
Rule of Reservation
|Category||Seat Allocation Percentage|
|Backward Community (Muslim)||3.5%|
|Most Backward Community / Denotified Community||20%|
|Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar)||18%|
Phases of Counseling
Tamil Nadu AYUSH NEET Counseling will be conducted in two phases:
First Phase of Counseling
- Counseling for Special Categories and 7.5% preferential allotment to Government School students occurs before General Category Counseling.
- No re-allotment/change of college for Special Category candidates.
- Any unveiled vacancies in Special Categories revert to the General Category.
- Candidates attending the first phase of counseling must pay processing fees, sign the attendance register, and submit option forms.
- Non-joining candidates’ vacancies will be re-allotted on merit/community basis.
- Lack of attendance in the first phase forfeits admission rights, unless authorized by a parent.
Communication and Options
- All communication happens through the official website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
- Candidates can exercise options for courses and colleges during counseling.
- Requests for transfer of college/course won’t be entertained after seat allotment.
- No wait listing for a specific college if seats are available elsewhere.
- Candidates allotted under Special Category won’t participate in General Category counseling.
- No movement counseling for Special Category candidates.
Second Phase Counseling
- Vacancies after the first phase are filled from the waiting list through counseling.
- Counseling for newly created seats due to seat matrix provision occurs in the 2nd phase.
- Government school quota for newly added colleges is filled in the 2nd phase before general counseling.
- Movement counseling is conducted based on merit and reservation rules.
- Mutual transfers are not allowed.
- Schedule for counseling is available on the website.
Re-Allotment and Final Steps
- Re-allotment occurs through counseling if vacancies are available.
- Re-allotment is not guaranteed and depends on merit and time availability.
- Candidates who don’t join the allotted course within stipulated time forfeit admission rights.
- Declining a seat when available forfeits the right to that seat later.
|Category||Application Fee (Rs)|
|Special Categories Applicants||100|
Self-Attested Photostat copies of the following enclosed,
- NEETUG-2023 Hall Ticket
- NEETUG-2023 Score Card should be clear, legible and visible
- 12th Exam Mark Sheet (both sides)
- 12th Exam Mark Sheet (both sides)
- Latest Permanent Community Certificate
- Latest Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Income Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate for (7.5% Govt. School Quota)
- Bonafide Certificate from VI to XII for studying in TN proof
- Any Certificate as proof for claiming Special Category
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital|
Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital
- Address: 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur,Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
- Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
- Email: email@example.com
- Official Website: http://www.dharmaayurveda.dharmagroups.in/bams/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s AYUSH counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant thoroughly helps students with Ayurvedic counseling and top Ayurvedic colleges criterion.
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
What is the official website for Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital?
The official website for Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital is http://www.dharmaayurveda.dharmagroups.in/bams/
Who is affiliated with Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital?
Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
Is Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital a full-fledged government institution?
No, Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital is a private Ayurved college.
What is the location of Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital?
The location of Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital is 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
When was Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital establish?
Dharma Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital was founded in 1997.
What is the course offered and what is the duration of each course?
Course offered BAMS and duration time is 4.6+ (1 Year Internship).