University of Delhi New Delhi is a renowned institution and one of India’s premier universities. It is widely recognized for its academic excellence and offers a diverse range of courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., and M.Phil. levels, along with various other programs.
The University of Delhi, as an affiliation university, provides a platform for numerous colleges and institutes to be affiliated and offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses under its prestigious name. These affiliated colleges are located throughout the city and offer a diverse range of disciplines and subjects, catering to students’ diverse interests and career aspirations.
The University of Delhi is also committed to promoting research and intellectual inquiry. It offers Ph.D. and M.Phil. programs, providing opportunities for scholars to delve deeper into their chosen fields and make significant contributions to knowledge. Under the guidance of experienced faculty members and access to state-of-the-art research facilities, students engage in rigorous research projects and develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
The University of Delhi is known for its esteemed faculty members, who are experts in their respective fields and dedicated to imparting quality education to students. The university’s vibrant academic community, comprising students, faculty, and staff, fosters a culture of intellectual exchange, innovation, and personal growth.
|Name||University of Delhi New Delhi|
|Affiliation Type||Affiliating University|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate & Post Graduate for Dental, Medical and Ayush Courses.|
|Academic Programs||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Clinical Training Opportunities||Affiliations with Colleges and Institutions|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Boys & Girls)|
|Address||Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021|
Role of University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Accreditation and Recognition: The university grants affiliation status to colleges and institutions that meet the specified criteria and adhere to the guidelines set by regulatory bodies such as the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) and the Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH). It ensures that the affiliated institutions maintain the required infrastructure, faculty qualifications, and other essential facilities.
- Curriculum Development: The University of Delhi plays an active role in the development and review of the curriculum for Ayush courses. It ensures that the curriculum aligns with the guidelines and regulations provided by the respective regulatory authorities. The university strives to provide a comprehensive and contemporary curriculum that meets the evolving needs of the Ayush field.
- Quality Assurance: The university monitors the quality of education and infrastructure provided by the affiliated colleges and institutions. It conducts periodic inspections, evaluations, and assessments to ensure that the affiliated institutions maintain the desired standards of excellence in teaching, research, and facilities. This quality assurance process helps uphold the credibility and reputation of Ayush education.
- Faculty Appointment and Development: The University of Delhi oversees the appointment of qualified faculty members in the affiliated institutions. It ensures that the faculty possesses the necessary qualifications, expertise, and experience in their respective Ayush disciplines. The university also encourages faculty development programs and research activities to enhance the knowledge and skills of the faculty members.
- Examination and Evaluation: The university is responsible for conducting examinations, evaluations, and assessments for the affiliated institutions. It ensures the fair and transparent assessment of students’ academic performance and the timely declaration of results. The examination process follows the guidelines set by regulatory bodies to maintain the integrity of Ayush education.
- Academic Support and Guidance: The University of Delhi provides academic support and guidance to the affiliated colleges and institutions. It organizes workshops, seminars, and training programs to enhance the academic environment, foster research, and encourage collaborations among faculty members and students. The university also promotes student-centric initiatives to facilitate their overall growth and development.
- Grievance Redressal and Dispute Resolution: The university addresses grievances and resolves disputes that may arise in the functioning of affiliated institutions. It ensures a transparent and fair mechanism for grievance redressal, promoting a healthy academic environment and maintaining harmonious relations between the university, affiliated institutions, faculty, and students.
For Under Graduate Courses
|MBBS||Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects. They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.Candidates must have qualified in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|BDS||Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.Candidates must have qualified in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|AYUSH Courses||Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut-Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
|Educational Qualifications||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, or Homoeopathy from a recognized university or institution. The degree should be recognized by the respective statutory bodies.|
|Minimum Aggregate Marks||Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate percentage in their Bachelor’s degree as specified by the conducting authority. The exact minimum marks required may vary each year and for different categories.|
|Internship Completion||Candidates should have completed the compulsory rotating internship or practical training as part of their Bachelor’s degree program. The internship should be recognized by the respective statutory bodies.|
|Valid Score in Entrance Exam||Candidates are required to have a valid score in the relevant entrance examination approved by the conducting authority. The specific entrance exam and the minimum qualifying score will be specified in the official notification.|
|State/Institutional Domicile||Some seats may be reserved for candidates who are permanent residents of Delhi or have completed their undergraduate studies from Delhi. Domicile requirements, if applicable, will be mentioned in the official notification.|
AIAPGET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Category||AIAPGET qualifying Cutoff 2023 Percentiles|
- Online Registration: Visit the official website of the University of Delhi and navigate to the registration portal. Create a new account by providing your personal details such as name, email address, contact number, and date of birth. Choose a username and password for your account.
- Fill the Application Form: Log in to your account and fill in the application form with accurate and relevant information. Provide details such as your educational qualifications, address, category (if applicable), and any other required information.
- Upload Documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents as per the specified format. These documents may include your passport-sized photograph, signature, identification proof, academic certificates, mark sheets, and any other documents required for the course you are applying for.
- Application Fee Payment: Pay the prescribed application fee using the available online payment methods. The fee amount may vary depending on the course and category you belong to. Keep the payment confirmation receipt for future reference.
- Review and Submit: Carefully review the filled application form and uploaded documents to ensure accuracy. Make any necessary corrections before final submission. Once you are satisfied with the information provided, submit the application form.
- Print Application Form: After successful submission, download and print a copy of the completed application form for your records. This form may be required during further stages of the admission process.
- Admit Card: Once the application process is complete, the university will announce the release of the admit card. Download and print the admit card when it becomes available. The admit card will contain details about the entrance examination, if applicable.
Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidates who have qualified for counseling should register online on the official website of the University of Delhi.
- Fill in the required details and create a new account.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After registration, candidates need to fill their preferred choices of colleges and courses based on their eligibility and preference.
- They can select multiple options as per their preference.
Step 3: Document Verification
- Once the choice filling is completed, candidates must visit the designated verification center along with the necessary documents.
- Documents required may include academic certificates, mark sheets, identification proof, category certificates (if applicable), and any other documents specified by the university.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- After the verification of documents, the university will release the seat allotment result.
- Seat allotment is based on the candidate’s merit, choices filled, and availability of seats.
- Candidates can check their allotment status online.
Step 5: Reporting to the College
- Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to the allotted college within the specified time period mentioned in the allotment letter.
- They need to carry the required documents and pay the admission fees to secure their admission.
Step 6: Fee Payment and Admission
- At the college, candidates should pay the prescribed admission fees within the specified deadline.
- Failure to pay the fees within the given timeframe may result in the cancellation of the allotted seat.
Step 7: Document Verification at the College
- After fee payment, candidates must submit the required documents to the college for verification.
- The college authorities will verify the documents and confirm the admission.
Step 8: Completion of Admission Formalities
- Candidates need to complete any remaining admission formalities as specified by the college.
- This may include filling out additional forms, submitting undertaking forms, and attending orientation programs.
List of Affiliating College
|Acharya Narendra Dev College||Government|
|Ahilya Bai College of Nursing||Government|
|Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy||Private|
|Aryabhatta College (Formally Ram Lal Anand College-Evg.)||Government|
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College||Government|
|Ayurvedic & Unani Tibia College||Government|
|Bhagini Nivedita College||Government|
|Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences||Government|
|Bhim Rao Ambedkar College||Government|
|Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya||Government|
|College of Art||Government|
|College of Nursing at Army Hospital (R&R)||Government|
|College of Vocational Studies||Government|
|Daulat Ram College||Government|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College||Government|
|Delhi College of Arts & Commerce||Government|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research||Government|
|Deshbandhu College (Morning)||Government|
|Durga Bai Deshmukh College of Special Edu.(VI)||Government|
|Dyal Singh College||Government|
|Dyal Singh College (Evening)||Government|
|Florence Nightingale College of Nursing||Government|
|Hans Raj College||Government|
|Holy Family College of Nursing||Government|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences||Government|
|Indraprastha College for Women||Government|
|Institute of Home Economics||Government|
|Janki Devi Memorial College||Government|
|Jesus & Mary College||Private|
|Kalindi College for Women||Government|
|Kamla Nehru College for Women||Government|
|Kirori Mal College||Government|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||Government|
|Lady Irwin College||Government|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||Private|
|Lakshmi Bai College for Women||Government|
|Maharaja Agarsen College||Government|
|Maharshi Valmiki College of Education||Government|
|Maitreyi College for Women||Government|
|Mata Sundri College for Women||Government|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences||Government|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||Government|
|Moti Lal Nehru College||Government|
|Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening)||Government|
|University College of Medical Sciences||Government|
|Nehru Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital||Government|
|Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology||Government|
|P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening)||Government|
|Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Physically Handicapped||Government|
|Satyawati College (Evening)||Government|
|School of Open Learning (Erstwhile School of Correspondence & Continuing Education)||Government|
|School of Rehabilitation Sciences||Government|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College||Government|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Evening)||Government|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women||Government|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies||Government|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce||Government|
|Shyam Lal College||Government|
|Shyam Lal College (Evening)||Government|
|Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women||Government|
|Sri Aurobindo College||Government|
|Sri Aurobindo College (Evening)||Government|
|Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||Government|
|Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College||Government|
|Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College||Government|
|Sri Venkateswara College||Government|
|St. Stephen’s College||Private|
|Swami Shraddhanand College||Government|
|Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute||Government|
|Zakir Husain Delhi College||Government|
|Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College||Government|
|National Institute of Health & Family Welfare||Government|
|Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences||Government|
|G.B. Pant Hospital||Government|
|All India Institute of Ayurveda||Government|
For UG Courses
- Shortlisted candidates must report to the counseling centers with three sets of authenticated copies of relevant documents.
- Candidates must also submit a printout of their Uttar Pradesh application during the document verification process.
- Candidates must include a passport-sized photocopy of the Uttar Pradesh application form in the printed copy.
- NEET/AIAGET Admit Card/ Rank Card
- SSC or equivalent examinations (for showing the date of birth)
- Transfer certificate
- Study certificate(s) from 6th class to intermediate
- Qualifying Exam Certificate
- Residence certificate of the candidate or either parent issued by MRO / Tahasildar of Uttar Pradesh for a period of ten -years (Period to be specified with exact month and year) excluding the period of study/employment outside the state.
- Candidates claiming quota eligibility under Special Categories must provide the required certificate in support of their claim Permanent Caste Certificate
For PG Ayush Courses
- AIAPGET admit card
- AIAPGET result
- Mark Sheets of BAMS/BUMS/BHMS/BSMS
- BAMS/BUMS/BHMS/BSMS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate stating that the candidate has completed his/he.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by CCIM/State Medical Council
- High school/higher secondary certificate/birth certificate
- A valid photo ID proof (PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Caste/community Certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which Ayush courses are offered by the University of Delhi?
A: The University of Delhi offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Medical , Dental and Ayurveda, Unani, and Homeopathy.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for Ayush courses at the University of Delhi?
A: The eligibility criteria may vary for each Ayush course. Generally, candidates must have completed the required educational qualifications, including specific subjects, from a recognized board or university. Detailed eligibility criteria can be found in the admission brochure or on the official website of the University of Delhi.
Q: How are admissions conducted for Ayush courses at the University of Delhi?
A: Admissions to Ayush courses at the University of Delhi are generally based on entrance examinations conducted by the university. Candidates need to appear for the entrance exam and qualify to secure admission.
Q:Does the University of Delhi have a reservation policy for Ayush programmes?
A: The University of Delhi complies with the regulations set forth by the relevant regulatory bodies regarding its reservation policy. For groups like Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and Persons with Disability (PwD), reserved seats are available.
Q: What is the duration of Ayush courses at the University of Delhi?
A: The duration of Ayush courses at the University of Delhi may vary depending on the program and level of study. Generally, undergraduate courses have a duration of 5.5 years, while postgraduate courses range is 3 years.
Q: Are there any internship opportunities during Ayush courses at the University of Delhi?
A: Yes, the University of Delhi emphasizes practical training and provides internship opportunities as a part of the curriculum for Ayush courses. The internships allow students to gain hands-on experience in their respective fields of study.