Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital was established in 1994 via the tireless efforts of Hk. Syed Faizan Ahmad, Governing Body, and a number of other noteworthy personalities. In 1998, the college was affiliated with the University of Calcutta, and in 2004-05, it was moved to the West Bengal University of Health Sciences. The college is also has recognition from the National Commission for Indian System for Medicine (NCISM).
Since its founding, the College & Hospital has grown rapidly. It is connected to a 100-bed hospital. The Governing Body is in charge of the College and Hospital.
Unani Colleges and Hospitals are widely spread throughout India, but there was no such facility in West Bengal until 1994, when the All India Unani Tibbi Conference (West Bengal unit), with its headquarters in Delhi, took on the responsibility of providing medical education and promoting research by establishing the Calcutta Unani Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata.
Let’s see the facts about Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital
|College Name||The Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital|
|Popular Name||Calcutta Unani College|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||NCISM (National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine)|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|Category||BUMS Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: 8/1, Abdul Halim Lane, Kolkata-700016 |
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliation: West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Recognition: NCISM (National Commission for the Indian System of Medicine)
- Aid Status: Private
- Moalajat,Ilaj bit tadbeer including AmrazeJildwaTazeeniyat
- Tahaffuzi-wa-Samaji Tib (Preventive
- Community Medicine)
Faculty & Staff
The Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital takes pride in its dedicated faculty and staff members who play a crucial role in providing quality education and healthcare services. They ensure the smooth functioning of the institution and contribute to its success. Here is an overview of the faculty and staff at The Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital:
- The teaching faculty comprises experienced professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers specializing in various disciplines of Unani medicine.
- They possess advanced degrees and expertise in their respective fields, ensuring a comprehensive and up-to-date curriculum.
- The teaching faculty is committed to delivering high-quality education, imparting theoretical knowledge, and nurturing the practical skills of the students.
- The clinical faculty includes skilled Unani physicians who actively engage in patient care within the hospital.
- These physicians have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating various medical conditions using Unani medicine principles and practices.
- The clinical faculty members supervise and guide students during their clinical rotations, enabling them to gain hands-on experience and develop their clinical skills.
- The administrative staff manages the day-to-day operations of The Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital.
- They handle administrative tasks such as admissions, record-keeping, scheduling, and coordinating different departments.
- The administrative staff ensures the smooth functioning of the institution, supporting the faculty, students, and patients alike.
- The support staff at The Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital consists of technicians, laboratory assistants, librarians, and other personnel.
- They provide valuable assistance in laboratories, the library, and other facilities, ensuring that students have access to necessary resources and equipment.
- The support staff plays a crucial role in maintaining a conducive learning environment and supporting the overall functioning of the college and hospital.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital offers UG Degree Course.
|BUMS||4 ½ years + 1 year compulsory internship= 5 ½ years||40|
We will inform you about the BUMS Syllabus in this section.
|Professional Year I||Professional Year II|
|Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa (Logic Philosophy and Astronomy)||Tareekh-e-tib (History of Medicine)|
|Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya (Basic Principles of Unani Medicine)||Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (Preventive and Community Medicine)|
|Tashreeh Ul Badan (Anatomy)||Ilmul Advia|
|Munafeul Aaza (Physiology)||Mahiyatul Amraz (Pathology)|
|Professional Year III||Professional Year IV|
|Communication skills||Moalajat – I (General Medicine)|
|Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat (Unani Pharmacy)||Moalajat – II|
|Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom (Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology)||Amraze Niswan (Gynaecology)|
|Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj (Bedside clinic and principles of management)||Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumalood (Obstetrics and Neonatology)|
|Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regional Therapy)||Ilmul Jarahat (Surgery)|
|Amraz-e-Atfal (Paediatrics)||Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan (Ophthalmology and Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat)|
Here is the fee structure with its courses offered by Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital
|Course||Total Fee Annual|
for Undergraduate Courses
|Qualifying Exams||NEET Entrance Examination|
|Age Requirement:||As of December 31, 2023, the candidate must have completed 17 years of age.|
|Domicile||Candidates must be residents of West Bengal.|
|Qualification||Applicants must have finished 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory courses with a minimum of 50 %, 40 % for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% for PwD candidates.|
NEET Cut-Off 2023
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET Ayush 2022-23 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
Calcutta Unani Medical College Cut-Off 2023
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Calcutta Unani Medical College|
Calcutta Unani College Kolkata (Calcutta UMCH Kolkata)
- Address: 8/1, Abdul Halim Lane, Kolkata-700016
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Official Website: https://calumch.org/
BUMS College Predictor
BUMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BUMS Admission Consultant
BUMS admission consultant assists students in securing admission into BUMS programs. They provide guidance on the application process, recommend suitable colleges, help with document preparation, and offer support in exam preparation. Their goal is to simplify the admission process and increase students’ chances of getting into reputable BUMS institutions.
NEET Counseling Experts
NEET Counseling Experts have designed user-friendly tools to help students figure out what they want to do with their lives. To receive support throughout the NEET Counseling process and until individuals are accepted into their selected medical college.
AYUSH counseling experts
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offers their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
Step 2: Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
Step 3: Click on the “Registration” link.
Step 4: Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
Step 5: Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
Step 6: Pay the registration fee of INR 500 (General) or INR 1000 (SC/ST/PwD).
Step 7: Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 8: You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials.
Step 9: Log in to the website using your credentials.
Step 10: Fill out the choice form and lock your choices.
Step 11: You will be allotted a seat based on your choices and the availability of seats.
Step 12: You will need to pay the admission fee to confirm your seat.
Note: The registration process for the West Bengal AYUSH Counselling will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase 1: Registration for All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
- Phase 2: Registration for State Quota seats.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
- Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
- Click on the “Registration” link.
- Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the registration fee of Rs. 2000/- (General) or INR Rs.1500/-(SC/ST/PwD).
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After the registration process is complete, you will be able to fill out your choice form.
- You can choose up to 10 colleges in order of preference.
- You can change your choices as many times as you want before the seat allotment process begins.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- The seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds.
- In the first round, candidates will be allotted seats based on their NEET scores and their choices.
- In the second round, unfilled seats will be allotted to candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round.
- The seat allotment results will be published on the WBMCC website.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat must submit their documents for verification at the college.
- The documents that need to be submitted vary depending on the college.
- The document verification process will be conducted at the college.
Step 5: Payment of Admission Fee
- Once the documents have been verified, candidates must pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- The admission fee is INR 1000 (General) or INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD).
- The admission fee can be paid online or at the college.
For State Quota Documents
- Acknowledgement Slip- After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Domicile certificate (a1,a2,b) or e-district website domicile certificate
- In the case of a parent’s domicile certificate displaying residence as West Bengal (any two of the three ID cards specified above), the voter card/Aadhar card/passport of the parent’s is required.
- If relevant, caste certificate. (This document was issued in the state of West Bengal.)
- 2023 NEET-UG Admissions card.
- 2023 NEET-UG Rank Card.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
- Proof of payment of Counselling fees (generated online).
- Proof of age (by December 31, 2023, you must be 17 years old).
- Verification of marks sheet for class 10+2.
- Provisional allotment letter from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in.
For Management Quota Documents
- Acknowledgment Slip – After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Admit Card for NEET-UG 2023.
- Rank Card for NEET-UG 2023
- Proof of Counselling Fees Payment (generated online).
- Proof of Age ( age should be 17 years by 31.12.2023)
- Medical Certificate (from Registered Allopathic Medical Practioner).
- 10+2 marks sheet for verification of marks.
- Allotted candidate’s Provisional allotment letter generated from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in
- As an application, a caste certificate is required.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
What is the Official website for Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital?
Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital official website is https://calumch.org.
Which university is affiliated with Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital?
Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital is affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Is Calcutta Unani Medical College a government or private institution?
Calcutta Unani Medical College is a private Unani institution.
What is the location of Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital?
The location of Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital is 8/1, Abdul Halim Lane, Kolkata-700016.
When was Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital founded?
Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital was founded in 1994.
How many BUMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 40 students seats available for the BUMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam to enroll in Calcutta Unani Medical College & Hospital.