BUMS Colleges in Delhi In Delhi, there are two Unani Medical Colleges. Over the course of the year, the state has seen the establishment of numerous educational institutions. A Bachelor’s degree in Unani is now one of the most popular career paths. Every year, lakhs of aspirants apply for NEET and other Ayush Entrance Examinations in order to be admitted to some of Delhi’s Top BUMS Colleges
What is the Unani system of medicine?
Unani medicine is one of the seven Ayush systems of alternative medicine that is thought to have originated in ancient Greece thousands of years ago but is now primarily practiced in India. This medical system focuses on disease prevention and treatment through the use of herbal remedies, dietary changes, and alternative therapies.
After Allopathy, Ayurveda, and Homoeopathy, it is the fourth most popular traditional and complementary system of medicine practiced in India. It works on the premise that the body has its own self-healing ability that needs to be enhanced.
Here you will find a brief description of the Ayush NEET 2022 admission process for UG and PG courses, as well as information about the Ayush NEET conducting authority and the Counseling process for UG and PG courses.
We have provided detailed information about the courses offered by BUMS Colleges in Delhi.
|Course Level||Graduate (UG)||Postgraduate|
|Duration||5.5 Years (Including 1-year internship)||3 Years|
|Stream||Medical Sciences||Specialization after BUMS|
|Eligibility||10+2 with P.C.B. as main subjects||BUMS from a recognized University|
List Of BUMS Colleges in Delhi
|S.No||Name of Colleges||Establishment Year||Aided||Affiliated with||Intake Capacity|
|UG seats||PG Seats||Total Seats|
|1||Ayurved & Unani Tibbia College, Karol Bagh,||1921||Government||Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi||60||10||70|
|2||School of Unani Medical Education and Research (SUMER), Jamia Hamdard (Deemed University), Hamdard Nagar||1936||Deemed to be University||Jamia Hamdard University||50||9||59|
The AYUSH Admission Central Counseling Committee manages admission to 15% All India Quota seats in government BUMS colleges in India (AACCC). While admission to the 85% government state quota seats of the BUMS course in India is handled by the state’s affiliated university.
NEET is a mandatory test for admission to a BUMS course beginning this academic year. Check out the step-by-step process for applying to a BUMS course via NEET.
- Apply For NEET
- Appear at NEET
- NEET Result Declaration
- Enrollment at BUMS College
- Allotment of Seats at BUMS College
- Counseling basis Your NEET Score
Eligible candidates should review the detailed admission procedure listed below.
- For admission to AIQ seats in the BUMS course, students must register at aaccc.gov.in.
- Candidates must register at the official websites of the affiliated universities/colleges to be considered for state quota seats at BUMS colleges in India.
- Following the verification of the application forms, officials will release the merit list for the list of BUMS colleges in India, which will include the names of qualified candidates.
- During online counseling, shortlisted candidates must submit their course and college preferences.
- Authorities admit shortlisted candidates based on their choices submitted by applicants, NEET rank, available seats, reservation, and other criteria.
- Selected students must report to their assigned college for document verification and admission process completion.
National Testing Agency (NTA) will administer the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET 2022). The NEET exam is the only way to get into various medical courses offered by various government and private medical colleges.
To be eligible for further admission, candidates must pass the NEET 2022 entrance exam with a minimum threshold of points.
For the purposes of AIQ and state counseling processes, candidates who are members of SC, ST, or OBC must receive marks that are at least 40% above the national average.
The 50th percentile or higher is the minimum score requirement for candidates in the UR category.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||328|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Delhi Ayush Counseling 2022
To register for Delhi Ayush Counseling 2022, a candidate should go to the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, which is Delhi’s official website(Click Here). Let’s talk about the Delhi Ayush 2022 counseling process first, though. The counseling process is outlined below step by step. Candidates may view the PDF file containing the Delhi Ayush 2022 Counseling information (College, Seats, Quota).
Registration Procedure: Applicants must register online for the counseling process and carefully fill out all of the required information in the form.
Provisional Merit List: A merit list will be prepared following the successful completion of the registration process.
Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; at the time of registration, you must select any one centre for document verification.
Choices/ Filling Out: Applicants can fill out their choices/preferences online.
Seat Allocation: Applicants will be chosen based on their merit, preferences, and the availability of seats.
Reporting Procedure: According to the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and bring their original documents as well as photocopies on the prescribed date & timing.
AACCC Registration Process & Counseling
The counseling of AACCC will start around 15-17 days after NEET 2022 Result and the schedule for counseling of AYUSH will be issued by AACCC. Seat allotment is done by AACCC on the basis of merit of NEET score. You will be issued an allotment letter on the website of AACCC after seat allotment, after downloading the allotment letter from here, you will have to report to the allotted college along with the original documents.
How to register for AACCC Counseling?
15 – 17 days after the result of NEET 2022 is declared by AACCC on the website of AACCC (www.aaccc.gov.in)
According to the schedule for admission in AYUSH Course, the registration for counseling will be started. You have to register. After that the registration fee has to be paid and the security fee has to be deposited. Which is as follows :-
For – 15% AIQ/ CU /NI
- Non refundable Registration Fees – Rs. 1000/- for all candidates.
- Refundable Security amount – Rs. 10,000/- for all candidates.
At the time of registration, all the category candidates will have to be pay Rs. 11,000/-
For – Deemed Universities
- Non refundable Registration Fees – Rs. 1,000/- for all category candidates.
- Refundable Security amount – Rs. 50,000/- for all category candidates
At the time of registration, all the category candidates will have to be pay Rs. 51,000/
If a candidate applies for both AIQ and Deemed University, then candidate will get higher registration+Security fees and have to pay Rs. 51,000/-
If a candidate has registered for Government Institution by depositing Registration fees + Security fees and after that he wants to register for Deemed also, then he can use the Reset Registration option. They have to deposit Registration fees + Security fees for Deemed. But keep in mind that this option can be used only once.
What things should be kept in mind while choice filling and in which order to fill?
- First fill the top college, if the marks are less, then fill such a college first whose education is good.
- Fill the low fee college first, because there are many colleges whose fees are very high.
- After filling the top college, you have to fill the college of your state.
- Before selecting Deemed University, take information from its website or talk to the helpline number in the college. Along with the tuition fees of the college, check other expenses like Hostel, Mess, Sports etc.
- Get information about the Bond from the Participating Institute on the web portal of AACCC.
- Give priority to such a state so that you can get benefits in PG.
- Give priority to Old Medical College first. Filling the new college in the last.
AACCC conducts online counseling for First, Second Round and 3rd/Mop Up Round of All India Quota/Central University/National Institute and Deemed University for admission to BAMS, BUMS, BSMS and BUMS courses.
First Round Counseling
After registering on the website of AACCC and depositing the registration fees and security fees, the result of the first round will be published by the AACCC according to the choice fill made by the candidate for the first round. First the provisional result is published, after there is no problem or objection in it, the final result is published.Some of its important points are as follows:-
- The first round is the free exit round. You can leave the allotted seat in it, there is no need to join it.
- In this condition the security money deposited by you will be returned after counseling over in the same account from which you had deposited. You will also be eligible for the next round of AACCC and state counseling.
- If you get an allotted seat in the first round and you want to join it, then you have to download the allotment letter from the website of AACCC and report to the allotted college along with the original documents. The admission formalities have to be completed by depositing one year fee along with original documents in the allotted college.
- If you want a better college than this by participating in the second round, you will be given the option of upgrading and will be able to participate in the second round. Yes, you must select the upgrade willingness option in this condition. If you are happy with your first-round seat and do not want to participate in the second round, select No on the upgrade option form.
- If you joined the seat in the first round and later decide to leave because you have a better seat in your state, you can do so before the second round of AACCC registration begins. Its due date has been set. Before that date, go to your first-round college and resign from your assigned seat, as well as collect your original documents and deposit fees.
- If a candidate is not allotted a seat in the first round then he/she is eligible for the second round.
Second Round Counseling
- All candidates who participated in the first round are eligible for the second round. Those who did not register in the first round may do so in the second. There was no need to suppress the candidates who had registered in the first round. However, in the second round, all candidates will be required to fill the new choice.
- The first round’s choice fill will not be considered in this round; they will be automatically removed. The first provisional result is published in this round as well, and if there are no problems or objections, the final result is published. Some of its key points are as follows:
- If you want to join the AACCC Fresh Seat allotted in the second round, you must download the allotment letter from the AACCC website and report to the allotted college with the original documents. Admission formalities must be completed by depositing a one-year fee and original documents in the designated college.
- If you have a seat allotment in AIQ/Deemed in the second round and do not want to join, there will be no problem. The Security Money you deposited will be returned to you. You will also be eligible for further counseling. The second round of free exit is available until you join it. After joining, you are unable to leave that seat.
- If you are assigned a seat in AIQ / CU / NI / Deemed in the second round and join it, but later decide to resign from that seat for any reason, you will be ineligible for the next round of AACCC and State Counseling.
- If your seat is upgraded in the second round, your first-round seat will be automatically canceled and assigned to another candidate. You must first visit the joined college of the first round to obtain the relieving letter, then proceed to the allotted college of the second round to complete the admission formalities.
- If you were given the option to upgrade in the first round and did not upgrade in the second round, your first round seat will remain the same. On that seat, you will be considered Joined.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in the SC/ST/OBC/EWS category in any college in the first round, and then in the second round, in the same college, if the seat is allotted to him in the UR category, the candidate must repeat the admission formalities.
- The first round is a free exit, so there will be no problem when filling any choice in it, but the second round has to be done carefully.
- In the Mop Up round, seats that were joined in the first and second rounds can be upgraded.
Mop Up round Counseling
AACCC conducts a mop-up round to fill the vacant seat after the second round of AIQ / CU / NI / Deemed University. Candidates who were not selected in the first and second rounds of the AACCC are eligible for this round. Candidates who joined the seat in the first and second rounds of AACCC are eligible for this; they can upgrade the seat allotted to them in their previous round. For the mop up round, new registration is possible.
Those who registered in the first and second rounds do not need to register again. Like the first and second rounds, the provisional result is published first, followed by the final result if there are no problems or objections. Some of its key points are as follows:
- In the Mop Up round, all candidates will be required to fill a new choice. Choice fills from the second round are not considered in this round and are automatically removed.
- Following seat allotment in the Mop Up Round, the allotment letter must be downloaded from the AACCC website and delivered to the assigned medical college along with the original documents. Admission formalities must be completed by depositing a one-year fee and original documents in the designated college.
- If you are allotted a seat in AIQ / CU / NI / Deemed in Mop Up round and do not join, the security money you deposited will be forfeited, but you will be eligible for Stray Vacancy Round of Central Universities/National Institute and State Counseling.
- If you are allotted a seat in AIQ / CU / NI / Deemed in Mop Up round and join it, but later decide to resign from that seat for any reason, your security money will be confiscated (forfeiture) and you will be ineligible for Stray Vacancy Round of AIQ/Central Universities/National Institute and State Counseling.
Stray Vacancy Round
The vacant seat of AIQ/Central University/National Institute is filled in this round through admission counseling by AACCC. There is no new registration in this round, and online allotment is done based on the Mop Up round selected. Deemed University is responsible for filling the counseling positions. AACCC publishes a list of candidates registered for Deemed University on its website, as well as vacant seats by institute.
This list contains the names of candidates who have not yet been appointed. In order to participate in the Stray Vacancy Round, the student must be physically present. The Stray vacancy round schedule is available on the Institute’s website, and it is brief, lasting only 2-3 days. The NEET score of the current student in the institute is used to fill the vacant seat.
Original documents (along with self-attested photocopies of documents) required at the time of joining in allotted Ayurveda/Unani/Siddha/Homoeopathy College for admission to 15% of total seats on All-India basis are as follows.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Career Opportunities In Unani Medicine:
With the rise in demand for traditional medicines and healthcare services in recent years, a career in Unani medicine has become a popular choice.
- In either a for-profit or public unani hospital, a unani practitioner can serve as a physician.
- The companies that deal with Unani preparations may offer employment prospects to professionals in this industry.
- An undergraduate degree programme in unani medicine and surgery is called the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS). The medical expertise of the Unani system is covered by this degree. One can begin working as a doctor in the Unani medical area after receiving this degree.
- By pursuing a postgraduate degree and a doctorate in unani medicine, one might further specialize.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the full form of BUMS?
The full form of BUMS is Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery.
How many government BUMS colleges are in Delhi?
There is 1 government BUMS college in Delhi.
How many BUMS colleges are in Delhi?
There are only 2 BUMS colleges in Delhi.
Who qualifies for BUMS?
Candidates must have successfully completed the 10+2 or an equivalent exam with the core subjects of physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology, and English. Candidates must have either passed the Class 10th Urdu test or have earned a passing grade in the subject of Urdu, Arabic, or Persian.
Does BUMS work without Urdu?
B.U.M.S. course applicants must have completed Intermediate (10 + 2) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Up until the 10th grade or its equivalent in education, Urdu is required.
Is a career in BUMS a good choice?
Graduates of BUMS can choose from a variety of jobs and work both in India and abroad. The fourth most popular career among medical students is unani. Graduates of BUMS can pursue careers as therapists, researchers, lecturers, consultants, etc.