MS Ilmul Jarahat is a clinical three-year postgraduate program that deals with identifying diseases at the primary level and performing minor surgical procedures based on Unani principles if needed. MS Ilmul Jarahat provides compassionate and high-quality patient care in order to train future generations to diagnose and treat surgical cases. Jarahiyat Umoomi (General Surgery) and Jarahiyat Khasoosi are the two papers in the education section (Systemic Surgery)
The course lasts 3 years and can be done after completing the undergraduate Unani course or Equivalent MBBS. The course is governed by the Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga And Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy), New Delhi, and the curriculum and regulations are regulated by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine).
Why Choose MS Ilmul Jarahat?
- Unani Medicine offers numerous career opportunities. Rising complications have resulted in various ailments, and not each patient can afford the expensive treatment; however, Unani Medicine provides safe and cost-effective treatment with few side effects.
- The widespread accessibility of Unani Treatments is also increasing the demand for Unani professionals. For centuries, the community has used these medicines with proven success and acknowledgment. The increased use of herbal remedies over other medicines has increased their demand.
- Individuals can choose to work for the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESI), Unani pharmacies, Unani Hospitals, Unani Health Centers, Primary Health Centers, Private Nursing Homes, Drug Manufacturing Units (Government, Private, Autonomous, Cooperative sectors), Surgeon in Private or Government Hospital.
MS Ilmul Jarahat Course Highlights
|Name of Course||Master of Surgery in Unani Surgery|
|Abbreviation||MS Ilmul Jarahat|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any Unani field (BUMS) or MBBS+ 1 year of Mandatory Internship|
|Admission||Admission to MD Unani course can only be done on the basis of AIAPGET Score|
|Governing Bodies||NCISM (National Commission For Indian System of Medicine) And Department Of AYUSH|
|Entrance Exams||AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test)|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 2,50,000/- per Annum|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 10,00,000/- per Annum|
|Job Profile||Lecturer, Consultant, Private Practice, Medical Assistant, Hakeem|
MS Ilmul Jarahat Syllabus
|First Year||Basic principles of diagnosis and management & Unani drugs used in Surgical practicalTakhdeere Umoomi wa Muqami|
|Final Year||Jarahate UmoomiJarahate NizamiAmalyate Jarahiyat|
MS Ilmul Jarahat Courses Entrance Exams
|MS Ilmul Jarahat||AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test)|
MS Ilmul Jarahat Fees Range
|MS Ilmul Jarahat||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 2,50,000/- per Annum|
MS Ilmul Jarahat Salary Range
|MS Ilmul Jarahat||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 10,00,000/- per Annum|
MS Ilmul Jarahat Courses Eligibility
|Entrance Exam:||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET)|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BUMS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Unani Graduate degree (BUMS)Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the AIAPGET PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MS Ilmul Jarahat course|
How To Get Admission in MS Ilmul Jarahat?
Applicants can apply for admission both online and in person. Online means that aspirants would visit the NEET official website and the university official site and publish the necessary documentation to the portal. Educators would be required to visit the admission office of the MS Ilmul Jarahat colleges and hand over all the documents to candidates for the offline option. The hereunder are general admission process details.
Applicants must be cognizant of the MS Ilmul Jarahat curriculum details in order to be admitted to a college of their choice. After completing the application form, applicants must pay the MD In Unani fees to ensure admission to the college of their choice.
The Selection Procedure
Applicants should ensure that they meet all of the colleges’ eligibility requirements. The colleges publish a rank list according to the results acquired in the entrance exam coupled with the total scores in counseling, individual interviews, and group discussion, predicated on which applicants are registered in the course of their choice.
Scope in MS Ilmul Jarahat
- Unani Medicine seems to be more prevalent among Indians than in Persia or Greece, where it originated. As a consequence, the few interested in studying Unani have a bright future. Those interested in teaching can find positions as lecturers at universities and colleges that study Unani Medicine. A well-trained Unani doctor can open their own treatment centers or work alongside senior Unani doctors.
- Individuals can Work for the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESI), Unani pharmacies, Unani Hospitals, Unani Health Centers, Primary Health Centers, Private Nursing Homes, Drug Manufacturing Units (Government, Private, Autonomous, Cooperative sectors), Drug Control Sector (State and Central Government), Unani Pharmaceutical Companies, Clinical Trials Laboratories, National Health Mission (NHM), Medical Tourism, Third Party Administrator They can also work as research officers (Scientists/Researchers) in research centers, teaching institutes, hospitals, or dispensaries run by the state government. In some Indian states, there is a provision for a third medical officer for Unani doctors working in Primary Health Centres (PHCs).
- The salary or the pay scale is according to the experience and the capability of a doctor. The pay varies in the private sector and the doctors having Government jobs are also well paid.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MS Ilmul Jarahat ?
MS Ilmul Jarahat is a three-year non-clinical postgraduate program that focuses on using special methods or physical treatment methods to improve and change the patient’s environment, dietary habits, and lifestyle and can be done after completing the undergraduate Unani course or Equivalent MBBS.
What duration of MS Ilmul Jarahat ?
The duration of MS Ilmul Jarahat is 3 years.
What is the qualification eligibility for MS Ilmul Jarahat ?
The Minimum Qualification required for MS Ilmul Jarahat is Bachelor’s degree in Unani medicine & surgery or MBBS.