Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital has come a long way in the 48 years since its inception on June 2, 1972, at B. B. Ganguly Street in Kolkata. A group of elite teams led by Dr. Prodosh Majumdar planted the seed of the institute.
As an institution, they seek to place a great emphasis on students’ academic advancement in order for them to meet challenging goals. In order to provide the greatest medical education possible, the institute has constructed a solid infrastructure.
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is the ideal offspring of certain Kolkata elites who saw the suffering of the low income people in this area and were inspired to develop a Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital.
The Government of India has recognized this college. Ayush Branch of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Government of West Bengal Affiliated with the Central Council of Homoeopathy in New Delhi and the W.B. University of Health Sciences.
The institution received degree course affiliation from the National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi, Department of AYUSH, Government of India in 1999 and relocated to Ramchandrapur, P.O. Sodepur, Kolkata:- 700110. Two (3) three-story structures were built on bighas of land with the assistance of the Panihati Municipality and the Central Government.
|College Name||Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital|
|Popular Name||MHMCH Kolkata, Metropolitan Homeopathic College|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|Category||BHMS Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital Ramchandrapur, P.O. Sodepur, Kolkata:- 700 110|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition And Aid Status
- Affiliation: West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Recognition: National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
- Guest facility
- Organon & Hom. Phil
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Practice of Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Community Medicine
Faculty & Staff
- Pratap Chandra Memorial Homoeopathic Hospital & College takes pride in its dedicated and experienced faculty and staff who play a crucial role in the institution’s success. The institution has a team of highly qualified professionals who are passionate about homeopathy and committed to providing quality education and healthcare services.
- The faculty members at Pratap Chandra Memorial Homoeopathic Hospital & College possess in-depth knowledge and expertise in homeopathy. They have undergone rigorous training and hold advanced degrees in the field. The faculty members are not only well-versed in the principles and practices of homeopathic medicine but also stay updated with the latest research and advancements. They are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and experiences with students and are known for their interactive teaching methods. The faculty members foster a supportive learning environment and encourage students to develop critical thinking and clinical skills.
- In addition to their teaching responsibilities, the faculty members actively engage in research activities. They contribute to the advancement of homeopathic knowledge by conducting studies, publishing research papers, and participating in national and international conferences. Their research endeavors contribute to evidence-based practices and help shape the future of homeopathic medicine.
- The non-teaching staff at Pratap Chandra Memorial Homoeopathic Hospital & College are instrumental in ensuring the smooth functioning of various administrative and support services. They provide assistance to students, manage the day-to-day operations of the institution, maintain the infrastructure, handle admissions and registrations, and oversee financial matters. Their dedication and efficiency contribute to the overall efficiency of the institution.
- The collaboration between the faculty and staff at Pratap Chandra Memorial Homoeopathic Hospital & College creates a positive and nurturing environment for students and patients. Their combined efforts ensure that students receive a comprehensive education and practical training, preparing them for successful careers in homeopathy. The staff members provide essential support and services that enhance the overall experience for students, patients, and visitors.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital offers UG Degree Courses.
|BHMS||4 ½ years + 1 year compulsory internship= 5 ½ years||50|
We will inform you about the BHMS Syllabus in this section.
|Materia Medica||This subject is concerned with the theory and study of drugs that are used in the treatment of disease prescribed as per the Doctor. It includes pharmacology, clinical pharmacology and the history and physical and chemical properties of drugs.|
|Organon of Medicine||In this subject, those principles are applied which are necessary to obtain the results.|
|Anatomy||This subject gives knowledge exposure about plants and animals and the interrelation of their parts.|
|Physiology & Biochemistry||This subject deals with the functions and activities of living organisms and their internal and external parts.|
|Community Medicine||In this subject, the health of the members of a community or a region is concerned.|
|BAMS||Will Be Notified Soon|
NEET Cut-Off 2023
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET Ayush 2022-23 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College Cut-Off 2023
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College|
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Address: Ramchandrapur, P.O. Sodepur, Kolkata:- 700 110
- E-mail: mhmmedicalcollegeandhospital.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Website: https://www.metropolitanhmch.in/
BHMS College Predictor
BHMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BHMS Admission Consultant
BHMS admission consultant assists students in securing admission into BHMS programs. They provide guidance on the application process, recommend suitable colleges, help with document preparation, and offer support in exam preparation. Their goal is to simplify the admission process and increase students’ chances of getting into reputable BHMS institutions.
NEET Counseling Experts
NEET Counseling Experts have designed user-friendly tools to help students figure out what they want to do with their lives. To receive support throughout the NEET Counseling process and until individuals are accepted into their selected medical college.
AYUSH counseling experts
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offers their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
Step 2: Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
Step 3: Click on the “Registration” link.
Step 4: Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
Step 5: Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
Step 6: Pay the registration fee of INR 500 (General) or INR 1000 (SC/ST/PwD).
Step 7: Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 8: You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials.
Step 9: Log in to the website using your credentials.
Step 10: Fill out the choice form and lock your choices.
Step 11: You will be allotted a seat based on your choices and the availability of seats.
Step 12: You will need to pay the admission fee to confirm your seat.
Note: The registration process for the West Bengal AYUSH Counselling will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase 1: Registration for All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
- Phase 2: Registration for State Quota seats.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
- Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
- Click on the “Registration” link.
- Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the registration fee of Rs. 2000/- (General) or INR Rs.1500/-(SC/ST/PwD).
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After the registration process is complete, you will be able to fill out your choice form.
- You can choose up to 10 colleges in order of preference.
- You can change your choices as many times as you want before the seat allotment process begins.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- The seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds.
- In the first round, candidates will be allotted seats based on their NEET scores and their choices.
- In the second round, unfilled seats will be allotted to candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round.
- The seat allotment results will be published on the WBMCC website.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat must submit their documents for verification at the college.
- The documents that need to be submitted vary depending on the college.
- The document verification process will be conducted at the college.
Step 5: Payment of Admission Fee
- Once the documents have been verified, candidates must pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- The admission fee is INR 1000 (General) or INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD).
- The admission fee can be paid online or at the college.
For State Quota Documents
- Acknowledgement Slip- After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Domicile certificate (a1,a2,b) or e-district website domicile certificate
- In the case of a parent’s domicile certificate displaying residence as West Bengal (any two of the three ID cards specified above), the voter card/Aadhar card/passport of the parent’s is required.
- If relevant, caste certificate. (This document was issued in the state of West Bengal.)
- 2023 NEET-UG Admissions card.
- 2023 NEET-UG Rank Card.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
- Proof of payment of Counselling fees (generated online).
- Proof of age (by December 31, 2023, you must be 17 years old).
- Verification of marks sheet for class 10+2.
- Provisional allotment letter from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in.
For Management Quota Documents
- Acknowledgment Slip – After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Admit Card for NEET-UG 2023.
- Rank Card for NEET-UG 2023
- Proof of Counselling Fees Payment (generated online).
- Proof of Age ( age should be 17 years by 31.12.2023)
- Medical Certificate (from Registered Allopathic Medical Practioner).
- 10+2 marks sheet for verification of marks.
- Allotted candidate’s Provisional allotment letter generated from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in
- As an application, a caste certificate is required.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
What is the Official website for Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College official website is https://www.metropolitanhmch.in/.
Which university is affiliated with Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College is affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Is Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College a government or private institution?
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College is a private Homeopathic institution.
What is the location of Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
The location of Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College is Ramchandrapur, Sodepur Kolkata- 700110 West Bengal.
When was Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital founded?
Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College was founded in 1972.
How many BHMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 50 student seats available for the BHMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam to enroll in Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College.