MD Ilmul Atfal is a three-year postgraduate degree equivalent to the MD Paediatric degree in modern medicine. This program is primarily concerned with pediatric medical practice Which gains knowledge and appropriate skills for dealing with children’s major health problems and ensuring their optimal growth and development. The course includes systematic instructions in growth and development, nutritional needs of a child, immunization schedules, and management of common childhood diseases. Strategies for preventing common infectious diseases, malnutrition, genetic and metabolic disorders, poisonings, accidents, and child abuse. Outline national child health programs, including immunization programs.
The course lasts 3 years and can be done after completing the undergraduate Unani course or Equivalent MBBS. The course is governed by the Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga And Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy), New Delhi, and the curriculum and regulations are
regulated by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
Why choose MD Ilmul Atfal?
- Unani Medicine offers multiple career options. Rapidly increasing complications have resulted in a wide range of ailments, but not every patient can afford the costly treatment; however, Unani Medicine offers a safe and cost-effective treatment with few side effects.
- Individuals have the option to collaborate with the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESI), Unani pharmacies, Unani Hospitals, Unani Health Centers, Primary Health Centers, Private Nursing Homes, Drug Manufacturing Units (Government, Private, Autonomous, and Cooperative sectors), Drug Control Sector (State and Central Government), Unani Pharmaceutical Companies, Clinical Trials Laboratories, National Health Mission (NHM), Medical Tourism, and other organizations.
- Individual also has options to pursue a variety of Ph.D. programs.
MD Ilmul Atfal Course Highlights
|Name of Course||Doctorate of Medicine In Ilmul Saidla|
|Abbreviation||MD Ilmul Atfal|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any Unani field (BUMS) or MBBS+ 1 year of Mandatory Internship|
|Admission||Admission to MD Ilmul Atfal course can only be done on the basis of AIAPGET Score|
|Governing Bodies||NCISM (National Commission For Indian System of Medicine) And Department Of AYUSH|
|Entrance Exams||AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test)|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 2,50,000/- per Annum|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 10,00,000/- per Annum|
|Job Profile||Lecturer, Consultant, Private Practice, Medical Assistant, Hakeem|
MD Ilmul Atfal Syllabus
|Paper 1||Part A- Research Methodology Part B- Bio or Medical statistics|
|Paper 2||Part A- Applied Basic sciences in Pediatrics including Pediatric Surgery, Unani therapeutics inPediatricsPart B: Concern subject (Amraz-e-Atfal) Nutrition, growth and development|
|Paper 1||History taking and Examination in Pediatrics, Immunology and Infectious diseases.|
|Paper 2||Neonatology, embryology and Genetics|
|Paper 3||Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric emergencies and Systemic pediatrics Ist|
|Paper 4||Systemic pediatrics IInd|
MD Ilmul Atfal Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Ilmul Atfal||AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test)|
MD Ilmul Atfal Fees Range
|MD Ilmul Atfal||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 2,50,000/- per Annum|
MD Ilmul Atfal Salary Range
|MD Ilmul Atfal||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 10,00,000/- per Annum|
MD Ilmul Atfal Courses Eligibility
|Entrance Exam:||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET)|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BUMS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Unani Graduate degree (BUMS)Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the AIAPGET PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MD Ilmul Atfal course|
How To Get Admission in MD Ilmul Atfal?
Applicants can apply for admission both online and in person. Online means that aspirants would visit the NEET official website and the university official site and publish the necessary documentation to the portal. Educators would be required to visit the admission office of the MD Ilmul Atfal colleges and hand over all the documents to candidates for the offline option. The hereunder are general admission process details.
I want a call from this College
Applicants must be cognizant of the MD Ilmul Atfal curriculum details in order to be admitted to a college of their choice. After completing the application form, applicants must pay the MD In Unani fees to ensure admission to the college of their choice.
The Selection Procedure
Applicants should ensure that they meet all of the colleges’ eligibility requirements. The colleges publish a rank list according to the results acquired in the entrance exam coupled with the total scores in counseling, individual interviews, and group discussion, predicated on which applicants are registered in the course of their choice.
Scope in MD Ilmul Atfal
- Unani Medicine seems to be more prevalent among Indians than in Persia or Greece, where it originated. As a consequence, the few interested in studying Unani have a bright future. Those interested in teaching can find positions as lecturers at universities and colleges that study Unani Medicine. A well-trained Unani doctor can open their own treatment centers or work alongside senior Unani doctors.
- Individuals can Work for the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESI), Unani pharmacies, Unani Hospitals, Unani Health Centers, Primary Health Centers, Private Nursing Homes, Drug Manufacturing Units (Government, Private, Autonomous, Cooperative sectors), Drug Control Sector (State and Central Government), Unani Pharmaceutical Companies, Clinical Trials Laboratories, National Health Mission (NHM), Medical Tourism, Third Party Administrator They can also work as research officers (Scientists/Researchers) in research centers, teaching institutes, hospitals, or dispensaries run by the state government. In some Indian states, there is a provision for a third medical officer for Unani doctors working in Primary Health Centres (PHCs).
- The salary or the pay scale is according to the experience and the capability of a doctor. The pay varies in the private sector and the doctors having Government jobs are also well paid.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MD Ilmul Atfal?
MD is a three-year postgraduate degree in Ilmul Atfal that is equivalent to MD Paediatric in modern medicine. This program is mainly concerned with pediatric medical practice, in which students gain knowledge and appropriate skills for dealing with major health problems in children and ensuring their optimal growth and development and can be done after completing the undergraduate Unani course or Equivalent MBBS.
What duration of MD Ilmul Atfal?
The duration of MD Ilmul Atfal is 3 years.
Can Candidates do MD Ilmul Atfal after the 12th?
No, candidates who have completed their UG degree in the same field can pursue the MD Ilmul Atfal course in various specializations. MD Ilmul Atfal students study principles of medicine, human structures, forensic medicine, social and preventive medicine, and other topics.
What is the qualification eligibility for MD Ilmul Atfal?
The Minimum Qualification required for MD Ilmul Atfal is Bachelor’s degree in Unani medicine & surgery or MBBS.