National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) has revised cutoff percentiles for AYUSH NEET UG/PG admissions for academic year 2023-24.
AYUSH NEET cutoff is the minimum mark required to be eligible for admission to undergraduate Ayush courses in India. The cutoff is set by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and is based on the NEET scorecard.
Only NEET-qualified candidates can participate in the AYUSH NEET counselling process. The counselling is conducted for admission to 15% of seats in government and government-aided Ayush colleges. National, private, and central universities fill 100% of their seats through AYUSH NEET counselling. The revised cutoffs are as follows:
|Category||Existing Cutoff||Revised Cutoff|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||45th percentile|
|OBC||40th percentile||35th percentile|
|SC||40th percentile||35th percentile|
|ST||40th percentile||35th percentile|
|UR/EWS – PwD||45th percentile||40th percentile|
|OBC – PwD||40th percentile||35th percentile|
|SC – PwD||40th percentile||35th percentile|
|ST – PwD||40th percentile||35th percentile|
The NCISM has also decided to extend the cutoff date for admission to AYUSH UG courses from November 20 2023 to November 30 2023. The cutoff date for post graduate admissions will remain the same, i.e. December 16 2023.
The revised cutoffs are a welcome move, as it will make it easier for students from marginalized communities to gain admission to AYUSH UG courses. The extension of the cutoff date for AYUSH UG admissions will also give students more time to apply and submit their documents.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the NCISM’s revised NEET UG/PG cutoffs and extended AYUSH UG admission deadline:
- Students from marginalized communities will now have a better chance of gaining admission to AYUSH UG courses.
- Students will have more time to apply and submit their documents for AYUSH UG admissions.
- The revised cutoffs are a step towards making AYUSH education more accessible to all.
AACCC Counselling has started Ayush UG counselling for the 1st round on September 1, 2023. Reporting for the stray vacancy round was from November 4 to 11, 2023. Ayush PG counselling for the 1st round started on September 26, 2023. Reporting at the allotted institute for the stray vacancy round is from December 7 to 13, 2023.
Benefits of participating in AACCC counselling:
- AACCC counselling is a centralized counselling process for admission to UG and PG Ayush courses.
- It is a transparent and fair process that ensures equal opportunities for all candidates.
- Candidates can apply to multiple colleges and institutions through a single platform.
- The counselling process is conducted in multiple rounds, which gives candidates a second chance to secure admission to their preferred college or institution.