Velumailu Siddha Medical College and Hospital has been providing high-quality education in Siddha since 2001. This prestigious college offers a Bachelor’s degree programme in Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS). This five and a half year course, which includes one year of house surgery, is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, and the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM, and the college is affiliated with the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Outgoing Candidates who pass the exam are eligible for ‘A’ Class Registration, which allows them to practice Siddha anywhere in India. With the start of the Post Graduate Course in Siddha, this Institution is poised to take a giant step toward its goal of providing the best Siddha practitioners to the world.
Dharma Medical Research and Charitable Trust founded Velumailu Siddha Medical College in 2001, and it is located in a beautiful Verdurous Campus in Sriperumbudur, a newly developing Industrial Area.
It is located in Sriperumbudur on the Chennai-Bangalore highway, directly across from the Shri Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, and is well connected by airport, railway station, and has a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere, all of which are conducive to healthy education.
I want a call from this College
Velumailu Siddha Medical College is housed in a massive structure that houses Teaching Departments, Laboratories, Museums, Lecture Halls, a Computerized Modern Library, and other amenities. A full-fledged Siddha Hospital with 60 beds, OPD and IPD facilities, including general wards, deluxe and semi-deluxe rooms, and a Siddha pharmacy open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allows students to gain practical and clinical experience.
Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital Highlights
|College Name||Velumailu Siddha Medical College Kancheepuram Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||VSMC Kancheepuram|
|Location||Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM|
|Category||BSMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Contact||Address: 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur,Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India|
Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by: National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM
- Aid Status: Private
- Class Room
- Herbal Garden
- Department of Siddha Maruthuva Moolathathuvam (including Tamil & English)
- Department of Udal Koorugal
- Department of Udal Thathuvam (including Uyirvedhiyal)
- Department of Gunapadam – Marunthiyal (including Medicinal Botany)
- Department of Gunapadam – Marunthakaviyal
- Department of Noi Naadal & Noi Mudhal Naadal (Including Nunnuyiriyal)
- Department of Sattam Saarntha Maruthuvamum Nanju Maruthuvamum
- Department of Noi Anuga Vidhi including Research Methodology & Medical Statistics
- Department of Maruthuvam
- Department of Varmam & Sirappu Maruthuvam
- Department of Aruvai Maruthuvam
- Department of Sool and Magalir Maruthuvam
- Department of Kuzhanthai Maruthuvam
Faculty and Staff
This college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific evidence available.
- Reduce incorrect variation in value-based methods.
- Provide more rational and practical behavior in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasingly focusing on continuing education
- to encourage the effective use of available resources
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the shortcomings of existing literature and to make recommendations for future research.
|BSMS||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship||40|
|Semester I11||Semester II||Semester III|
|Biochemistry||Pharmacology I||Varmam Therapy|
|Siddha Medicine- Principles and History||Siddha Pathology||Toxicology and Forensics|
|Physiology I||Microbiology||Gynaecology and Obstetrics|
|Communicative English||Pharmacology II||Dental Disease and Bone Setting Surgery|
|Physiology II||Animal and Plant Kingdom Analysis||Special Medicine and External Therapy|
|Pharmacognosy||Modern Pathology Principles||Paediatrics|
|Anatomy I||Pharmaceuticals||National Health Policies|
|Course||Annual Fees (AIQ)|
Note: To know the exact bifurcation of fees, Kindly contact to our admission expert at 9289495501
The College Cut-off is the minimum number of points required by the admissions committee for students to be admitted. Based on these cutoff scores, a merit list will be created. Candidates who apply to the Institute must meet the Cutoff for various courses.
In order to be considered for further admission, aspirants must obtain a minimum qualifying percentile mark in the NEET 2023 entrance examination.
To be considered for AIQ and state counselling, candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile.
Applicants in the UR category must achieve a score of at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital|
Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital
Address: 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur,Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
Official Website: http://www.velumailusiddha.dharmagroups.in/
BSMS College Predictor
BSMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
Thorough that BSMS Admission Consultant guides students on Ayush counseling & top Siddha medicine college criterion.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over a year of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
|Entrance Exam||NEET Entrance Exam|
|Age||In terms of age, only aspirants aged 17 and up were permitted to register for the national entrance examination.|
|Qualification||The student should have passed in the H S E / the Indian School Certificate examination /equivalent to 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The candidate should have studied in Tamil medium up to 10th /HSE/studied Tamil as a subject up to 10th.|
The application form for admission to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Degree Courses in I.M. & H. Self-Financing Medical Colleges for the 2023-2024 session under Management Quota Seats can be downloaded / accessed from the following official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. Candidates must send their downloaded, completely filled-in Application form along with all needed supporting documents, as well as proof of payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) towards the application fee, i.e., with SBI collect transaction ID (Original receipt to be enclosed).
Filling out the application form and submitting all required documents in person or by registered mail, courier service, or speed post before the deadline.
Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy,
Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,
Chennai – 600 106.
The rank / merit list of qualified candidates, call letter, and counseling schedule, among other things, will be available on the following website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. The Rank / Merit List shall include the Application Registration Number (A.R. No.). Candidates can obtain the Call Letter by providing their A.R. No. and Date of Birth on the official website.
All BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Course selections and admissions are merely tentative. The selection and admission are subject to cancellation at any moment if the eligibility conditions are determined to be flawed or incorrect, or if there is any deliberate or unintentional hiding of facts. The Selection Committee has complete authority over allotment to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS courses and Colleges.
a. The Selection Committee is the recognized authority for counseling for all undergraduate courses in Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, and Unani medicine in all Tamil Nadu Government and Self-Financing ASUH Institutions.
b. No authority or institution shall admit any candidate to the undergraduate course in violation of the admissions criteria or procedure established by the Selection Committee, and any candidate accepted in violation of the said criteria or procedure shall be discharged.
c. Any authority or institution that admits a student in violation of the criteria or procedure will be subject to action under the provisions of the NCISM and NCH Amendment Regulation 2018.
During counseling, candidates will be chosen based on their NEET UG-2023 scores and by using the Single Window System. Only the official website, www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in, will have a counseling schedule.
Candidates must attend the counseling session according to the schedule and rank listed on the official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
One of the candidate’s parents or guardians may accompany him or her to the counseling session, but they must make their own travel arrangements. Mobile phone use will also be absolutely prohibited in the Counseling Hall.
Candidates will be contacted for counseling based on their rank, and they will be able to exercise their choice based on the eligibility criteria outlined in the Prospectus.
Once an option has been exercised during counseling, it is definitive and cannot be modified.
- Candidates who do not attend the counseling session on the scheduled date and time forfeit their entitlement to admission and their names will not be considered subsequently. However, due to unavoidable circumstances, he or she may authorize his or her parent to act on his or her behalf during that period of counseling, and the parent’s choice will be binding on the candidate. An authorization letter provided by the candidate should be supplied by the parents, together with the original documents of any one of the identifying proofs such as Voter ID, Driving License, Pan Card / Passport of both the parent and the candidate, as listed in Annexures VA and VB.
- Seats under the All India Quota (AIQ) would be open, with no preference.
(a). All communications regarding counseling will be shown / made available only through the official website, and any change or alteration, as well as essential information pertaining to this admission procedure, will be made immediately available on the website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
(b).Candidates are required to visit the website at least twice a day for updates from the date of application release until the end of the admission process. The Selection Committee will not be held liable for any consequences arising from a failure to diligently follow-up on notices, notifications, and publications appearing on the internet about admission to B.S.M.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.H.M.S. Courses under the All India Quota 2023 – 2024 session.
(a)Vacancies that arise following the first round of counseling will be filled from the waiting list via counseling.
(b) Counseling / Allotment for seats newly created due to the provision of seat matrix by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University after the commencement of first phase counseling or due to orders / interim orders passed by the Honourable High Court Madras after the commencement of 1st phase counseling will be done ONLY during the 2nd phase counseling but within the cutoff date for UG Courses admission as laid down by the regulatory bodies i.e., NCISM.
(a) Candidates can exercise their option for the course and college of their choosing during counseling and allotment is subject to seat availability.
(b) Individual requests for transfer of college or change of course will not be permitted once a seat has been allotted within the same period of counseling. A candidate is only eligible for re-allotment based on rank during the subsequent phase of counseling, and he or she must have enrolled in the Self-Financing College to which they were assigned under the All India Quota during the previous phase of counseling.
- Any vacancies that arise following the All India Quota Counseling would be converted into State Quota and filled by the State Government in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Under no circumstances will mutual transfers be permitted.
- Based on his/her eligibility and merit marks acquired in NEET 2023, the candidate is eligible to apply for any of the courses viz. BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under All India Quota in Self-financing institutes.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing college under the All India Quota during counseling and do not join within the stipulated time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted, will not be considered for admission at any point in the future.
- The counseling schedule will only be published on the website.
- If a candidate opts out of / is unwilling to take any seat in a particular course while seats are available at the time of his / her counseling for Management Quota seat, he/she will not be eligible for the same seat in that particular course at any point in time afterwards for whatever reason.
- Candidates who receive allotment for any other reason after the counseling has concluded shall be given a seat in any of the colleges under Management Quota Seats, regardless of their merit of marks.
- Based on his/her eligibility, the candidate may choose any of the following courses: BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under Management Quota at Self-financing colleges. Similarly, he or she can choose to be waitlisted for a specific course under Management Quota.
- Re-allotment for vacancies created by candidates’ failure to join will be done on a merit basis, subject to the availability of adequate time before the T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University’s cut-off date.
- Re-allotment will be accessible only to individuals who enrolled in the course within the time frame specified.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing institution under Management Quota during counseling and do not join within the required time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted will not be considered for admission at any point in time later.
- Candidates who receive allotment through court orders before the cut-off date shall be allocated a seat in the current Management Quota slots available at the time of counseling when he/she actually attends.
- If a candidate and his/her parent/guardian are unable to attend the Counseling on the specified date and time due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, the candidate will be permitted to attend the counseling on the subsequent date in the same phase of counseling and he/she can only opt for the seats available at the time of counseling and cannot claim seat as per his/her rank. As authorization, the candidate shall present Annexures V A and V B.
- All vacancies caused by candidates’ failure to join or by new colleges joining through the judicial system will be filled in the second phase. Candidates who do not attend the 1st Phase counseling on the designated date and time will be barred from attending the succeeding phases of counseling.
- Not joined / ceased following allotment, candidates are ineligible for subsequent stages of counseling.
Application Fee Process
To pay fees please visit https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=2846956
click on this link directly or
Go to www.onlinesbi.sbi _ SB Collect _ Check and Click to proceed _ Select state as Tamil Nadu
and Type of Institution as Educational Institution, Click GO to continue _ Select DIRECTOR OF
INDIAN MEDICINE & HOMEOPATHY from the dropdown menu, click Submit to continue _ Select
Appropriate payment category and proceed.
The following fields will be present please fill them (NAME OF THE CANDIDATE, FATHER/GUARDIAN NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MOBILE NUMBER, DISTRICT, STATE, APPLICATION FEES – Rs. 1000)
Payment information must be sent with the application.
Before signing the attendance register for the IM & H UG courses counseling for All India Quota seats/ Management seats, all candidates must pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in cash towards the counseling processing fee.
Candidates who are selected at the time of counseling (Under All India Quota Seats/ Management Seats in Self-Financing IM & H College) must pay a non-refundable payment of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty-Five Thousand Only) in cash at the time of receipt of allotment orders. This amount will be transferred to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University following the completion of the Registration Subcommittee meeting.
If the candidate fails to enroll in the course after receiving an allotment order under Management Quota Seats within the time frame specified, he or she will forfeit this sum as well as the seat assigned.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
What is the official website for Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital?
The official website for Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital is http://www.velumailusiddha.dharmagroups.in/
Who is affiliated with Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital?
Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Is Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital a full-fledged government institution?
No, Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital is a private Siddha medicine college.
What is the location Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital?
The location of Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital is 48, G.W.T. Road, Opp. Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur,Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, India.
When did Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital establish?
Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital was founded in 2001.
How many BSMS seats are there at this institute?
A total of 40 seats are there for the BSMS course in this Institute.
Does Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital has hostel facility?
Yes, Velumailu Siddha Medical College & Hospital has hostel facilities.