Santhigiri Siddha Medical College Thiruvananthapuram was founded in 2002 by Santhigiri Ashram, following in the footsteps of its Founder Guru, NAVAJYOTHISREE KARUNAKARA GURU. This is the first Siddha Medical College in Kerala, as well as the first outside of Tamil Nadu, the Siddha system’s birthplace.
It is the only Siddha college in the country (the other eight are in Tamil Nadu) where English is used as the medium of instruction rather than Tamil. As a result, doctors graduating from Santhigiri Siddha Medical College would have global exposure. Students from Switzerland, Japan, and other nations are currently enrolled at Santhigiri Siddha Medical College.
Santhigiri Siddha Medical College aims to train doctors who have a good grasp and scientific knowledge of the Siddha system in order to comply with the system’s fundamentals, as well as extensive practical training and, above all, the great principles of the ‘Nava Arogya Dharma Siddhantham’ (New Doctrine of Healthcare) conceived by Navajyothisree Karunakara Guru.
This college provides the BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery) programme. It is affiliated with the University of Kerala as well as the Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) in Thrissur and the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine [NCISM] has approved it.
This college is located in peaceful settings near Thiruvananthapuram. It has a distinguished staff and a good hospital with all specialist divisions, good laboratories, a huge library, and extensive medicinal plant gardens. It also offers a GMP-certified pharmacy for Siddha and Ayurvedic pharmaceuticals, pleasant accommodations, a vegetarian restaurant, and plenty of extra-curricular activities.
|College Name||Santhigiri Siddha Medical College Thiruvananthapuram|
|Popular Name||SSMC Kerala, Santhigiri Siddha College, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Affiliated with||University of Kerala and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine [NCISM]|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Category||BSMS Colleges in Kerala|
|Contact||Address: Santhigiri P.O., Pothencode Thiruvananthapuram- 695584, Kerala|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with– Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)
- Approved by – National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine [NCISM]
- Aid Status–Government
- Class Rooms
- Minor OT
- Teaching Labs
- Clinical Labs
- Mens Hostel
- Womens Hostel
- Herbal Garden
- Medical Camps
Faculty & Staff
All faculty on campus are subject to the following policies:
- Describe the best available scientific evidence for proper care.
- Reduce ineffective variety in value-based processes.
- Provide more sensible and practical behavior in relation to the subject taught.
- More emphasis is being placed on ongoing education.
- To encourage the optimal use of available resources.
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the inadequacies of existing literature and to make recommendations for future study.
|BSMS||4 ½ years + 1 year compulsory internship= 5 ½ years||50|
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees||Annual Hostel Fees|
|BSMS||Rs. 1,89,000/-||Rs. 6,000/-|
Note: Above mentioned fee may vary from the actual fee. To know the exact course fee, aspirants can connect to our Admission Helpline No. 9289495501
Eligibility Criteria For BSMS Course
|Domicile||Must be a resident of Kerala state|
|Qualifying Examination||Must have qualified NEET-UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Academic Qualification||Completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board or university|
|Age Limit||Must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31 of the admission year|
|Eligibility Criteria set by Authorities||Must satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the authorities for the particular round of counselling|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Santhigiri Siddha Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram Cut-Off (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round||Fifth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Santhigiri Siddha Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram|
Santhigiri Siddha College Thiruvananthapuram
- Address: Santhigiri P.O., Pothencode Thiruvananthapuram- 695584, Kerala
- Email:- email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Website: ssmc.santhigiriashram.org
BSMS College Predictor
BSMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s AYUSH counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BSMS Admission Consultant
BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery) admission consultant is a professional who assists aspiring students in the admission process for Siddha medicine colleges. These consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the admission criteria, eligibility requirements, and application procedures of various BSMS programs. They provide guidance and support to students throughout the application process, helping them select suitable colleges, fill out application forms, and prepare for entrance examinations or interviews. Admission consultants also offer valuable insights into career prospects, college rankings, and scholarship opportunities in the field of Siddha medicine. Their expertise and personalized assistance simplify the admission process and increase the chances of securing admission to a reputable BSMS program.
We’re your trusted advisors on the road to achieving success in AYUSH courses. We understand the unique challenges that students face when navigating the world of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy courses. Our dedicated team of experts is here to provide you with personalized guidance, support, and insights to help you excel in your AYUSH education. Contact us today to begin your transformative journey towards a successful and fulfilling AYUSH education.
- NEET Counseling Experts: Our NEET Counselling Experts are here to provide you with invaluable guidance and support as you start your journey toward a successful medical career. From course selection to exam preparation strategies, our NEET Counselling Experts are committed to helping you achieve your goals with confidence.
- AYUSH counseling expert: Our AYUSH Counselling Experts are well-versed in these disciplines and are here to provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your academic and career aspirations. Our team of experts is here to empower you with the knowledge and guidance necessary for a successful and fulfilling academic and professional journey.
Kerala AYUSH Counselling Process
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal details, NEET score, and other relevant information.
Step 2: Payment of Counseling Fee
- Pay the counseling fee through the available online payment options.
- The fee amount will be specified by the conducting authority.
Step 3: Document Verification
- Visit the designated verification centers with the necessary documents for verification.
- Carry both original and photocopies of the required documents.
- Documents may include NEET scorecard, admit card, counseling registration form, identity proof, educational certificates, etc.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned, and the photocopies will be retained.
Step 4: Publication of Merit List
- The conducting authority will release the merit list based on the NEET scores and other eligibility criteria.
- The merit list will be published on the official website.
Step 5: Choice Filling and Seat Allotment
- Candidates must log in to the official website using their credentials.
- They can then fill their preferred choices of colleges and courses from the available options.
- The seat allotment will be done based on the candidate’s merit, choices filled, and availability of seats.
- The allotment result will be published on the official website.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College
- Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the allotted college within the specified time frame.
- They need to carry the required documents, allotment letter, and payment of the admission fee.
- Upon reporting, candidates will complete the admission formalities and secure their seats.
- Certificate to prove DOB.
- Transfer Certificate from the last Institution attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued).
- Eligibility certificate from any University in Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/ Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE. * Eligibility certificate from Kerala University of Health Sciences in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Kerala HSE/VHSE/CBSE/CISCE for admission in KUHS affiliated colleges.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format given in Annexure XVII (a) or XVII (b) of the Prospectus 2023.
- Fee Receipt remitted.
- KEAM 2023 Data sheet.
- Admit card of NEET-UG-2023 (if applicable)
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE.
- Any additional documents specified in the allotment Memo/Notification.
- All original documents and certificates must be uploaded with the online application.
What is the Official website for Santhigiri Siddha Medical College?
The official website of Santhigiri Siddha Medical College is http://ssmc.santhigiriashram.org/
Which university is affiliated with Santhigiri Siddha Medical College?
Santhigiri Siddha Medical College is affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS).
Is Santhigiri Siddha Medical College a government or private institution?
Santhigiri Siddha Medical College is a private Siddha institution in Kerala State.
What is the location of Santhigiri Siddha Medical College?
The location of Santhigiri Siddha Medical College is Santhigiri P.O., Pothencode Thiruvananthapuram- 695584, Kerala.
When was Santhigiri Siddha Medical College founded?
Santhigiri Siddha Medical College was founded in 2002.
How many BSMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 50 students seats available for the BSMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Santhigiri Siddha Medical College?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam to enroll in Santhigiri Siddha Medical College.