North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy (NEIAH), Shillong, Meghalaya, is a newly established autonomous institute under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is located in Mawdiangdiang, Shillong, Meghalaya.
The Union Cabinet approved the establishment of the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy in Shillong to provide health care to the people of the NE Region and Sikkim under the Ayurveda and Homoeopathy systems of medicine; additionally, to promote and popularize Ayurveda and Homoeopathy and to create awareness among the general masses regarding the importance, effectiveness, and potentials of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy, the expansion of health-care facilities, the improvement of the doctor-to-population ratio, and bio-resource research and development in the North East region
Sh. Shripad Yesso Naik, Hon’ble Minister of State (IC), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, formally inaugurated the institute on 22nd December,2016 in the august presence of Smt. R. Warjiri, Hon’ble Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of Meghalaya, Local MP, Local MLA, Govt. of India officials, Govt. of Meghalaya officials, Students/ Staffs/ Faculty members, Director NEIAH, public, regional & national media.
From the 2016-2017 academic year, the institute established an Ayurvedic and a Homoeopathic college with admission capacity of 50 students each (BAMS and BHMS Courses), as well as a full-fledged 100-bed Ayurvedic hospital and a 50-bed Homoeopathic hospital. Furthermore, the total intake of Ayurveda College and Homoeopathy College has been increased to 63 students for both BAMS and BHMS courses beginning with the academic year 2019-20.
|College Name||North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy|
|Popular Name||NEIAH Faculty of Ayurveda Shillong|
|Location||Shillong, Meghalaya, India|
|Affiliation||NORTH EASTERN HILL UNIVERSITY(NEHU)|
|Courses Offered||BAMS, BHMS|
|Category||BAMS College in Meghalaya|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: Mawdiangdiang, Shillong, Meghalaya -793018 (INDIA).|
Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: NORTH EASTERN HILL UNIVERSITY(NEHU)
- Aid Status: Private
- Environment: Ragging-free
- Director’s Bungalow
- Boys & Girls hostels
- Doctors hostel
- Staff Quarters
- Guest House, Cafeteria, Shopping Complex etc.
- Agad Tantra
- Dravyaguna Kaumarbhritya
- Kriya Sharir
- Prasuti Tantra
- Rachana Sharir
- Sanskrit Samhita Siddhhant
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Res. Meth. & Central Research Lab
Faculty and Staff
Under the Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic systems of medicine, to provide undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and post-doctoral education, research facilities, and quality patient care services.
- To experiment and develop teaching patterns in all branches of the Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic systems of medicine at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To conduct research on various aspects of the Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic medical systems.
- To provide medical care to the suffering humanity through the Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic systems of medicine.
- To provide refresher courses for the Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic medical systems.
- To advance, promote, and spread the science and art of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy, as applicable.
This selection will inform you about North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy BAMS Syllabus Let us take a look.
|First Professional||Second Professional||Third Professional||Fourth Professional|
|Padartha Vigyan And Ayurved Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan||Agadtantra||Kayachikitsa|
|Kriya Sharir||Rasashastra||Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||Shalya Tantra|
|Rachana Sharir||Charak Samhita||Kaumarbhritya Parichaya||Shalakya Tantra|
|Maulik Siddhant And Ashtang Hridaya||–||Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)||Research Methodology And Medical Statistics|
Here this selection will let you know about BAMS Internship. Let’s have a look.
|Sl.No.||Departments||Distribution of six months||Distribution of twelve months|
|(i)||Kayachikitsa||Two months||Four Months|
|(ii)||Shalya||One month||Two months|
|(iii)||Shalakya||One month||Two months|
|(iv)||Prasuti and Striroga||One month||Two months|
|(v)||Balroga-Kaumarabhritya||Fifteen days||One month|
|(vi)||Panchakarma||Fifteen days||One month|
|Age Criteria||– Minimum age: 17 years on or before December 31, 2023.|
– Maximum age: 25 years as of December 31, 2023.
– Maximum age for SC/ST candidates: 30 years as of December 31, 2023.
|Medical Fitness||Applicants must be in good health.|
|Education Qualification||– Must be a native or permanent resident of Meghalaya.|
– Passed 10+2 level examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English from a recognized board or authority.
– Must have qualified for NEET-UG 2023.
|Additional Considerations||– Children of Central Government, other State/UT Government employees on deputation to Meghalaya, and children of Central Government, All India Services, other State/UT Government employees posted in and having headquarters within Meghalaya are eligible, subject to production of a Permanent Resident Certificate.|
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2023
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2022||Cut-off marks 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy|
- Name: North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy
- Address: Mawdiangdiang, Shillong, Meghalaya -793018 (INDIA).
- Admission Helpline No: 9289495501
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: http://www.neiah.nic.in/
BAMS College Predictor
BAMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BAMS Admission Consultant
BAMS Admission Consultants are professionals who assist students seeking admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) programs. These consultants have in-depth knowledge about the admission process and provide guidance to students. They help with filling out application forms, understanding eligibility criteria, and preparing for entrance exams. BAMS Admission Consultants also provide information about different colleges, including their facilities and placement opportunities. Their assistance simplifies the admission process and helps students make informed decisions about their BAMS education.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better, NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official counseling website.
- Provide personal details, contact information, and educational qualifications during registration.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Visit the designated verification centers to get your documents verified.
- Bring original documents like mark sheets, certificates, photo ID proof, and proof of residence.
- This step ensures the authenticity and eligibility of the candidates.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Access the online portal and fill your choices of courses and institutions based on your preferences.
- Arrange the choices in order of priority.
- Carefully consider the options as seat allocation depends on merit and availability.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority evaluates candidate preferences, merit, and seat availability.
- Seat allotment results are published on the official website.
- Check your allotment status using your login credentials.
Step 5: Reporting and Admission
- Candidates who are allotted seats must report to the designated institution within the specified time frame.
- Carry required documents, including allotment letter, original certificates, and prescribed fees.
- Complete admission formalities, including document verification, fee payment, and form submission.
Step 6: Second Round of Counseling (if applicable)
- Conducted if there are vacant seats after the first round or for candidates who wish to upgrade their allotted seat.
- Candidates can participate again and revise their choices.
Step 7: Joining and Commencement of Classes
- Candidates who have successfully secured their seats can join the respective institutions.
- Academic sessions for Ayush courses usually commence as per the institution’s schedule.
Original documents (along with self-attested photocopies of documents) necessary at the time of joining in designated Ayurveda/Unani/Siddha/Homoeopathy College for admission to undergraduate medical programmes for admission to 15% of total seats on All-India basis are as follows.
- Admit Cards of Exam issued by NTA.
- Result/ Rank letter issued by NTA.
- Date of Birth Certificate (if High School Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 10+2 Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
- Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.
- Proof of identity (Aadhar/ PAN/ Driving Licence/ Passport)
- Caste certificate, if applicable – ST/SC/OBC (should not belong to Creamy Layer to claim OBC reservation benefit)/ EWS/ PwD.
What is the Official website for North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy?
The official website of North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy is http://www.neiah.nic.in/
Is it correct that Ayurvedic medications have no side effects?
Ayurveda, like many medicinal systems, has some negative effects in its medications. The fact that Ayurvedic treatments are entirely of natural origin does not mean that they are without side effects.
Which university is affiliated with the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy?
The college was founded in 2016 and affiliated with NORTH EASTERN HILL UNIVERSITY(NEHU)
What is the location of the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy?
The address of North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy is Mawdiangdiang, Shillong, Meghalaya -793018 (INDIA).
How many BAMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 50 students’ seats available for the BAMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy?
Students must pass the NEET exam in order to enroll at North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy.
Who is in charge of AIAPGET Counseling?
AIAPGET is counselled by the AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC).