About Government Unani Medical College, Chennai
Government Unani Medical College, Chennai (GUMC Chennai) is a well-known Government Unani College in Tamil Nadu. The college, also known as the Govt. Unani College Chennai, was founded in 1979. This well-known Government Tibbi Unani College in Chennai is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University and is recognized by the National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
The Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) teaches Unani Medicine and Surgery. The college was provincialized in 1979, and the word “State” was added to the college’s name, renaming it Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai).
Government Unani Medical College, Chennai Highlights
|College Name||Government Unani Medical College, Chennai|
|Popular Name||GUMC Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.|
|Hostel facility||(Girls only )|
|College Official site||http://www.gumcchennai.com/|
|Category||BUMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: Srinagar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106|
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
I want a call from this College
- Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by:- National Commission for Indian System Of Medicine- NCISM.
- Aid Status:- Government
Faculty and Staff
This college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Government Unani Medical College, Chennai is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe the best available scientific evidence for proper care.
- Reduce ineffective variety in value-based processes.
- Provide more sensible and practical behavior in relation to the subject taught.
- More emphasis is being placed on ongoing education.
- To encourage the optimal use of available resources.
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing
- To draw attention to the inadequacies of existing literature and to make recommendations for future study.
|BUMS||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship||60|
|Professional Year I||Professional Year II|
|Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa (Logic Philosophy and Astronomy)||Tareekh-e-tib (History of Medicine)|
|Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya (Basic Principles of Unani Medicine)||Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (Preventive and Community Medicine)|
|Tashreeh Ul Badan (Anatomy)||Ilmul Advia|
|Munafeul Aaza (Physiology)||Mahiyatul Amraz (Pathology)|
|Professional Year III||Professional Year IV|
|Communication skills||Moalajat – I (General Medicine)|
|Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat (Unani Pharmacy)||Moalajat – II|
|Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom (Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology)||Amraze Niswan (Gynaecology)|
|Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj (Bedside clinic and principles of management)||Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumalood (Obstetrics and Neonatology)|
|Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regional Therapy)||Ilmul Jarahat (Surgery)|
|Amraz-e-Atfal (Paediatrics)||Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan (Ophthalmology and Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat)|
|Course||Annual Fees (AIQ)|
Note: To know the exact bifurcation of fees, Kindly contact to our admission expert at 9289495501
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark set by the selection committee for student admission. These cutoff scores will be used to create a merit list. Aspirants who apply to the Institute must meet the Cutoff for various programmes.
In order to be considered for further admission, candidates must acquire a minimum qualifying percentile mark in the NEET 2023 entrance examination.
To be considered for AIQ and state counseling, candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC must acquire at least 40th percentile marks.
Aspirants in the UR category must achieve a score of at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2021 qualifying percentile and scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Unani Medical College, Chennai|
Government Unani Medical College, Chennai
Address: Baijnathpara, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492001.
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
Official Website: http://www.unaniraipur.org
BUMS College Predictor
BUMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
Thorough that BUMS Admission Consultant guides students on Ayush counseling & top homeopathic college criterion.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over a year of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
|Entrance Exam:||NEET Entrance Exam|
|Age:||In terms of age, only aspirants aged 17 and up were permitted to register for the national entrance examination.|
|Qualification||10+2 percentage required for NEET 2023 exam is separate for every category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in class 12 to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects UR – 50%,OBC/SC/ST – 40%,PWD – 45%|
The application form for admission to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Degree Courses in I.M. & H. Self-Financing Medical Colleges for the 2023-2024 session under Management Quota Seats can be downloaded / accessed from the following official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. Candidates must send their downloaded, completely filled-in Application form along with all needed supporting documents, as well as proof of payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) towards the application fee, i.e., with SBI collect transaction ID (Original receipt to be enclosed).
Filling out the application form and submitting all required documents in person or by registered mail, courier service, or speed post before the deadline.
Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy,
Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,
Chennai – 600 106.
The rank / merit list of qualified candidates, call letter, and counseling schedule, among other things, will be available on the following website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. The Rank / Merit List shall include the Application Registration Number (A.R. No.). Candidates can obtain the Call Letter by providing their A.R. No. and Date of Birth on the official website.
All BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Course selections and admissions are merely tentative. The selection and admission are subject to cancellation at any moment if the eligibility conditions are determined to be flawed or incorrect, or if there is any deliberate or unintentional hiding of facts. The Selection Committee has complete authority over allotment to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS courses and Colleges.
a. The Selection Committee is the recognized authority for counseling for all undergraduate courses in Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, and Unani medicine in all Tamil Nadu Government and Self-Financing ASUH Institutions.
b. No authority or institution shall admit any candidate to the undergraduate course in violation of the admissions criteria or procedure established by the Selection Committee, and any candidate accepted in violation of the said criteria or procedure shall be discharged.
c. Any authority or institution that admits a student in violation of the criteria or procedure will be subject to action under the provisions of the NCISM and NCH Amendment Regulation 2018.
During counseling, candidates will be chosen based on their NEET UG-2023 scores and by using the Single Window System. Only the official website, www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in, will have a counseling schedule.
Candidates must attend the counseling session according to the schedule and rank listed on the official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
One of the candidate’s parents or guardians may accompany him or her to the counseling session, but they must make their own travel arrangements. Mobile phone use will also be absolutely prohibited in the Counseling Hall.
Candidates will be contacted for counseling based on their rank, and they will be able to exercise their choice based on the eligibility criteria outlined in the Prospectus.
Once an option has been exercised during counseling, it is definitive and cannot be modified.
- Candidates who do not attend the counseling session on the scheduled date and time forfeit their entitlement to admission and their names will not be considered subsequently. However, due to unavoidable circumstances, he or she may authorize his or her parent to act on his or her behalf during that period of counseling, and the parent’s choice will be binding on the candidate. An authorization letter provided by the candidate should be supplied by the parents, together with the original documents of any one of the identifying proofs such as Voter ID, Driving License, Pan Card / Passport of both the parent and the candidate, as listed in Annexures VA and VB.
- Seats under the All India Quota (AIQ) would be open, with no preference.
(a). All communications regarding counseling will be shown / made available only through the official website, and any change or alteration, as well as essential information pertaining to this admission procedure, will be made immediately available on the website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
(b).Candidates are required to visit the website at least twice a day for updates from the date of application release until the end of the admission process. The Selection Committee will not be held liable for any consequences arising from a failure to diligently follow-up on notices, notifications, and publications appearing on the internet about admission to B.S.M.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.H.M.S. Courses under the All India Quota 2022 – 2023 session.
(a)Vacancies that arise following the first round of counseling will be filled from the waiting list via counseling.
(b) Counseling / Allotment for seats newly created due to the provision of seat matrix by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University after the commencement of first phase counseling or due to orders / interim orders passed by the Honourable High Court Madras after the commencement of 1st phase counseling will be done ONLY during the 2nd phase counseling but within the cutoff date for UG Courses admission as laid down by the regulatory bodies i.e., NCISM/CCIM
(a) Candidates can exercise their option for the course and college of their choosing during counseling and allotment is subject to seat availability.
(b) Individual requests for transfer of college or change of course will not be permitted once a seat has been allotted within the same period of counseling. A candidate is only eligible for re-allotment based on rank during the subsequent phase of counseling, and he or she must have enrolled in the Self-Financing College to which they were assigned under the All India Quota during the previous phase of counseling.
- Any vacancies that arise following the All India Quota Counseling would be converted into State Quota and filled by the State Government in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Under no circumstances will mutual transfers be permitted.
- Based on his/her eligibility and merit marks acquired in NEET 2022, the candidate is eligible to apply for any of the courses viz. BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under All India Quota in Self-financing institutes.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing college under the All India Quota during counseling and do not join within the stipulated time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted, will not be considered for admission at any point in the future.
- The counseling schedule will only be published on the website.
- If a candidate opts out of / is unwilling to take any seat in a particular course while seats are available at the time of his / her counseling for Management Quota seat, he/she will not be eligible for the same seat in that particular course at any point in time afterwards for whatever reason.
- Candidates who receive allotment for any other reason after the counseling has concluded shall be given a seat in any of the colleges under Management Quota Seats, regardless of their merit of marks.
- Based on his/her eligibility, the candidate may choose any of the following courses: BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under Management Quota at Self-financing colleges. Similarly, he or she can choose to be waitlisted for a specific course under Management Quota.
- Re-allotment for vacancies created by candidates’ failure to join will be done on a merit basis, subject to the availability of adequate time before the T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University’s cut-off date.
- Re-allotment will be accessible only to individuals who enrolled in the course within the time frame specified.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing institution under Management Quota during counseling and do not join within the required time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted will not be considered for admission at any point in time later.
- Candidates who receive allotment through court orders before the cut-off date shall be allocated a seat in the current Management Quota slots available at the time of counseling when he/she actually attends.
- If a candidate and his/her parent/guardian are unable to attend the Counseling on the specified date and time due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, the candidate will be permitted to attend the counseling on the subsequent date in the same phase of counseling and he/she can only opt for the seats available at the time of counseling and cannot claim seat as per his/her rank. As authorization, the candidate shall present Annexures V A and V B.
- All vacancies caused by candidates’ failure to join or by new colleges joining through the judicial system will be filled in the second phase. Candidates who do not attend the 1st Phase counseling on the designated date and time will be barred from attending the succeeding phases of counseling.
- Not joined / ceased following allotment, candidates are ineligible for subsequent stages of counseling.
Application Fee Process
To pay fees please visit https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=2846956
click on this link directly or
Go to www.onlinesbi.sbi _ SB Collect _ Check and Click to proceed _ Select state as Tamil Nadu
and Type of Institution as Educational Institution, Click GO to continue _ Select DIRECTOR OF
INDIAN MEDICINE & HOMEOPATHY from the dropdown menu, click Submit to continue _ Select
Appropriate payment category and proceed.
The following fields will be present please fill them (NAME OF THE CANDIDATE, FATHER/GUARDIAN NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MOBILE NUMBER, DISTRICT, STATE, APPLICATION FEES – Rs. 1000)
Payment information must be sent with the application.
Before signing the attendance register for the IM & H UG courses counseling for All India Quota seats/ Management seats, all candidates must pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in cash towards the counseling processing fee.
Candidates who are selected at the time of counseling (Under All India Quota Seats/ Management Seats in Self-Financing IM & H College) must pay a non-refundable payment of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty-Five Thousand Only) in cash at the time of receipt of allotment orders. This amount will be transferred to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University following the completion of the Registration Subcommittee meeting.
If the candidate fails to enroll in the course after receiving an allotment order under Management Quota Seats within the time frame specified, he or she will forfeit this sum as well as the seat assigned.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
What is the official website for Government Unani Medical College, Chennai?
The official website for Government Unani Medical College, Chennai is http://www.gumcchennai.com/
Who is affiliated with Government Unani Medical College, Chennai?
Government Unani Medical College, Chennai is affiliated with The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Chennai.
Is Government Unani Medical College, Chennai a full-fledged government institution?
Yes, Government Unani Medical College, Chennai is a government Ayurved college.
What is the location of Government Unani Medical College, Chennai?
The location of Government Unani Medical College, Chennai is Srinagar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106.
When was Government Unani Medical College, Chennai establish?
Government Unani Medical College, Chennai was founded in 1979.
How many BAMS seats are there at this institute?
A total of 60 seats are there for the BAMS course in this Institute.
What is the course offered and what is the duration of each course?
Course offered BAMS and duration time is 4.6+ (1 Year Internship).