Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is a non-government, aided college under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & FW, Government of West Bengal, with a 25-bed hospital for teaching Homoeopathy to undergrad students. The college is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences
It was one of three Homoeopathic institutions in their state that introduced the D.H.M.S Course, which was approved by the National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi. When it first went into effect in 1983, New Delhi was a unified all-India diploma course.
It is with great pleasure that the University of Burdwan has awarded affiliation to this institute to operate the Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S) Course beginning with the Academic Session 1995-96. From the 2004-2005 academic year, it is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Let’s see the facts about Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
|College Name||Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital|
|Popular Name||Bengal Homoeopathic College|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA (once a year)|
|Category||BHMS Colleges in West Bengal|
|Contact||Address: ISMILE, P.O. ASANSOL, DIST – BURDWAN, STATE – WEST BENGAL, PIN CODE – 713301|
Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Rest room
- Seminar & Workshops
- Operation Theatre
- Ambulance service
- Organon & Hom. Phil
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Practice of Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Community Medicine
Faculty & Staff
- The Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital boasts a dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff who contribute to the institution’s success in homeopathic education and healthcare.
- The faculty members at Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College are experienced professionals who possess in-depth knowledge of homeopathy. They are committed to imparting their expertise to students in a simplified manner. With their clear and concise teaching approach, they ensure that complex concepts are easily understandable. The faculty members utilize practical examples and engaging teaching methods to facilitate effective learning and skill development among students.
- The staff at Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College play a vital role in supporting the overall functioning of the institution. The administrative staff efficiently handle administrative tasks, admissions, record-keeping, and event coordination. Their organized and streamlined efforts contribute to creating a smooth and productive environment for both students and faculty members.
- In the hospital attached to the college, a team of compassionate homeopathic physicians and healthcare professionals provide patient care. They possess a deep understanding of homeopathic principles and employ simplified approaches to diagnosis and treatment. The medical staff ensures that patients receive individualized attention and care, taking into consideration their specific needs and health conditions.
- The combined efforts of the faculty and staff at Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital create a nurturing learning environment. Their simplified teaching methods and efficient administrative support contribute to a positive educational experience for students. Moreover, the compassionate care provided by the medical staff in the hospital promotes healing and well-being among patients.
Course Offered and Seat Intake
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital offers UG Degree Courses.
|BHMS||4 ½ years + 1 year compulsory internship= 5 ½ years||50|
We will inform you about the BHMS Syllabus in this section.
|Materia Medica||This subject is concerned with the theory and study of drugs that are used in the treatment of disease prescribed as per the Doctor. It includes pharmacology, clinical pharmacology and the history and physical and chemical properties of drugs.|
|Organon of Medicine||In this subject, those principles are applied which are necessary to obtain the results.|
|Anatomy||This subject gives knowledge exposure about plants and animals and the interrelation of their parts.|
|Physiology & Biochemistry||This subject deals with the functions and activities of living organisms and their internal and external parts.|
|Community Medicine||In this subject, the health of the members of a community or a region is concerned.|
Here is the fee structure with its courses offered by Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
|Item / Particulars||1ST B.H.M.S.||2nd B.H.M.S.||3rd B.H.M.S.||4th B.H.M.S.|
for Undergraduate Courses
|Qualifying Exams||NEET Entrance Examination|
|Age Requirement:||As of December 31, 2023, the candidate must have completed 17 years of age.|
|Domicile||Candidates must be residents of West Bengal.|
|Qualification||Applicants must have finished 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory courses with a minimum of 50 %, 40 % for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% for PwD candidates.|
Cut off 2023
NEET AYUSH Cut Off is the minimum qualifying score that aspiring candidates need to achieve in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to secure admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) courses.
The cut-off is determined by the regulatory authorities and varies each year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. It serves as a benchmark for selecting candidates for AYUSH undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various colleges and universities across India. Meeting the NEET AYUSH Cut-Off is essential for aspiring students to pursue their dreams of studying AYUSH disciplines and embarking on a career in alternative medicine.
NEET Ayush 2022-23 Cut Off
|Category||Percentile||NEET cut-off marks 2022||NEET cut-off marks 2023|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 -130||720-137|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||136-107|
|UR / EWS &PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||120-107|
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College Cut-Off 2023
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Third Round||Fourth Round|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College|
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College
- Address: Smile, P.O. Asansol, Dist- Burdwan, State – West Bengal, Pin Code – 713301
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no: 9289495501
- Website: http://bhmch.org/
BHMS College Predictor
BHMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BHMS Admission Consultant
BHMS admission consultant assists students in securing admission into BHMS programs. They provide guidance on the application process, recommend suitable colleges, help with document preparation, and offer support in exam preparation. Their goal is to simplify the admission process and increase students’ chances of getting into reputable BHMS institutions.
NEET Counseling Experts
NEET Counseling Experts have designed user-friendly tools to help students figure out what they want to do with their lives. To receive support throughout the NEET Counseling process and until individuals are accepted into their selected medical college.
AYUSH counseling experts
AYUSH counseling experts with over years of experience offers their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
Step 2: Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
Step 3: Click on the “Registration” link.
Step 4: Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
Step 5: Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
Step 6: Pay the registration fee of INR 500 (General) or INR 1000 (SC/ST/PwD).
Step 7: Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 8: You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials.
Step 9: Log in to the website using your credentials.
Step 10: Fill out the choice form and lock your choices.
Step 11: You will be allotted a seat based on your choices and the availability of seats.
Step 12: You will need to pay the admission fee to confirm your seat.
Note: The registration process for the West Bengal AYUSH Counselling will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase 1: Registration for All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
- Phase 2: Registration for State Quota seats.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
- Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
- Click on the “Registration” link.
- Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the registration fee of Rs. 2000/- (General) or INR Rs.1500/-(SC/ST/PwD).
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After the registration process is complete, you will be able to fill out your choice form.
- You can choose up to 10 colleges in order of preference.
- You can change your choices as many times as you want before the seat allotment process begins.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- The seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds.
- In the first round, candidates will be allotted seats based on their NEET scores and their choices.
- In the second round, unfilled seats will be allotted to candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round.
- The seat allotment results will be published on the WBMCC website.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat must submit their documents for verification at the college.
- The documents that need to be submitted vary depending on the college.
- The document verification process will be conducted at the college.
Step 5: Payment of Admission Fee
- Once the documents have been verified, candidates must pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- The admission fee is INR 1000 (General) or INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD).
- The admission fee can be paid online or at the college.
For State Quota Documents
- Acknowledgement Slip- After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Domicile certificate (a1,a2,b) or e-district website domicile certificate
- In the case of a parent’s domicile certificate displaying residence as West Bengal (any two of the three ID cards specified above), the voter card/Aadhar card/passport of the parent’s is required.
- If relevant, caste certificate. (This document was issued in the state of West Bengal.)
- 2023 NEET-UG Admissions card.
- 2023 NEET-UG Rank Card.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
- Proof of payment of Counselling fees (generated online).
- Proof of age (by December 31, 2023, you must be 17 years old).
- Verification of marks sheet for class 10+2.
- Provisional allotment letter from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in.
For Management Quota Documents
- Acknowledgment Slip – After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Admit Card for NEET-UG 2023.
- Rank Card for NEET-UG 2023
- Proof of Counselling Fees Payment (generated online).
- Proof of Age ( age should be 17 years by 31.12.2023)
- Medical Certificate (from Registered Allopathic Medical Practioner).
- 10+2 marks sheet for verification of marks.
- Allotted candidate’s Provisional allotment letter generated from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in
- As an application, a caste certificate is required.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
What is the Official website for Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital official website is http://bhmch.org/.
Which university is affiliated with Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Is Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital a government or private institution?
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is a private Homeopathic institution.
When was Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College founded?
Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College was founded in 1991.
How many BHMS seats are there at this institute?
This Institute has 50 students seats available for the BHMS course.
How can I enroll for admission into Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College?
Students must perform well on the NEET exam to enroll in Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College.