Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College was founded in 1994 as a branch of the Hahnemann Homoeopathic Medical Trust. Venkateswara Homoeopathic Hospital was founded in 1995 by Founder-Chairman Er.V.K.Arumugam with the sole intention of bringing Homoeopathy to the masses. He desired that the sick and needy receive treatment that was safe, gentle, and effective.
Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College was founded in 2000 with the ambitious goal of producing qualified, competent, and confident Homoeopathic graduates. The college is located in a prime area of Porur, Chennai, in a scenic location directly across from Porur Lake. It is also well connected to Chennai’s suburban areas via public transportation and a bypass route.
The college is proud of its integrated educational and medical infrastructure, which includes modern refurbished buildings, spacious well-ventilated classrooms with microphones and LCD projectors, state-of-the-art laboratories for every subject, a well-furnished library with an extensive collection of books, and an air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 people.
This institution’s major strength is its highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty. Their student-friendly approach, modern teaching techniques with audio visual aids (such as an LCD projector and microphone) in every classroom, and individual attention ensure academic excellence and are the reason for our astounding success rate in university exams.
Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital Highlights
|College Name||Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital|
|Popular Name||VHMC Chennai, Venkateswara Homoeopathic College|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.|
|Approved by||National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||BHMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|UG Entrance test||NEET Exam conducted by NTA|
|Contact Details||Address: 4/11, Samayapuram Main Road, Karambakkam, Porur, Chennai – 600 116.
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
Email: [email protected]
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Approved by:- National Commission For Homeopathy (NCH) New Delhi
- Aid Status:- Private
- Lecture Hall
- Herbal Garden
- Department of Organon of Medicine
- Department of Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Department of Homoeopathic Pharmacy
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Human Physiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Department of Practice of Medicine
- Department of Repertory
- Department of Community Medicine
Faculty and Staff
This college has a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members who are equipped with cutting-edge technology. It also provides a sufficient number of non-technical staff to provide a self-learning environment for the Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the institution’s medical education standards. All of the campus’s faculty adheres to the following policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific evidence available.
- Reduce incorrect variation in value-based methods.
- Provide more rational and practical behavior in relation to the subject being taught.
- Increasingly focusing on continuing education
- to encourage the effective use of available resources
- To serve as the focal point for quality control, including auditing.
- To draw attention to the shortcomings of existing literature and to make recommendations for future research.
|BHMS||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship||100|
Following subjects are offered by most of the medical institutions in India:
|Materia Medica||This subject is concerned with the theory and study of drugs used in the treatment of disease prescribed as per the Doctor. It includes pharmacology, clinical pharmacology and the history and physical and chemical properties of drugs.|
|Organon of Medicine||In this subject, those principles are applied, which are necessary to obtain the results.|
|Anatomy||This subject exposes plants and animals and the interrelation of their parts.|
|Physiology & Biochemistry||This subject deals with the functions and activities of living organisms and their internal and external parts.|
|Community Medicine||In this subject, the health of a community or region members is concerned.|
Note: To know the exact bifurcation of fees, Kindly contact to our admission expert at 9289495501
The College Cut-off is the minimum number of points required by the admissions committee for students to be admitted. Based on these cutoff scores, a merit list will be created. Candidates who apply to the Institute must meet the Cutoff for various courses.
In order to be considered for further admission, aspirants must obtain a minimum qualifying percentile mark in the NEET 2022 entrance examination.
To be considered for AIQ and state counselling, candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile.
Applicants in the UR category must achieve a score of at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital|
Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
Address: 4/11, Samayapuram Main Road, Karambakkam, Porur, Chennai – 600 116.
Admission Helpline No : 9289495501
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: www.venkathomoeo.org
BHMS College Predictor
BHMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
Thorough that BHMS Admission Consultant guides students on Ayush counseling & top homeopathic college’s criterion.
NEET Counseling Experts
To know better NEET Counseling Experts have developed user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, till you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling experts with over a years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
|Entrance Exam||NEET Entrance Exam|
|Age||In terms of age, only aspirants aged 17 and up were permitted to register for the national entrance examination.|
|Qualification||A pass in HSC/ PDC/ CBSE/ Intermediate or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology as the subjects of study as prescribed by the Govt of Tamil Nadu.|
The application form for admission to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Degree Courses in I.M. & H. Self-Financing Medical Colleges for the 2022-2023 session under Management Quota Seats can be downloaded / accessed from the following official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. Candidates must send their downloaded, completely filled-in Application form along with all needed supporting documents, as well as proof of payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) towards the application fee, i.e., with SBI collect transaction ID (Original receipt to be enclosed).
Filling out the application form and submitting all required documents in person or by registered mail, courier service, or speed post before the deadline.
Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy,
Arignar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,
Chennai – 600 106.
The rank / merit list of qualified candidates, call letter, and counseling schedule, among other things, will be available on the following website: www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in. The Rank / Merit List shall include the Application Registration Number (A.R. No.). Candidates can obtain the Call Letter by providing their A.R. No. and Date of Birth on the official website.
All BSMS / BAMS / BHMS Course selections and admissions are merely tentative. The selection and admission are subject to cancellation at any moment if the eligibility conditions are determined to be flawed or incorrect, or if there is any deliberate or unintentional hiding of facts. The Selection Committee has complete authority over allotment to BSMS / BAMS / BHMS courses and Colleges.
a. The Selection Committee is the recognized authority for counseling for all undergraduate courses in Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, and Unani medicine in all Tamil Nadu Government and Self-Financing ASUH Institutions.
b. No authority or institution shall admit any candidate to the undergraduate course in violation of the admissions criteria or procedure established by the Selection Committee, and any candidate accepted in violation of the said criteria or procedure shall be discharged.
c. Any authority or institution that admits a student in violation of the criteria or procedure will be subject to action under the provisions of the NCISM and NCH Amendment Regulation 2018.
During counseling, candidates will be chosen based on their NEET UG-2022 scores and by using the Single Window System. Only the official website, www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in, will have a counseling schedule.
Candidates must attend the counseling session according to the schedule and rank listed on the official website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
One of the candidate’s parents or guardians may accompany him or her to the counseling session, but they must make their own travel arrangements. Mobile phone use will also be absolutely prohibited in the Counseling Hall.
Candidates will be contacted for counseling based on their rank, and they will be able to exercise their choice based on the eligibility criteria outlined in the Prospectus.
Once an option has been exercised during counseling, it is definitive and cannot be modified.
- Candidates who do not attend the counseling session on the scheduled date and time forfeit their entitlement to admission and their names will not be considered subsequently. However, due to unavoidable circumstances, he or she may authorize his or her parent to act on his or her behalf during that period of counseling, and the parent’s choice will be binding on the candidate. An authorization letter provided by the candidate should be supplied by the parents, together with the original documents of any one of the identifying proofs such as Voter ID, Driving License, Pan Card / Passport of both the parent and the candidate, as listed in Annexures VA and VB.
- Seats under the All India Quota (AIQ) would be open, with no preference.
(a). All communications regarding counseling will be shown / made available only through the official website, and any change or alteration, as well as essential information pertaining to this admission procedure, will be made immediately available on the website www.tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
(b).Candidates are required to visit the website at least twice a day for updates from the date of application release until the end of the admission process. The Selection Committee will not be held liable for any consequences arising from a failure to diligently follow-up on notices, notifications, and publications appearing on the internet about admission to B.S.M.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.H.M.S. Courses under the All India Quota 2022 – 2023 session.
(a)Vacancies that arise following the first round of counseling will be filled from the waiting list via counseling.
(b) Counseling / Allotment for seats newly created due to the provision of seat matrix by the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University after the commencement of first phase counseling or due to orders / interim orders passed by the Honourable High Court Madras after the commencement of 1st phase counseling will be done ONLY during the 2nd phase counseling but within the cutoff date for UG Courses admission as laid down by the regulatory bodies i.e., NCISM/CCIM
(a) Candidates can exercise their option for the course and college of their choosing during counseling and allotment is subject to seat availability.
(b) Individual requests for transfer of college or change of course will not be permitted once a seat has been allotted within the same period of counseling. A candidate is only eligible for re-allotment based on rank during the subsequent phase of counseling, and he or she must have enrolled in the Self-Financing College to which they were assigned under the All India Quota during the previous phase of counseling.
- Any vacancies that arise following the All India Quota Counseling would be converted into State Quota and filled by the State Government in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Under no circumstances will mutual transfers be permitted.
- Based on his/her eligibility and merit marks acquired in NEET 2022, the candidate is eligible to apply for any of the courses viz. BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under All India Quota in Self-financing institutes.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing college under the All India Quota during counseling and do not join within the stipulated time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted, will not be considered for admission at any point in the future.
- The counseling schedule will only be published on the website.
- If a candidate opts out of / is unwilling to take any seat in a particular course while seats are available at the time of his / her counseling for Management Quota seat, he/she will not be eligible for the same seat in that particular course at any point in time afterwards for whatever reason.
- Candidates who receive allotment for any other reason after the counseling has concluded shall be given a seat in any of the colleges under Management Quota Seats, regardless of their merit of marks.
- Based on his/her eligibility, the candidate may choose any of the following courses: BSMS / BAMS / BHMS under Management Quota at Self-financing colleges. Similarly, he or she can choose to be waitlisted for a specific course under Management Quota.
- Re-allotment for vacancies created by candidates’ failure to join will be done on a merit basis, subject to the availability of adequate time before the T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University’s cut-off date.
- Re-allotment will be accessible only to individuals who enrolled in the course within the time frame specified.
- Those who received an allotment order to a specific course in a Self Financing institution under Management Quota during counseling and do not join within the required time to that specific course and college to which they are allotted will not be considered for admission at any point in time later.
- Candidates who receive allotment through court orders before the cut-off date shall be allocated a seat in the current Management Quota slots available at the time of counseling when he/she actually attends.
- If a candidate and his/her parent/guardian are unable to attend the Counseling on the specified date and time due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, the candidate will be permitted to attend the counseling on the subsequent date in the same phase of counseling and he/she can only opt for the seats available at the time of counseling and cannot claim seat as per his/her rank. As authorization, the candidate shall present Annexures V A and V B.
- All vacancies caused by candidates’ failure to join or by new colleges joining through the judicial system will be filled in the second phase. Candidates who do not attend the 1st Phase counseling on the designated date and time will be barred from attending the succeeding phases of counseling.
- Not joined / ceased following allotment, candidates are ineligible for subsequent stages of counseling.
Application Fee Process
To pay fees please visit https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=2846956
click on this link directly or
Go to www.onlinesbi.sbi _ SB Collect _ Check and Click to proceed _ Select state as Tamil Nadu
and Type of Institution as Educational Institution, Click GO to continue _ Select DIRECTOR OF
INDIAN MEDICINE & HOMEOPATHY from the dropdown menu, click Submit to continue _ Select
Appropriate payment category and proceed.
The following fields will be present please fill them (NAME OF THE CANDIDATE, FATHER/GUARDIAN NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MOBILE NUMBER, DISTRICT, STATE, APPLICATION FEES – Rs. 1000)
Payment information must be sent with the application.
Before signing the attendance register for the IM & H UG courses counseling for All India Quota seats/ Management seats, all candidates must pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in cash towards the counseling processing fee.
Candidates who are selected at the time of counseling (Under All India Quota Seats/ Management Seats in Self-Financing IM & H College) must pay a non-refundable payment of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty-Five Thousand Only) in cash at the time of receipt of allotment orders. This amount will be transferred to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University following the completion of the Registration Subcommittee meeting.
If the candidate fails to enroll in the course after receiving an allotment order under Management Quota Seats within the time frame specified, he or she will forfeit this sum as well as the seat assigned.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
What is the official website for Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
The official website for Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is www.venkathomoeo.org
Who is affiliated with Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is affiliated with the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.
Is Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital a full-fledged government institution?
No, Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is a Private Homoeopathy college.
What is the location of Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital?
The location of Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital is 4/11, Samayapuram Main Road, Karambakkam, Porur, Chennai – 600 116.
When did Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital establish?
Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital was founded in 2000.
How many BHMS seats are there at this institute?
A total of 100 seats are there for the BHMS course in this Institute
Does Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital have hostel facility?
Yes, Venkateswara Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital has hostel facilities.