Private BUMS College in Uttarakhand serves as a light for individuals seeking to enter the field of unani medicine. In the absence of a government-sponsored Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) program, private universities play a crucial part in providing complete education in traditional Unani practices. Uttarakhand’s private BUMS institutes are dedicated to developing skilled practitioners who combine ancient healing techniques with modern medical expertise.
These institutes frequently include cutting-edge facilities, skilled teachers, and a curriculum designed to fulfill the criteria specified by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM). The lack of a government counterpart forces private institutions to take the lead, considerably contributing to the preservation and promotion of Unani medicine in the region.
|5.5 Years (Including 1-year internship)
|10+2 with P.C.B. as main subjects
|NEET Entrance Exam
|Arabic & Mantiq Falsifa.Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya.Tashreehul BadanMunafeul Aaza
|Tareekhe TibTahaffuzi wa Samaji TibIlmul AdviaMahiyatul Amraz
|Communication SkillsIlmul Saidla wa MurakkabatTibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul SamoomSareeriyat wa Usoole IlajIlaj bit TadbeerAmraze Atfal
|Moalejat – IMoalejat – IIAmraze NiswanIlmul Qabalat wa NaumauloodIImul JarahatAin Uzn Anf Halaq wa Asnan
|Candidates must be Indian citizens.
|Candidates should possess a valid domicile of Uttarakhand
|Candidates must have attained the age of 17 years as of December 31, 2024. There is no upper age limit.
|Candidates must have completed 10+2 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects. They should have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
|Candidates must have appeared for the NEET-UG examination and obtained the minimum qualifying percentile as prescribed by the respective regulatory bodies.
|NEET-UG Merit List
|Candidates must have qualified for the NEET-UG merit list. The merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s NEET-UG scores.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2024
|Cut-off marks 2022
|Cut-off marks 2023
|Cut-off marks 2024
|UR / EWS & PH
|OBC & PH
|SC & PH
|ST & PH
Uttarakhand Ayush Counselling Process
Step 1: Registration
- NEET(UG)-2024 qualified candidates interested in counseling need to register themselves on counselling official website (https://uauconlinecounselling.com/).
- Provide necessary details including NEET 2024 examination Roll Number, NEET application number, valid mobile number, and other required information.
- Registration is available for each round of counseling as per the counseling schedule.
Step 2: Eligibility for Counseling
- Only registered candidates will be allowed to participate in the specific round of counseling.
- Candidates who fail to register in the 1st round can still participate in the 2nd and Mop-Up round of counseling after registration and payment of the required fee.
Step 3: Fill Choices
- Candidates must fill their choices for the desired courses and colleges during the online choice filling process.
- Choices should be in order of preference and eligibility.
- Candidates are advised to select choices carefully as allotment once done cannot be altered.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- Based on the choices filled and candidate’s merit, seat allotment will take place.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in the 1st round, they can choose to accept the seat or participate in the 2nd round for seat up-gradation.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in the 2nd round, they can choose to accept the seat or apply for resignation/surrender through the respective college Principal.
Step 5: Reporting and Joining
- Candidates who accept the allotted seat must report to the allotted college within the specified time frame.
- Failure to report/join the allotted college will result in the forfeiture of the seat.
Step 6: Subsequent Rounds (If Applicable)
- Candidates who have not been allotted a seat or wish to participate in further rounds can register and fill fresh choices in each subsequent round of counseling.
- Candidates can opt for seat up-gradation in the 2nd round if they were allotted a seat in the 1st round.
First Round Counselling
- Candidates Registration:
- Qualified NEET (UG)-2024 candidates must register online, including payment of the required registration fee.
- They need to fill choices based on preference and eligibility to participate in the first counseling round.
- A print copy of the filled online choice form should be kept for future reference.
- Allotment Letter and Admission:
- The college allotment letter will be accessible online on the University website along with instructions.
- Candidates must produce the printout of this allotment letter during college admission, and no admission extension will be permitted.
- Admitted candidates must secure admission in the respective AYUSH colleges by the specified last admission date of the round; failure results in automatic cancellation.
- Seat Up gradation (Optional):
- Candidates allotted seats in the 1st round can opt to participate in the 2nd round for seat up gradation, if unsatisfied.
- An allotment letter can be generated after the deposition of a refundable security fee (Rs. 15000 for U.G).
- Security Fee:
- Security fee (Rs.15000) is refundable after the last counseling round if the candidate takes admission.
- Forfeited if a candidate does not join the allotted seat, surrenders the seat, or if the seat is cancelled due to inaccurate information.
Second Round Counselling
- Group-I: Registered candidates with no seat allotment in the 1st round.
- Group-II: Candidates reported/joined the allotted institute in the 1st round and desire 2nd round up gradation.
- Group-III: Allotted a seat but not joined.
- Group-IV: Candidates registering for the first time.
- Fresh candidates must register online, including payment, and fill choices.
- Registered candidates and those opting for upgradation do not need to pay registration fees.
- Seat Resignation/Surrender:
- Candidates admitted in round I or II can resign/surrender seats through the college principal before Mop-Up Round.
- Admission and Security Fee:
- Similar to the 1st round, candidates allotted seats in the 2nd round must secure admission by the specified date.
- Allotment letter generation requires security fee deposition.
Mop-Up Round Counselling
- Candidates registering for the first time.
- Candidates registered but unallotted in Rounds I & II.
- Except Round I or II admitted candidates.
- Candidates who resigned/surrendered seats after admission and applied through the college principal.
- Registration and Presentation:
- Eligible candidates must register online for the Mop-Up Round.
- They must appear before the counseling board with original documents on the scheduled date for seat allotment.
- Round I/Round II admitted candidates can withdraw/surrender seats before Mop-Up Round registration with forfeiture of security fee.
- After this period, withdrawal/surrender will lead to ineligibility for further AYUSH counseling.
- Security Fee:
- Similar to previous rounds, security fee deposition is required for allotment letter generation.
Counselling registration Fee
|Registration Fee for All Categories
|Fresh Registration Fee for Round 2
|Mop-Up Round Registration Fee
Uttarakhand Ayush Counselling Document Required
- Coloured passport size photographs (five)
- High School (10th) Certificate for Age proof.
- Intermediate (10+2) Certificate.
- Intermediate (10+2) Mark sheet.
- NEET 2024 Admit Card
- NEET 2024 Result/Rank letter
- Certificate of Reserve category, if applicable (SC,ST,OBC,EWS)
- Certificate of Sub Category, if applicable. (for Domicile/Permanent resident of Uttarakhand only)
- DPW/Dependent of FF/PwD(PH) category certificate issued by competent authority of Uttarakhand state only, if applicable.
- Certificates required for Ward of Kashmiri Migrants, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate ( For Uttarakhand domicile candidate only)
- Valid ID proof (preferably Aadhar Card/Passport/ Driving License etc)
- Character Certificate (by last institute attended).
- Migration Certificate (original)
- Leaving certificate or Transfer certificate (original)
- Affidavit of Gap (if applicable)
- Allotment letter of UAUC U.G. 2023-24
- Other documents as per the requirement of the concerned college (eg. Affidavit of Anti-Ragging, Medical Fitness Certificate etc.)
- Other supporting document as desired by the candidate.
Private BUMS College in Uttarakhand
|Uttaranchal Unani Medical College & Hospital Haridwar
|Uttarakhand Ayurved University
Career Opportunities In Unani Medicine
- Clinical Practitioner: Unani doctors can establish private practices or work in healthcare facilities, diagnosing and treating patients using Unani medicine principles.
- Research Scientist: Opportunities exist for Unani professionals to engage in research, contributing to the development of new herbal formulations, treatment modalities, and validating traditional practices through scientific studies.
- Teaching and Academia: Unani graduates can pursue careers in teaching at universities and Unani colleges, imparting knowledge to the next generation of practitioners.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Unani professionals can work in the pharmaceutical sector, involved in the production, quality control, and research of Unani medicines.
- Health and Wellness Consultant: Unani experts can provide personalized health consultations, offering advice on lifestyle modifications and dietary choices based on Unani principles for holistic well-being.
- Hospital Administration: Those with management skills can opt for roles in hospital administration, overseeing the functioning of Unani healthcare facilities.
- Public Health Specialist: Unani graduates can contribute to public health initiatives by educating communities on preventive healthcare measures and integrating Unani practices into mainstream healthcare.
- Medical Tourism Facilitator: With the growing interest in traditional medicine, Unani professionals can assist in promoting medical tourism by showcasing Unani treatments and wellness programs.
- Herbal Product Entrepreneur: Entrepreneurs can establish businesses focusing on Unani herbal products, including supplements, skincare items, and wellness products.
- Government Health Services: Unani practitioners may find employment in government health services, contributing to the delivery of alternative healthcare options to a wider population.
BUMS College Predictor
BUMS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BUMS Admission Consultant
BUMS Admission Consultant assists students in securing admission into BUMS programs. They provide guidance on the application process, recommend suitable colleges, help with document preparation, and offer support in exam preparation. Their goal is to simplify the admission process and increase students’ chances of getting into reputable BUMS institutions.
NEET Counseling Experts
NEET Counseling Experts have designed user-friendly tools to help students figure out what they want to do with their lives. To receive support throughout the NEET Counseling process and until individuals are accepted into their selected medical college.
AYUSH counseling experts
AYUSH Counseling Experts with over years of experience offers their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Are there Private BUMS Colleges in Uttarakhand?
A: Yes, several private colleges offer Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) programs in Uttarakhand.
Q: What is the duration of the BUMS program in Private Colleges in Uttarakhand?
A: The BUMS program typically spans five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
Q: What facilities are available for practical training in Private BUMS Colleges?
A: Private colleges often have well-equippd laboratories and affiliations with hospitals for clinical exposure and practical training.
Q: Is the curriculum at Private BUMS Colleges recognized by regulatory bodies?
A: Yes, the curriculum is typically approved by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), ensuring national recognition.
Q: What specializations are available within the BUMS program in Private Colleges?
A: Specializations may include Moalajat, Ilmul Advia, Kulliyat, and others, providing students options to focus on specific areas.
Q: Can BUMS graduates from Private Colleges practice modern medicine in Uttarakhand?
A: No, BUMS graduates are trained in Unani medicine and are not authorized to practice modern allopathic medicine.
Q: What role does the internship play in the BUMS program at Private Colleges?
A: Internship is a crucial component, providing students with practical experience and exposure to different aspects of Unani medicine practice.
Q: Are there opportunities for research in Unani medicine at Private BUMS Colleges?
A: Private colleges may encourage and facilitate research activities, allowing students to contribute to the growth of Unani medicine knowledge.
Q: How are practical and clinical sessions conducted in Private BUMS Colleges?
A: These colleges typically have well-equipped labs and affiliations with hospitals for hands-on training.