Private BNYS College in West Bengal is notable absence from the state’s educational landscape. Unlike many other Indian states, West Bengal currently does not have a single privately operated Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) institution. This gap in private BNYS education options leaves eager students with few options for pursuing this alternative system of medicine in the region.
The lack of private BNYS colleges suggests a potential deficit in naturopathic education and training opportunities for persons interested in this subject in the state. In addition to the educational gap, West Bengal lacks a Government BNYS College. The absence of both private and public institutions specializing in BNYS denies students the opportunity to get formal education in this holistic approach to healthcare.
|4.5 years + 1 year Internship
|10+2 with PCB as main subjects
|NEET Entrance Exam
|Average Starting Salary
|INR 3-5 Lacs
|Pathology I & II
|Forensic medicines and toxicology
|Yoga and Physical Culture-1
|Psychology & Basic Psychiatry
|Diagnostic Methods in Naturopath
|Obstetrics & Gynecology
|Chromotherapy & Magneto therapy
|Diagnostic Methods in Modern Medicine
|Yoga & Physical Culture – II
|Fasting & Diet Therapy
|Philosophy of Nature cure I &
|Nutrition & Herbology
|Acupuncture, Acupressure, Reflexology, Reiki & Pranic healing
|Philosophy & Practice of Yoga
|Massage Chiropractors Osteopathy Aroma and Therapy
|Minor Surgery, First Aid & Emergency Medicine
|Candidates must be Indian citizens.
|Candidates should be residents of West Bengal or fulfill the specified domicile requirements.
|Candidates must meet the age criteria specified by the counseling authority.
|Applicants must have finished 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory courses with a minimum of 50 %, 40 % for SC/ST category candidates, and 45 % for Physically Handicapped candidates.
|Candidates may need to appear for a relevant entrance exam, such as NEET or a state-level Ayush entrance exam, and the eligibility may be based on scores.
|Additional requirements, if any, specified by the counseling authority.
NEET AYUSH Cutoff 2024
|Cut-off marks 2022
|Cut-off marks 2023
|Cut-off marks 2024
|UR / EWS & PH
|OBC & PH
|SC & PH
|ST & PH
West Bengal Ayush Registration Process
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
- Step 2: Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
- Step 3: Click on the “Registration” link.
- Step 4: Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Step 5: Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Step 6: Pay the registration fee of INR 500 (General) or INR 1000 (SC/ST/PwD).
- Step 7: Click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 8: You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials.
- Step 9: Log in to the website using your credentials.
- Step 10: Fill out the choice form and lock your choices.
- Step 11: You will be allotted a seat based on your choices and the availability of seats.
- Step 12: You will need to pay the admission fee to confirm your seat.
Note: The registration process for the West Bengal AYUSH Counselling will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase 1: Registration for All India Quota (AIQ) seats.
- Phase 2: Registration for State Quota seats.
West Bengal Ayush Counselling Process
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC) at https://wbmcc.nic.in/.
- Click on the “AYUSH Counselling” tab.
- Click on the “Registration” link.
- Enter your details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Upload your scanned copies of your NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the registration fee of Rs. 2000/- (General) or INR Rs.1500/-(SC/ST/PwD).
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After the registration process is complete, you will be able to fill out your choice form.
- You can choose up to 10 colleges in order of preference.
- You can change your choices as many times as you want before the seat allotment process begins.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- The seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds.
- In the first round, candidates will be allotted seats based on their NEET scores and their choices.
- In the second round, unfilled seats will be allotted to candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round.
- The seat allotment results will be published on the WBMCC website.
Step 4: Document Verification
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat must submit their documents for verification at the college.
- The documents that need to be submitted vary depending on the college.
- The document verification process will be conducted at the college.
Step 5: Payment of Admission Fee
- Once the documents have been verified, candidates must pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- The admission fee is INR 1000 (General) or INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD).
- The admission fee can be paid online or at the college.
For State Quota Documents
- Acknowledgement Slip- After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Domicile certificate (a1,a2,b) or e-district website domicile certificate
- In the case of a parent’s domicile certificate displaying residence as West Bengal (any two of the three ID cards specified above), the voter card/Aadhar card/passport of the parent’s is required.
- If relevant, caste certificate. (This document was issued in the state of West Bengal.)
- 2024 NEET-UG Admissions card.
- 2024 NEET-UG Rank Card.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
- Proof of payment of Counselling fees (generated online).
- Proof of age (by December 31, 2024, you must be 17 years old).
- Verification of marks sheet for class 10+2.
- Provisional allotment letter from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in.
For Management Quota Documents
- Acknowledgment Slip – After successful enrollment, a slip is generated online.
- Admit Card for NEET-UG 2024.
- Rank Card for NEET-UG 2024
- Proof of Counselling Fees Payment (generated online).
- Proof of Age ( age should be 17 years by 31.12.2024)
- Medical Certificate (from Registered Allopathic Medical Practioner).
- 10+2 marks sheet for verification of marks.
- Allotted candidate’s Provisional allotment letter generated from the website https://www.wbmcc.nic.in
- As an application, a caste certificate is required.
- As an application, IPGMER Kolkata issued a PwD certificate.
Private BNYS College in West Bengal
As per National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) there is no Private BNYS College in West Bengal; however, applicants from the state who wish to pursue a Naturopathy course can enroll in another state college.
BNYS College Predictor
BNYS College Predictor employs a novel algorithm that analyses the opening and closing ranks of the previous year’s Ayush counseling data to determine the best college for you to pursue Medical Studies. It forecasts your chances of admission to the medical school of your preference.
BNYS Admission Consultant
BNYS admission consultant is a professional who assists students in navigating the process of getting admitted to BNYS programs. These consultants have a comprehensive understanding of the admission requirements, application procedures, and eligibility criteria of various BNYS colleges and universities. They provide personalized guidance to students, helping them choose the right institutions, gather the necessary documents, and submit strong applications. Admission consultants also offer valuable insights on entrance exams, interview preparation, and scholarships. Their expertise and support streamline the admission process, increasing the chances of securing admission to a desired BNYS program.
NEET Counseling Experts
NEET Counseling Expert have created user-friendly tools to assist in determining students’ goals. To receive assistance throughout the entire NEET Counseling process, until you are admitted to your preferred medical college.
AYUSH counseling expert
AYUSH counseling expert with over a years of experience offer their experienced counseling services so that even individuals with low NEET scores and limited financial resources might gain admission to their respective AYUSH courses
Career Opportunities In Naturopathy Medicine
Clinical Practice: Naturopathic doctors (NDs) can set up their own practices or join existing clinics to serve patients with specialized care. This may entail performing detailed examinations, developing tailored treatment programs, and employing natural therapies such as herbal medicine, diet, and lifestyle counseling.
Health and Wellness Consulting: Naturopathic practitioners can serve as consultants in the health and wellness industry, providing advice to individuals, corporations, and community groups. They may advise on healthy living, stress management, and preventive steps to improve general well-being.
Education and Research: There are academic and research opportunities in naturopathic medicine. NDs can become lecturers, passing on their knowledge to future generations of naturopathic doctors or contributing to research in fields such as herbal medicine, nutrition, and integrative healthcare. This can happen in naturopathic colleges, universities, or other institutions.
Corporate Wellness Programs: Many businesses understand the value of employee health and wellness. Naturopathic doctors can be employed to create and administer corporate wellness programs that emphasize preventive care, stress reduction, and lifestyle changes to improve employees’ overall health and productivity.
Product Development and Marketing: Entrepreneurial naturopaths may choose to produce and promote their own line of natural health products or cooperate with current enterprises. This could include developing and marketing supplements, herbal cures, and other natural health products.
Integrative Healthcare Environments: In integrative healthcare environments, naturopathic doctors may be able to collaborate with conventional medical practitioners. This entails partnering with other healthcare specialists to give patients with comprehensive and holistic care, leveraging the skills of each.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Are there any private BNYS colleges in West Bengal?
A: No, currently there are no private BNYS colleges in West Bengal.
Q: Are there government BNYS colleges in the state?
A: No, there are no government BNYS colleges in West Bengal either.
Q: Why is there a lack of private BNYS colleges in West Bengal?
A: The absence may be attributed to various factors, including regulatory constraints, demand-supply dynamics, and specific policies governing naturopathy education.
Q: Where can one pursue BNYS education in West Bengal?
A: As of now, aspiring students may need to explore BNYS education options outside the state, as West Bengal currently lacks both private and government BNYS colleges.
Q: Are there any plans for establishing private BNYS colleges in West Bengal in the future?
A: There is no publicly available information on specific plans for establishing private BNYS colleges in West Bengal. Prospective students are advised to stay updated on any changes in this regard.
Q: How does the absence of private BNYS colleges impact aspiring naturopathy students in West Bengal?
A: The absence limits options for those interested in pursuing BNYS education within the state, potentially requiring them to seek education in other regions.
Q: Can one practice BNYS without formal education from a recognized college?
A: To practice BNYS professionally, it is generally advisable to obtain education from a recognized institution and fulfill the necessary regulatory requirements.
Q: Are there online BNYS courses available for West Bengal residents?
A: While online courses might be available, prospective students should ensure that the courses are recognized and meet the necessary educational standards.
Q: What alternative healthcare education options are available in West Bengal?
A: There are various alternative healthcare courses available in West Bengal, but BNYS-specific options are currently limited.
Q: Can one pursue BNYS education in neighboring states?
A: Yes, individuals interested in BNYS education may explore options in neighboring states where such colleges may be available.
Q: Are there any scholarships or financial aid for BNYS students in West Bengal?
A: Information on scholarships or financial aid specifically for BNYS students in West Bengal is not readily available.
Q: How can one stay informed about updates on BNYS education in West Bengal?
A: Prospective students can regularly check official education boards, government announcements, and relevant healthcare authorities for any updates.